PDA

View Full Version : Pete's Home!!!!!!

catcrazylady
07-23-2005, 09:49 PM
First, thank you all so much for all the prayers, good thoughts, and encouragement. I know how powerful these prayers are and I have no doubt that that is what brought my boy home. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!

I had already done everything I could think of and hubby and I sat on the front porch for hours this evening. I told hubby that I was going to go sit in the backyard for awile and talk to myself. I went and sat in the middle of the yard (thanks for that piece of advice Johanna!) and I talked. Then I cried and prayed out loud over and over. I called to Pete and said where ever you my little Pete Monster I hope you can feel all the love I have for you. Please let it bring you home. After sitting there for over an hour sweating, crying, praying, and being eaten alive by every bug in the world, I gave up. I stood up to go back to the front of the house and I saw something in my daylillies right behind where I had been sitting. I thought it was one of the ferals and I stopped to talk to it. It was so dark but then I heard that precious Pete meow!
Things got bad for a while because he wouldn't let me touch him. He would talk to me but would stay about a foot away from me. I went running around the front of the house and told hubby to gather all the other cats into a room (that was chore!) and prop the front door open. Pete went onto the porch and stepped in the house but saw hubby trying to catch Rosco and he ran back out! It took another thirty minutes of me in a tree and all kinds of other tricks to finally get him back to the porch where he went inside. I slowly came in behind him and shut the door! PETE IS HOME!!!!!!!
He won't let me touch him yet but thats ok. He seems to have a slight limp but thats ok too. Other than that he looks pretty good. He needs time to calm down and eat and I have no doubt that by tomorrow morning I will be mooching all over my precious boy!!!

Thank you isn't enough but thats all I can say. I can finally sleep tonight. God Bless all of you for being so wonderful and helping me through this. A big Thank You to God for bringing my boy safely home.:) :) :) :)

I'm off to take a much needed shower!:p ;)

bluekat
07-23-2005, 09:52 PM
YAY!! :D That's awesome news! I'm so glad to hear he's back in the house :D I'm sure he'll let you touch him again after he's gotten over the scare :p hehe

lol & I replied to your other thread just now, came back on the board and saw this thread :p

rg_girlca
07-23-2005, 09:53 PM
YYYYYAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!! YYYYAAAAHHHHOOOOO!!!!!!!
YYYYIIIIPPPPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Oh Lisa, the tears are flowing big time here. Words cannot express how happy I am for you.

I have to go and blow my nose and calm myself down a bit and I'll post more.

catmandu
07-23-2005, 09:55 PM
ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL RESCUE,BYTHE PET TALKER ANGEL,SEARCH,AND RETURN SQUAD,AND THEY HAVE BEEN REWARDED,FOR THIER RETURN,OF YET ANOTHER LOST CAT.
AND CATS,ARE SO WILLFUL,LIKE PETE JJJ3,WILL NOT COME HOME,UNTIL HE IS GOOD,AND READY.
OF COURSE,HE WONT STRAY,AS SCRAPPY 2,WILL EAT,ALL HIS TEMPTATIONS.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture579.jpg

catnapper
07-23-2005, 10:02 PM
Woohooo!!!!! what a huge relief! I knew you were going to find him! Thank God he is home and safe.

G535
07-23-2005, 10:08 PM
What a relief! There are people here who think I'm crazy, worrying about a cat on the other side of the world. I'm so glad he's home safe again.

Don Juan's mom
07-23-2005, 10:12 PM
Glad that Sts. Francis and Anthony came through and your bad boy is home now.

PETE, THIS IS AUNT LIZ TALKING. APOLOGIZE TO YOUR MOM AND PROMISE YOU WON'T DO THAT AGAIN!

Shady
07-23-2005, 10:15 PM
WHEW! I've been checking for good news all day long, and finally!

I'm thrilled that Pete is home and the saga ends.

Accidents happen I'm so glad it all turned out so well!

:)

rg_girlca
07-23-2005, 10:26 PM
PPPPPPHHHHHEEEEWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a relief. I've been gone most of the day and all I could think about is if Pete came home or not. When I first got on the computer, he still wasn't home and I was so upset.

Lisa, reading your post again, brought on the LES, but they are happy tears for you. I can just picture you sitting in the middle of your yard, crying and praying for the return of your precious Pete and it just broke my heart.

Thank GOD, you spotted him when you did. What an adventure though trying to get him back in the house, but the main thing is that you did. I hope you feel more refreshed now after your shower and that your headache has eased off.

Oh happy days are here again. Let the banners fly and the bells ring out. GORGEOUS PETE IS BACK HOME!!!!!!!!!!!

((((((HUGS))))))

Craftlady
07-23-2005, 10:30 PM
YEAH!!!!!! what a relief :)

DogLover9501
07-23-2005, 10:33 PM
:D :D :D Yay Pete!!!!!!!

