PDA

View Full Version : Need kitten help for Sister

Laura's Babies
07-24-2005, 12:57 PM
My sister has taken in a kitten to get it out of the Florida heat, that a neighbor had took in that belonged to a feral Mama in the complex where they live. It is LOADED with fleas, what can she bath little Charlie in that will not harm him and get rid of the fleas? Anybody have any suggestions? I am to call her back when I get a answer...

Craftlady
07-24-2005, 01:04 PM
Check on PetSmart's site under flea control/bath for cats. They have some really good products. www.petsmart.com

catmandu
07-24-2005, 02:53 PM
IF YOU PUT HER,IN LUKEWARM WATER,A LOT,OF THE FLEAS,WILLDROWN RIGHT AWAY,AND YOU CAN USE THE REVOLUTION DROPS,TO GET THE REST.IF YOU BUY,THE KITTEN FORMULA,THAT IS.
GOOD LUCK,WITH THAT LITTLE BABY.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/CaseyDigby.jpg

catcrazylady
07-24-2005, 04:59 PM
I used Dawn dishwashing liquid on Rosco and Abigail. It really helped but nothing will get them all like Advantage. Lot's of people use a drop or two on kittens.
Tell her thank you for taking on the babies!!! She must be like you.;) :D

orangemm
07-24-2005, 05:04 PM
Our vet told us to use Lemon Joy to get rid of fleas on little ones. We used it on Archy & Binky and it worked! If they're really bad, you might have to repeat the process.

QueenScoopalot
07-24-2005, 05:27 PM
I've sworn by Advantage for years now...even tiny ones can get a drop or two without any harm. Many shelters use it for flea infested babies. It sure beats them dying from anemia. What happened to the rest of the kittens I wonder? :confused: :(

NoahsMommy
07-24-2005, 09:22 PM
I think this is some good advise. I don't have anything else to offer.

Just make sure your sis gets the baby to the vet if the kitten shows any sides of anemia.

Hugs,
Kelly :)

Laura's Babies
07-24-2005, 09:39 PM
THANKS!! She is without transportation and out of the Advantage because that was the first thing I told her, a few drops.. I told her I thought I had heard you could use Dawn or Pine Sol but couldn't remember for sure so let me ask you guys before I told her wrong.

There were 4 kitten and a neighbor had them in his shed and he found homes for all of them but Charlie. Little Charlie is the last one left. She can not keep him as she already has 3 and little Kiki, a poodle IN an apartment. She is just keeping him inside where it is cool until a home can be found. A gray tabby little affectionate male that loves a lap! :D

rg_girlca
07-24-2005, 10:20 PM
No, No, No, Laura, never ever use Pine Sol. My goodness that is way to strong for a kitty.

I used Dawn on Poppy and Willy when I got them and it worked fine. But then I was able to get them to a vet within a day or two and they were treated with Revolution.

Bless your sister for taking in and caring for this widdle one.