PDA

View Full Version : fritz not so chipper

fritz03
07-24-2005, 09:12 AM
fritz not feeling the best again.He brought up yesterday ,didn't eat at all and still hasn't today,but at least he drinks water.It seems every time he goes outside,he wants to eat grass and has done it.So just wondering,if anybody has had a problems with their dog eating grass and what you can do to prevent it.We also found that he snores just like we do which I din't know Bichons did.

KYS
07-24-2005, 10:00 AM
I hope Fritz is feeling better soon.
My dogs usually will not eat accept for grass
when they have tummy
upset. The grass helps them throw up.
(Rocky will usually have a loose slimy stool when his
tummy is bothering him.)

They also fast once in awhile which is normal for them.
When they do fast, they still act their normal self and their
stool looks good. They just do not eat and only drink.

I am glad Fritz is drinking. If Fritz is acting not his normal
happy self, such as lethargic etc. stool
loose, and he has been like this for 48 hours,
I would take him to the vet tomorrow just to be on the safe side.

Daisy and Delilah
07-24-2005, 10:23 AM
Oh no Fritzie!! Sorry to hear you're sick again little guy! Daisy was a little sick on Friday but is ok now. We think she "accidentally" got a little table food again. We know she just can't handle it so she has been cut off again and hopefully from now on. Eating grass usually takes care of an upset stomach I think but I have had dogs in the past that wanted to eat grass, get sick, eat grass, get sick just over and over so I'm not sure when this should stop. Some of the experts on the board will know alot about it though. Good luck and feel better Fritzie!! :)

Terry, Daisy and Delilah:cool:

Rachel
07-24-2005, 10:32 AM
Eating grass is a fairly regular thing around here and as has been said, it seems to be a mechanism to help them throw up. When mine throw up it is usually a lot of bile (and the grass), so I'm thinking that the stomach bile is what is bothering them.

I'm more concerned that he hasn't eaten his regular food. Sometimes grass can irritate the throat too. If things don't change, you might want to make a trip to the vet.

IRescue452
07-24-2005, 11:42 AM
Autumn grazes on grass and eats more grass in a day than dog food. She never once threw it up except when it gets stuck in her throat. She likes it so I never tried to stop her. Anyway I'm sorry to hear that Fritz is feeling under the weather. Maybe it is the weather. If he is drinking water that is good but I'd be inclined to take him in if he doesn't seem to get better soon. I hope he's back to normal soon.

luvofallhorses
07-24-2005, 06:21 PM
Feel better soon, Fritz!

beeniesmom
07-24-2005, 10:02 PM
Poor little guy.
You are having a very difficult month aren't you?
We all hope you feel better soon.

Oggyflute
07-25-2005, 02:02 AM
Hope Fritz is on the mend soon.

vinjashira
07-25-2005, 03:26 AM
I hope you get better soon Fritz.

Snowy eats grass too.. not because she's ill. She just loves the taste I guess. After all, dogs are omnivores, aren't they?

Pawsitive Thinking
07-25-2005, 06:40 AM
Poor baby Fritz - get well soon sweetie

GraciesMommy
07-25-2005, 06:42 AM
Yes, grass does help an upset tummy...and most will regurgitate the grass bringing up the bile which is causing the upset..instinctive action...feel better, Fritz

anna_66
07-25-2005, 07:21 AM
Eating grass is pretty popular.
A certain kind they eat if their tummy is upset and the other kind they just kinda graze on.

I just hope your boy is feeling better very soon:)