PDA

View Full Version : Baby Names

Ally Cat's Mommy
07-24-2005, 01:11 AM
I KNOW I have 7 months to go, but Warren and I are already "debating" baby names.

This is my list so far:

BOYS:

Xander
Terrence
Liam
Duane
Douglas
Braeden
Aiden
Jayden
Declan
Keegan
Ewan (MY favourite)
(Middle name will hopefully be James, which is my Dad's name)

GIRLS:
Callista
Shannon
Chloe
Fionulla
Brianna
Veanne
Kendra
Phoebe
Jade
Maxine
(Random middle name as Amber already has my mum's name as her middle name - Elizabeth), and I don't really like either of MIL's names:o)

I want something unusual without being too weird. Have you got any suggestions?

luvofallhorses
07-24-2005, 01:17 AM
I like Jayden, Brianna, and Chloe :)

Almita
07-24-2005, 01:19 AM
Well, I was thinking for a girls name like Esperanza=hope and like Estrelita= star. For boy names Xavier.

gemini9961
07-24-2005, 01:22 AM
I like Aiden for the boy name. That's the name I want BUT the fiancee says no because it's too feminine. :o What does he know, LOL. Brianna for the girl.

catnapper
07-24-2005, 01:23 AM
I love the girl's name Celleste and today I met a Cort. I thought that was a cool name for a boy - very strong and masculine.

jenluckenbach
07-24-2005, 05:43 AM
BOYS:

Xander
Terrence
Liam - my favorite
Duane
Douglas
Braeden
Aiden
Jayden
Declan
Keegan
Ewan (MY favourite)

GIRLS:
Callista
Shannon
Chloe
Fionulla
Brianna - 2nd favorite
Veanne
Kendra - my favorite
Phoebe
Jade
Maxine

Sirrahsim
07-24-2005, 05:54 AM
Woah!! How did I miss that you were expceting?:eek: :eek: Congratulations!!!
I like Xander and Kendra

Cataholic
07-24-2005, 09:13 AM
One of the things I struggled with, once I got over the fact I was having a little baby BOY , was the nickname phenomena. I was kind of odd about how a name COULD be shortened, and would my son be teased....for instance, I toyed with the name of Parker Peyton (last name)....but, thought, would kids tease him and call him PP (read, PEE PEE)?? So, I searched for a "J" name, like all my siblings and most neices/nephews in my family....and the middle name is mom's maiden name.

How about me telling you what you DIDN"T ask for :D

I really like all of those names. A *few* might be too left of center for me (as an american) and I would worry about someone teasing him for such an unusual name...but, that might not be the case in SA. I like having a 'different' name, but, I will tell you it gets old sometimes correcting most people with the pronuciation, spelling, etc. Just some thoughts!!

King Spartacus
07-24-2005, 10:23 AM
Of the ones you got, my faves are:
BOYS:
Ewan

GIRLS:
Chloe

I shall give you the names I would have picked... as I doubt if I'll ever have any human children myself:
Boy: Aleksandr (notice no "e" before the r)
Girl: Talia or Alya (I really used to LOVE the name Talia, until I found out my partners nephews daughter is called that... and if I ever had any children, I would like them to have a bit of an unusual name, but not a really weird name). Also, Malin is a wonderful name for a girl (I'd never name a daughter that myself, but that's because my niece is named that!)

Sylvie, KS' mom

new mom to a veiled
07-24-2005, 11:57 AM
I must say I had to giggle when I saw the list of names, and heres why. My name is Shannon and my 7 yr old is Brayden (I also have a almost 8 mnth old, boy named Cameron) and my black and white paint is Jade. I love Ewan and Kendra. Best of luck, I know it's not an easy task!!!!!;)

Ally Cat's Mommy
07-24-2005, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by new mom to a veiled
I must say I had to giggle when I saw the list of names, and heres why. My name is Shannon and my 7 yr old is Brayden (I also have a almost 8 mnth old, boy named Cameron) and my black and white paint is Jade. I love Ewan and Kendra. Best of luck, I know it's not an easy task!!!!!;)

LOL - MY son (almost 17 years old) is ALSO Cameron - seems like we have similar taste in names!!

