PDA

View Full Version : We WILL meet again

fairlady68
02-23-2002, 11:01 PM
After being adopted by my beloved calico girl, Julie, I have become ever so aware of the presence of God's Holy Spirit in her little kitty heart. I am convinced that God's love reaches us through our animal friends just as much as (and sometimes more than!) from our fellow human beings.

That is why I wanted to start a brand-new thread to pick up on a theme that came up in the very touching series of posts about the death of Murph (see below). One person told us that there is a book called "Will I See Fido In Heaven?" that provides Scriptural references as proof of the immortality of our animal companions.

I clicked on the link for that book in that person's post and read with interest comments of praise for this book from a large number of Christians, including members of the clergy (even some famous ones like Robert Schuller). If you probe around on that website (creatures.com) further, you can get taken to the Amazon link for the "Fido" book, which discloses there are several other books out there with similar themes. I had no idea! I intend to go out and locate some of them.

My only addition to all of this is my observation that in the book of Genesis, when God notices that Adam is alone, God's first offer of companionship is the creation of the animals. Only then does God turn around and create another human, Eve, to keep Adam company. Interesting, huh??

TheAntiPam
02-24-2002, 12:32 AM
When I was looking for my first kitty, I prayed to make a good choice. This seemed like the right thing to me, but I sure got strange reactions from other people. Even my mom, who helped shape my spiritual beliefs, was a bit surprised at the idea. :eek:

Now that prayed-for kitty, Murf, has gone from my home, but never from my life. My cats have given me living proof of the idea that humans are the caretakers of all nature.

Sometimes the wording of scriptures is taken to mean humans can use or dominate nature with no consideration. This dominant attitude leads to many terrible actions, including ruin of natural resources and abuse of animals.

Regardless of religious or spiritual background, I believe that people like PetTalk members are just the right folks to help others understand and honor life in all its forms.

MichelleN
02-24-2002, 12:38 PM
I'm so glad to hear other Christians that feel the same way I do. My two dogs are rescues and they have given us so much love and devotion. They have really been there for us when we have needed a bit of extra love. We recently found out that not one but both have dysplasia. I'm sure that God meant for us to give them a home because he knew that we had the means and the heart to give them the care and medical attention they need.

I pray that he uses us to always minister not only to people in need but also to animals that need our stewardship.

momoffuzzyfaces
02-24-2002, 01:31 PM
I could never understand someone who could look into the loving eyes of a pet and not see a soul looking back. I've always felt that if any creatures deserve a heaven it is little children and the pets who love and trust us. Heaven won't be heaven for me if they aren't there and my God wants me to be happy. That's MY belief and I'm sticking to it. :)

Having said all that, I found in the Book of Revelation 5:13, King James Version:
"and every creature which is in heaven, and on earth, and such, as are in the sea,".... Well, I'll let those of you who are interested, look it up and read it for yourselves. The point is animals are there. :)

I ordered the book, Will I see Fido in Heaven? from Amazon books earlier today. They do have quite a few books on animals and heaven. I was so surprised. (and glad) :D

fairlady68
02-25-2002, 12:15 AM
If a dear friend gave you a beautiful and useful gift and told you it was completely yours to use for your enjoyment and benefit, you would certainly take advantage of what this gift had to offer but you would also cherish it and treat it with respect and care out of love for the giver.

That is how I feel about God's gift to us of the Earth itself and the living creatures, plants and animals, that are on the Earth.

So I agree with the comments of AntiPam above. May the Lord comfort you in your loss and also to any others who have lost a furry loved one.

Right now my own little giftie (Julie cat) is asking, no, demanding, me to give HER a little love! So I gotta go ...

Peace to all,

zippy-kat
02-25-2002, 07:36 AM
I'm afraid I haven't read all these posts yet...but I'm already teary eyed!

I have a couple of stories to share--and will share them soon.