PDA

View Full Version : March of the Penguins

kuhio98
07-25-2005, 02:50 PM
Has anyone seen this movie? I saw it yesterday and loved it. It's the first time I've been to the movie in a long time, where every seat was filled.

I learned a lot. I never knew that the Emperior Penguins march 70 miles inland and mate. Then, after the female lays the egg, she turns around and marches 70 miles back to the sea to eat. While she's gone, the male keeps the egg from freezing until it hatches. Then, the female returns and takes over feeding the baby. The fathers march back to the sea to finally get a meal (after over 100 days without eating!). Who knew?

finn's mom
07-25-2005, 02:56 PM
I've known about the march, but, haven't seen the film. My parents went, though, and, my mother loved it. I want to see it while it's in the theater, for sure. I'll probably go by myself. It looks wonderful. I also want to see Winged Migration (I think that's what it is called). It's another documentary, but, it's about birds of flight. I can't remember if it's about a specific kind of bird, but, I think (from what I remember the title being) it's about migratory birds. Looks absolutely beautiful, but, I've never gotten around to renting it.

Jadapit
07-25-2005, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by finn's mom
I've known about the march, but, haven't seen the film. My parents went, though, and, my mother loved it. I want to see it while it's in the theater, for sure. I'll probably go by myself. It looks wonderful. I also want to see Winged Migration (I think that's what it is called). It's another documentary, but, it's about birds of flight. I can't remember if it's about a specific kind of bird, but, I think (from what I remember the title being) it's about migratory birds. Looks absolutely beautiful, but, I've never gotten around to renting it.

I want to see March of the Penguins it looks really good. Kari, i believe the other movie you are talking about is about the geese migrating.

finn's mom
07-25-2005, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Jadapit
I want to see March of the Penguins it looks really good. Kari, i believe the other movie you are talking about is about the geese migrating.

Yeah, I knew there were geese, but, I thought there were other birds, too. Either way, I've heard it's stunning!

luvofallhorses
07-25-2005, 03:12 PM
It looks cute! :) But I don't know if I'd want to see it ;)

finn's mom
07-25-2005, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by luvofallhorses
It looks cute! :) But I don't know if I'd want to see it ;)

Why not? I'm not trying to be ugly, but, I'm curious as to why you wouldn't want to see it....

Logan
07-25-2005, 03:26 PM
This is one that I would like to see, too. We watched a report about it yesterday morning on CBS Sunday Morning and both Scott and I thought we would like to see it.

I'm glad you gave a good review!

Logan

luvofallhorses
07-25-2005, 07:12 PM
Why not? I'm not trying to be ugly, but, I'm curious as to why you wouldn't want to see it....

I was joking :p

finn's mom
07-25-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by luvofallhorses
I was joking :p

Ok, sorry I totally didn't pick up that you were joking. I thought you might be like a friend of mine who won't see it because she hates to cry in public. ;)

luvofallhorses
07-25-2005, 08:34 PM
Ok, sorry I totally didn't pick up that you were joking. I thought you might be like a friend of mine who won't see it because she hates to cry in public. ;)

LOL! I could be ;)

Almita
07-25-2005, 11:13 PM
The March Of The Penguins look like a good film to watch I think I might watch it, it sounds interesting.

elizabethann
07-26-2005, 08:00 AM
I definetly want to see March of the Penguins. It's been out for a month but only a limited release. Just last week, it was released nation wide. I can't wait. I love the music. I want to buy the sound track.

I saw Winged Migration at the movies and it was beautiful. I wished I was a bird after I saw it. Luckily, I saw it at the theater so I was able to enjoy the big screen version and got the feeling of flying. Not sure how the little screen version will be.

:)

elizabethann
08-01-2005, 08:45 AM
Saw March of the Penguins this past weekend. It was very good. I would highly recommend it. The baby penguins were so cute! I want one!

RedHedd
12-04-2005, 12:09 PM
I watched it last night on DVD. I'm glad I didn't see it in a theatre as I was eeping very loudly over the all cuteness - the baby chicks were SO CUTE! Also the DVD had extras that showed how they filmed the movie and what global warming is doing to the Emperor Penguins' natural habitat and species.

The Monterey Bay Aquarium has a penguin exhibit and now I really want to go see it. Probably during my Chrismas vacation.

Corinna
12-04-2005, 12:45 PM
just bought the DVD haven't had time to watch it yet hopefully later.

king2005
12-04-2005, 01:16 PM
We rented it last tue. Tom loves penguins for whatever reason. It was really good :) It was interesting how they passed off the egg & if it wasn't fast enough the egg would split open & then the parents would leave.

I also found it sad when the chick died & then the mother went on a rampage trying to steal herself a chick & then the flock got involved & got her to stop, quite neat.