GoldenRetrLuver
07-24-2005, 12:29 PM
Congratulations Julie! I must have missed a thread.. I had no idea you were pregnant! :o

On your lists, I love the names Braeden and Brianna.

I've also always loved the name Mason for a boy. :)

grybai
07-24-2005, 12:38 PM
I like Aiden and Ewan for boys, and Chloe especially for the girls.

Xander reminds me too much of Buffy... I'm big buffy fan. :eek:

Lexi_Lover
07-24-2005, 01:29 PM
I love the name Liam for a boy. I've always loved that name!

I also like Brianna for a girl!

Paula isn't a too common name for a girl! :rolleyes: ;)

popcornbird
07-24-2005, 01:45 PM
Out of your list, I like Aiden for a boy and Brianna for a girl. Thinking of names for a new baby must be so exciting! :D

kittycats_delight
07-24-2005, 02:25 PM
BOYS:

Xander - my favorite
Terrence
Liam
Duane
Douglas
Braeden
Aiden
Jayden
Declan
Keegan
Ewan (MY favourite)
(Middle name will hopefully be James, which is my Dad's name)

GIRLS:
Callista
Shannon
Chloe
Fionulla
Brianna - My favorite
Veanne
Kendra
Phoebe
Jade
Maxine
(Random middle name as Amber already has my mum's name as her middle name - Elizabeth), and I don't really like either of MIL's names)

I absolutely love the name Xander. It has always been one of my favorites. I wouldn't give other suggestions for the boy names cause I would choose this.

I love Brianna too. My spelling of it was slightly different. I have always spelled it Briana. A few sugestions for girls names

Raven
Ariana
Trista
Aayisha
Kjærstin pronounced (Shushtin) it's norweigan.

new mom to a veiled
07-24-2005, 03:24 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
LOL - MY son (almost 17 years old) is ALSO Cameron - seems like we have similar taste in names!!

You know, they say great minds think alike...........LOL even 17 years apart!!!!

Suki Wingy
07-24-2005, 03:37 PM
Out of your list Liam and Callista are my favorites, but I love the names Piper or Devon for a girl, I hate feminine names

Kater
07-27-2005, 06:07 AM
Well I tried to follow your "unusual without being too weird" guideline and I hope I succeeded. :p I found most of these by looking through my old high school yearbooks, but some are the names of family and friends.
Good luck with naming your little one! I love the names are you considering already! :D

GIRLS:
Amika
Amara
Viviana
Dimitra
Aubriana
Aviana
Eviana
Iriana
Elyssa
Kessa
Tiana
Alanna
Kierke
Camile
Tessa
Chynna
Diera
Chantelle
Sanoe
Rayna
Lina
Larissa
Charissa
Romina
Tia
Sabine
Deanna
Keeley
Fawn
Deira
Stasia
Emalia
Joline
Kira
Elyse
Britten
Ramona
Allandra
Christelle
Rayna
Charlene
Dina
Remy
Ailia
Kaeleen
Maya
Cecily
Cherisse
Meredith
Lia
Seisha
Nyssa
Romy
Felisa
Tiare

BOYS:
Kynan
Kelan
Devan
Myca
Miles
Kendall
Trask
Ryder
Spencer
Cole
Callum
Royce
Garreth
Dathan
Vance
Bryce
Lance
Berkeley
Anton
Tanner
Doran
Beau
Gradon
Kirk
Cutter
Quinn
Oren
Gareth
Gerick
Bronson
Jared
Levi
Troy
Gavin
Dash
Jedd
Chalmers

Samantha Puppy
07-27-2005, 06:50 AM
I love the name Mara (I pronounce it Mare-uh, but some people pronounce is Mahr-uh). I've never seen/heard it used. It used to be my #1 name a few years ago until my husband vetoed it.

Out of your names I like:
Xander - prefer Alexander though, so he'd have something to lengthen it to
Liam - short for William, same reason as above
Braeden - spelled Braden, Brady for short (loved this one too but my husband hated it :()
Aiden

I think Alexander James or William James sounds awesome. I know you like "weird but not too weird" names but you have some great nicknames for these names that fit that category. I just always think ahead to how the person will feel when they're giving out their business cards or something. I like seeing/hearing polished names, like Alexander or William or something that sounds more nicknamey. JMO.

