PDA

View Full Version : A favorite (sad/happy) comic strip.

jenluckenbach
07-23-2005, 07:10 PM
MUTTS......shelter stories, always make me cry.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/manofmanycats/comic.jpg

momcat
07-23-2005, 07:58 PM
Oh Jen! I was so happy to see this post because I'm Mutts fan BIG TIME! The two weekly series of shelter stories always gets to me. Earl and Mooch are just the cutest!!

My all time favorite was a few years back. Shtinky Puddin walks past Earl and Mooch, when they ask where he's going.....

Earl: Where are you going, Shtinky?
Shtinky: I'm going to see the angels!
Earl & Mooch: Angels?
Shtinky: Not too long ago, I was lost, scared, hungry, and all alone. Then the angels came. One washed me, one fed me, one fixed up my busted leg. Then they all held me so I wouldn't feel so alone in this big old world. Then they found me my Annie!

As he's walking into the animal shelter Shtinky says, " Yup, angels I say"

I'm still thrilled that Chickpea and Chickpea's brother were adopted together last year.

This strip is definitely a must read for all animal lovers. I see so much of Groucho in Mooch.....

jenluckenbach
07-23-2005, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by momcat
Shtinky Puddin walks past Earl and Mooch, when they ask where he's going.....

Earl: Where are you going, Shtinky?
Shtinky: I'm going to see the angels!
Earl & Mooch: Angels?
Shtinky: Not too long ago, I was lost, scared, hungry, and all alone. Then the angels came. One washed me, one fed me, one fixed up my busted leg. Then they all held me so I wouldn't feel so alone in this big old world. Then they found me my Annie!

As he's walking into the animal shelter Shtinky says, " Yup, angels I say"

I cried when I saw this one and again now, remembering it. Very moving. Makes me want to go take them ALL home.

catnapper
07-23-2005, 08:59 PM
Awww... whata sweet strip. Gave me goosbumpies.

catmandu
07-23-2005, 09:42 PM
I DONT TAKE,THE LOCAL PAPER,SO I AHVE MISSED MUTTS.THAT IS SUCH,A TOUCHING STRIP,ABOUT HOW ANY STARRY CAT,CAN BECOME A BELOVED COMPANION,IF THEY ONLY CAN GET,THAT SECOND CHANCE,OR IF,THEY HAPPEN,TO KNOW ALLENTOWN,PA,FAIRLY WELL.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture579.jpg

JEN,YOURE MY HERO,JJJ3!!!
AND MY DAD,TOOOF COURSE!!!

momcat
07-23-2005, 10:21 PM
For anyone that doesn't get this dynamic comic strip in their local newspaper, you can get to know Earl, Mooch, their human companions, and their other animal friends at

www.muttscomics.com
It's well worth the visit!!!!!

AmberLee
07-24-2005, 05:07 PM
Oh, I've missed Mutts! Thanks for the link, I've bookmarked finally.

NoahsMommy
07-24-2005, 09:19 PM
Awww, Jen, that is a bittersweet one. I really enjoy Mutts too...thanks for sharing it with us. :)