Lisa, tears starting welling up as soon as I seen the title of this thread! I knew Pete would be home soon, and I'm so glad he's back where he belongs!

I'm sure now he knows that it's much better inside!

I was about to go to bed, but I just had to check again and I am so glad I did! The worrying is over, and "Peaches & Cream" is home!!!!!! :D

Lisa, when he lets you love on him again(which will be soon!), please give him some loving from me!

Don't ever do that again, Pete monster!

momcat
07-23-2005, 10:33 PM
YYYIIIPPPEEE!!! Pete has come home, this news could not be better. I'm sure your precious furbaby will get a good night's sleep after taking care of his empty tummy. In no time at all, he'll be back asking you for head scritchies, tummy rubs, and lots of love. You must be exhausted both physically and emotionally. Another happy PT ending!!!!!

catcrazylady
07-23-2005, 10:39 PM
Ok, I'm now fresh and clean and feel such a load off! I can sleep tonight and know that Pete is safe. Believe it or not but that little stinker went back upstairs to the scene of the crime! Of course that has all been fixed now so no more escaping! He has been in the litter box a dozen times so he must have been holding it outside. He is resting and I'm sure he will eat in a little bit.

I know this is one happy household and hubby and I both are so relieved! I now have my whole family back together and I could not be happier.

Thank you all again for EVERYTHING! Isn't it amazing how we do worry about each other and our babies? Again Thanks for all the praying, worrying, hand holding, and suggestions. I used them all and it worked.

If I disappear for awhile it will be because I have been hauled off to the looney bin. I can't believe the neighbors didn't call on that crazy woman sitting in the middle of her backyard crying, begging and praying out loud!;) Oh well, it will be worth it because Pete is HOME!!!!!

kuhio98
07-23-2005, 10:52 PM
YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEE! I think all of us are going to sleep better tonight. :D :D :D

shais_mom
07-23-2005, 11:43 PM
yeeaaa so glad he is home

barncat
07-24-2005, 12:23 AM
I'm so happy for you and Pete! He'll calm down in a day or two. Poor both of you! This has been a trauma but I'm so glad it turned out happily. I came to check the 'puter before waking the dogs for the last time tonight and saw the good news.

HAPPY! HAPPY! HAPPY! Blessings and thanks to Bast!

krazyaboutkatz
07-24-2005, 12:37 AM
Lisa, I'm so glad to hear that Pete finally came home.:D Now you can relax and enjoy the rest of your weekend.:)

popcornbird
07-24-2005, 02:42 AM
I had NO idea that Pete was lost until now, but THANK GOD he's back!!!!!!!!!! What a relief!

furrykidsmother
07-24-2005, 04:15 AM
Soooo happy to hear the good news. I was afraid to look anymore last night, but here it is 5:14 a.m. and I couldn't wait anymore. Glad I got up and looked. I can just imagine how you feel, I feel so much better.

Get a much needed rest!

Barbara
07-24-2005, 04:49 AM
*deep sigh of relief*

Pete, you little monster.

Isn't it strange how these kitties when they escape, are so scared to come back. He must have felt bad if he hasn't been to the litterbox outside and maybe had a little accident because he limped and I am sure he was hungry- but nevertheless he made a big fuss before he came in.

Oh Pete!!!!!!

1000 welcome kissies to you:)

jenluckenbach
07-24-2005, 05:18 AM
Leaky Eye Syndrone

that best news I could have hoped to wake up to.

chocolatepuppy
07-24-2005, 05:49 AM
Yay! Thank goodness Pete is home! :D

sirrahbed
07-24-2005, 05:56 AM
my first post of the day and I have such LES but could not be happier!! I was afraid to look but so glad I did.
Pete is HOME!!!! YAY!!!! lisa - (((((HUGS))))

catlady1945
07-24-2005, 06:45 AM
That's good news. Poor Pete must be exhausted along with his mommy.

K & L
07-24-2005, 06:49 AM
WONDERFUL news Lisa!!!

auggie
07-24-2005, 06:56 AM
YAY!!!!
This is the best news to wake up to.
I’m so glad he finally came back home.
Pete, Pete, I’ll bet you’re grounded for the rest of your life.
:)

Pam
07-24-2005, 07:08 AM
I checked the other thread last night before turning off the computer and was so sad that he hadn't been found that I couldn't even post. To wake up to this thread is just wonderful!! Pete, you may have nine lives but you almost scared your mommy to death and she only has one life to live (sounds like a soap opera! :p ) I just bet the other kitties will be sniffing Pete to see where he has been. Don't you wish that naughty boy could tell you. Lisa this is wonderful. I truly feel a sense of relief myself and I never even met the little rascal!

rosethecopycat
07-24-2005, 08:37 AM
PHEW!:D

I am full of advice, but I don't know if I could have handled it as well as you did.

