PDA

View Full Version : Jumper cat's teeth

wayne0214
02-23-2002, 08:07 PM
The other day, when i was cuddling jumper (which is an everyday manditory occurance:)) I noticed that his fourCanine (feline) teeth are very long, almost a 1/2 inch long! And what is even more bizarre is that the bottom one's are longer than the top. Jumper has such a small mouth anyway, that the ends stick out just below and above the lip line, (Like a sabre-tooth cat). How does this size up to other Abyssinian mouth/teeth structure? Even my larger cats do not have such long teeth.:confused:

sasvermont
02-24-2002, 07:27 AM
Hi Wayne,

I just checked my two Abys' mouths and they have the standard arrangement. Sounds as though your kitty has to go to the Orthodontist for braces. Just kidding about the Ortho. Sure does beat me as to why the bottom teeth are longer. How old is the cat? Sometimes, if their gums are bad, their teeth will look longer because the gums receed. But it seems to me your cat isn't that old. My guess is that it is a freak of nature, something (a trait) the cat inherited. I wouldn't worry about it unless the cat's lip starts to get irritated from the teeth hanging out on it. Does that make sense? Good luck Wayne.

SAS

;)

wayne0214
02-24-2002, 08:20 PM
sasvermont, thanks for responding to my curios post. I sincerely hope that you all do not get tired of me posting about Jumper.

His 4 larger teeth are even more pronounced because the others are so small comepared with his "felines". Jumper was born about April 24th , last year, so that would make him about 10 months old. Even though he is Abyssinian in nature and appearance, he is not a pure-bred, but has some American Shorthair- black in him. Today, I got him to stretch out for a mock-photo, and he looks exactly like the pictures of Abyssinians in the cat shows, with a long neck and body with larger than usual ears! I will have to get my old camera refilled with film and send in pictures of my furkids for those of you i who are interested at Pet Talk.

...........wayne:)

puppylove11
03-06-2002, 07:09 PM
Hi, I have a cat named crystal, and she is a stray, her story is very sad, though, when she was a kitten the mother cat had just had a litter of kittens at a theme park, what is really sad though, is the kittens were all being abused, they would have cotton candy being stuck in their fur, icees poured on them, and just the most horrible things, so we took her, and now she has a home, and a loving family, Im glad we got her, she's so beautiful she's orange, grey white and darker grey, her nose is split in two colors, pink and orange , the rest of the colors are spread out, grey being the base color on her back, and white on her tummy, she is truly beautiful!!!!:D

wayne0214
03-08-2002, 07:27 PM
Christina, good for you in rescuing your furkid. I don't understand people who mistreat a homeless and hungry kitten.

One of the best cats I have was indescriminately given away to me by some girls who where trying to get rid of a litter. His name is Snow Tiger, the last one of the group. He is a lilac-point Siamese, very affectionate and intelligent.

I hope your furkid is becoming domesticated and affectionate toward you. I have generally found that cats will express a kind of "feline gratitude" for anyone who honestly attempts to help them. Hope this is the case with your Crystal. Her colors remind me of a tortie.

And Christina, welcome to Pet Talk.

puppylove11
03-17-2002, 10:30 AM
thanks, Im so glad we got her.