PDA

View Full Version : Make file size smaller

Sirrahsim
07-24-2005, 07:36 AM
How can I compress a file such as a siggy? I have a siggy and it is the proper dimensions in pixels but it is WAY over the siggy file size limit.... What do I do?

Randi
07-24-2005, 08:09 AM
Do you have Photoshop on your machine? If so, try to set the size of the width to 4 or 5 inches and the resolution to 72. Then Save for Web 4 up and choose which size there.

You can also use a programme called Image Ready.

Good luck! :)

Karen
07-24-2005, 08:22 AM
Make sure you've flattened the file if it has layers, then you can, after you make sure it is 72 dpi, save it with differing amounts of compression. Compression does affect the quality as well as file size, but you can compress a decent percentage without it being noticeable, depending on the image.

Last ditch? Email me the file, I'll compress it and email it back!

Kfamr
07-24-2005, 11:27 AM
If you have Adobe Photoshop there is a way to save the file for the internet. It shows you the file size while you're saving it and allows you to change it.

If you don't have it, i'd be happy to change it for you. :)

Sirrahsim
07-24-2005, 07:06 PM
okey dokey thanks :) I'll take a look at it in a little bit, don't have time just now

Freckles
07-24-2005, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
If you have Adobe Photoshop there is a way to save the file for the internet. It shows you the file size while you're saving it and allows you to change it.

Thanks, Kay this helped a lot. I have a new PC with WindowsXP and the program I used before won't work now. I do have Adobe Elements but couldn't see how to do it. Your post solved that problem and I see it's really easy!:)