Good meowmy!

QueenScoopalot
07-24-2005, 08:43 AM
~DOING~THE~HAPPY~SHRIMPY~DANCE~!!!! :D :D :D I knew he wasn't far from the house and that he'd be back in and safe before nightfall. :) NAWTY Pete! :eek: Now about that new siggy....:D

Grace
07-24-2005, 09:28 AM
Thank God - this is the best news I've heard in a very long time!!

RedHedd
07-24-2005, 10:03 AM
Whew! This is the first thread I turned to this morning! YAY! Pete's home! Give him some smooches from me, once he'll let you touch him. Nawtee Pete!

catcrazylady
07-24-2005, 12:09 PM
uppydate:

Sorry it took me so long to report back in but we had so much planned for this weekend but didn't do any of it because of the Pete search. We have been running all morning.

Now for Pete!:) He seems to still be in a shock kind of state but that's to be expected. This morning he greeted me and wanted breakfast. I gave him lovins and more lovins! It felt sooooo goooood!!!:D
He is walking very slowly and stiffly. It also appears as if he's been in a fight. His nose is scratched and he has three puncture wounds right above that. They don't look too serious and they are not bleeding or anything. I will be carefully watching him for any abscess. He sleeps under my chair and follows me to the bathroom when I go. He seems to need tons of reassurance that this isn't a dream and he really is home. I am gladly giving him all he needs! I have kissed his sweet head so many times today! Chin scritchies, neck rubs and gentle little hugs. He just purrs and stares at me like he can't believe the nightmare he just experienced is really over.

He is going to need several days of rest for his stiffness to wear off. He doesn't seem to have any one specific injury, more like he's just sore all over! I'm sure that is from the muscle tension of a fight and being tense and scared the whole time.

He still feels the need for a dark hiding spot to sleep in like in the fabric under my chair. Pete used to be a sprawled out everywhere kind of guy and I'm sure he will be again in a few days.

I'm sure he will soon return to his old self but I will take him any way I can get him!!!:D
I love my boy and I'm so glad to have him home!!

Thank you all for not only sharing in my fears and freakouts but in the joy of his return as well. As soon as he feels a bit better I will post some pics of our wayward boy.

:) :) !!!THANK YOU ALL AGAIN AND AGAIN!!!:) :)

rg_girlca
07-24-2005, 12:15 PM
Lisa, I have been waiting anxiously for an update on Pete.
Poor baby. God only knows what he had to go through while being outside.
I bet you must have slept with a big smile on your face last night. :)
I hope he feels better in a few days.

I'm glad that we were all here for you in your time of need.

Give that gorgeous boy of yours, kisses, hugs and chin scritchies for me please. :D

((((((HUGS))))))

furrykidsmother
07-24-2005, 12:17 PM
Poor Peter! He must have had quite the experience. Only good thing, is maybe he won't be to quick to try and sneak out again. So glad he is back home with you!

Ally Cat's Mommy
07-24-2005, 02:03 PM
OMG I only saw this now!!!

So glad Pete is home safely where he belongs!!

moosmom
07-24-2005, 02:13 PM
WOOHOO!!!!!

WELCOME HOME PETE!!!!

Lisa,

Sweet dreams, girl!! Here's to a well deserved good night's sleep!

luvofallhorses
07-24-2005, 04:00 PM
YAY I AM GLAD HE'S HOME!!!!!!! :D

Soapets
07-24-2005, 05:47 PM
PPPPPPPHHHHHHHEEEEEEEWWWWWWWW! **Brow wipes**

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy that he is back home with you where he belongs! I logged on just to see if there was any more news. I am so relieved!

NoahsMommy
07-24-2005, 09:20 PM
Lisa,

I'm sooooo sorry I missed this, but I'm SO happy he's home!!

YAY!!!! :D :D :D

Lots of love,
Kelly :)

Laura's Babies
07-24-2005, 09:54 PM
Lisa, I could have sworn I responded to this thread.. Just a BIG SIGH of relief!! I told you he would be close to home! Maybe this was a bad enough experience for him that he won't try this stupid stunt again!!

Oh, this is so odd! I got email from MIke this morning and he is in El Paso. Klinger escaped AGAIN and took Yetta with him this time. They too are back home safe and sound...

orangemm
07-25-2005, 06:11 AM
Thank goodness Pete is safely home! What an awful experience for everyone.

It's such a relief! Whew!

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-25-2005, 06:23 AM
wow, what a relief!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-25-2005, 09:23 AM
Oh my gosh!! I missed the whole thing, but I'm so glad Pete is home safe and sound again! I can't believe he's acting traumatized and yet the first thing he did was go back to visit the scene of the crime!

Naw-tee Pete! Don't ever worry your meowmy and daddy like that again! But big hugs and smoochies to you now that you're home! Whew! :)