Callista
Maxine

Chloe's cute but I know four dogs named Chloe so for me, it's a dog name.

finn's mom
07-27-2005, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
BOYS:

Liam
Douglas
Aiden
Ewan (MY favourite)

GIRLS:
Brianna

Have you got any suggestions?

Those are the ones I like the most from your list! Let's see....for names I like that aren't on your list.....I do tend to like older names that are weird nowadays because they're not used very often. :) But, who knows? My tastes have changed in the last few years.....

*Simon
*Phillip
*Brandon
*Benjamin
*Jacob
*Abe (met an Abe, loved the name!)
*Sid (not necessarily as the full name, but, it's a great nickname..not sure what name you'd use as the full name besides Sidney, and, that sounds funny for a boy)
*Daniel
*Kelly

*Lily
*Charlotte
*Natalie
*Sasha
*Kathryn (just because there are so many cool nicknames)
*Wren (actually met a girl with this name a week or so ago!)

Good luck with your pregnancy and I am sure you will pick the name that will suit your child the best. Can't wait to hear what it is!

Lobodeb
07-27-2005, 10:52 AM
Hello and congrats to a fellow growing belly! ;)

On your list, I like Aiden for the boy and Brianna for a girl.

I too like the name Brianna, but my hubby found out that my first boyfriend's name was Brian so he put the nix on that name really quick.

I, on the other hand have a bit of a dilema in coming up with the name for our baby because my husbands family primarly speaks Spanish. They butcher "English/American" names and I also don't want a Spanish/Latin name that will be butchered in English.

We've got some friend who named their daughters after Aztec princesses. Their names are Itzel, Xitlali and Aitza. Now, just reading those names, are you thinking, what the #$%#$? I was too when I first heard them. They are beautiful names when pronounced correctly. But who can pronounce them? I know I had a hard time. On the flip side, American names like Jennifer, for example, get butcherd into Yen-i-ferrrr. I hate that. I also like the name Daniel for a boy, but in Spanish, they pronounce it Danielle. No, Danielle is a girl's name.

Am I ranting? So sorry.

Samantha Puppy
07-27-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Lobodeb
I, on the other hand have a bit of a dilema in coming up with the name for our baby because my husbands family primarly speaks Spanish. They butcher "English/American" names and I also don't want a Spanish/Latin name that will be butchered in English.
Not to take the focus off Julie, but have you thought of something like Isabelle/a or Bianca? I especially think Isabelle or Isabella sounds beautiful both in America and also with just about any other accent out there you could have.

katienoonan
07-27-2005, 11:38 AM
I like Keegan and Chloe

Lobodeb
07-27-2005, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
Not to take the focus off Julie, but have you thought of something like Isabelle/a or Bianca? I especially think Isabelle or Isabella sounds beautiful both in America and also with just about any other accent out there you could have.

I agree, but one of our closest friend's baby's name is Isabella and I work with a girl named Bianca.

BitsyNaceyDog
07-27-2005, 01:12 PM
From your list I like-
BOYS:
Braeden
Jayden

GIRLS:
Callista
Jade (or Jada?)

My personal favorite names are-
Boys:
Nathan
Sam
Benjamin (though it doesn't go well with my last name)

Girls:
Lily
Nicole

finn's mom
07-27-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by KBlaix
My personal favorite names are-
Boys:
Nathan
Sam
Benjamin (though it doesn't go well with my last name)

Girls:
Lily
Nicole

Hey, we have similar tastes, we chose two names the same.....I love Nathan, too! I went to school with a guy named Dathan. Same as Nathan, only with a D. Weird, but, cool. Sam I like a lot, but, I actually prefer it for a girl! ;) I think Benjamin sounds good with your last name!

BitsyNaceyDog
07-27-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by finn's mom
Hey, we have similar tastes, we chose two names the same.....I love Nathan, too! I went to school with a guy named Dathan. Same as Nathan, only with a D. Weird, but, cool. Sam I like a lot, but, I actually prefer it for a girl! ;) I think Benjamin sounds good with your last name!

Haha- We do have simular tastes in names.
Benjamin Blake sounds alright, but Ben Blake doesn't.