PDA

View Full Version : Dear Diary - Helpful?????

Edwina's Secretary
07-22-2005, 11:02 PM
Dear Diary,

I am just trying to be helpful!!! Why don't they appreciate it???
You know what a hassle it is when they have to get up to open the door when I want to go out or when I want to go in the house?!?! So....look at what I did.....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid178/p993ab529cbf8b4d648f19187a229fd32/f3262386.jpg

I fixed the brand new screen door so I can go in and out on my own.

A word of gratitude??? NOT And what is this allowance that I am not going to get ever again????

Unappreciatedly,

Eddie

krazyaboutkatz
07-23-2005, 12:29 AM
Oh No!!!:eek: I don't think that your meowmie and pawpie like this kind of help.:eek: Don't you realize that you're supposed to be an indoor only cat and if you are outdoors you have to be on your harness. Why do you want to go out any way when you have such a luxurious house to live in?:confused: Please try to be a good boy from now on Eddie.

Prairie Purrs
07-23-2005, 01:45 AM
Now that brings back memories--that's how I ended up with Katie, only from the other side of the door. I walked onto my enclosed back porch one day to find a hole in the screen door and a pretty tuxie--plus five kittens--curled up happily in a comfy chair. :D

popcornbird
07-23-2005, 03:27 AM
OMG!!!! Naw-tee-Eddie!!!! Does this mean Meowmie will have to buy a new screen door? I bet your cuteness has already helped you earn her forgiveness. ;) Poor screen door. :(

Barbara
07-23-2005, 04:07 AM
Sara, look at the bright side of things: it is very unlikely that Eddie comes back with 5 babies:D

jenluckenbach
07-23-2005, 05:05 AM
They just don't make screens like they used to. :rolleyes:

Pam
07-23-2005, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by Barbara
Sara, look at the bright side of things: it is very unlikely that Eddie comes back with 5 babies:D

LOL! LOL! Barbara!

Oh Eddie you are just too truthful for your own good. This is not the way to impress the humans as I imagine you have already found out. You could have made up a little white lie and said that Edwina thought she saw Shirley outside and just lost her head in her frenzy to welcome her to California. Of course the humans could never be mad at Edwina for being so gracious, especially since they just had guests of their own. :p

orangemm
07-23-2005, 06:47 AM
Eddie, Eddie, Eddie.......you aren't supposed to be a handyman! Leave all the home improvements to your purrents!

Next time, ask first.

Randi
07-23-2005, 08:06 AM
Eddie, I can assure you that your mom and dad don't think you're helpful!! That hole was tiny when I visited, you must have been working hard on it.

I'm pretty sure the glass door will be locked at all times in the near future, and when the new screen door comes, it will be a different material - one you can't get through. And you can prepare yourself to get comfy inside. HA!

You're too clever for your own good, Eddie. I have seen you go out with your harness on, and come strolling back 10 min. later without it. What are they to do. :confused:

catnapper
07-23-2005, 08:32 AM
Dear Eddie,
We are so misunderstood! I think your design is very practical! Not to mention thoughful!

I myself tried to help meowmie. She has always complained how much she hates her couch. Always whining about how ugly the fabric is, and how she'd love to re-upholster it. Well, I decided to take matters into my own paws and help her take off the ugly farbic so she could put on some pretty fabric to her liking.

Now, I ask you, didn't I do a good job of starting to pull the old fabric off?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/defenselesscouch.jpg

What did it get me? Weekly nail trims! I tell you.... they just don't get it! all we want to do is help make their lives easier. We want to make them happy and they just don't seem to appreciate us!

Yours in helpfullness,
Harry

catmandu
07-23-2005, 09:14 AM
EDDIE,YOU SHOULD HAVE BLAMED,IT ON SCRAPPY 2,WHEN WE CAME,OUT FOR THE BBQ.
AFTER SCRAPPY 2,STUCK HER LITTLE HEAD,IN YOUR MEEOWMIES COOKING,SHE WOULD HAVE BELIEVED YOU.
OH WELL,ALLOWANCE,IS MONEY,AND WE CATS,IN GOOD HOMES,NEVER HAVE,TO WORRY ABOUT MONEY.
YOUR BROTHER IN LAW,SORT OF,JJJ3,THE SINGING CAT,MATE,OF HH LADY EDWINA ROSE.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture477.jpg

momoffuzzyfaces
07-23-2005, 10:05 AM
Eddie! Eddie! Eddie! Your idea of helpful and your mawmee's are worlds apart! Best listen to her or you will be grounded for life!!!:eek:

Killearn Kitties
07-23-2005, 12:24 PM
EDDIE! :eek: THAT IS NOT FUNNY!

I dread to think what your daddy is going to say! Do you want to be shut up in the house with no air??!

Cataholic
07-23-2005, 12:32 PM
The screen wasn't made very well, was it? Good thing Eddie brought this to the fore like he has.

momcat
07-23-2005, 12:36 PM
Oh Eddie! How can such a sweet kitty be soooo nawtee? No more allowance ever again does seem a bit harsh but pawpie will have to fix that door not just to keep you safely in but to keep the creepy crawlies out. I'm sure if you tell Meowmie you're sorry things will be okay again.

furrykidsmother
07-23-2005, 02:52 PM
Naw-Tee Eddie! Screens our for your own protection. You better tell Meowmie you are really, really sorry and be on your best behaviour from now on!!

kuhio98
07-23-2005, 03:33 PM
SIGH... Eddie, I'm sorry the hoomans didn't appreciate your quality control testing. Obviously, the screen is an inferior brand. Perhaps now they will solicit your remodeling ideas.

rg_girlca
07-23-2005, 10:35 PM
Eddie, if you wanted a kitty door, don't you think it would have been better if you asked first?

Sonia59
07-24-2005, 01:31 PM
Well, Eddie, don't worry this screen was bad quality anyway...not even cat tested and approved!:(

Ally Cat's Mommy
07-24-2005, 01:37 PM
EDDIE!!! I think being nominated as "supervisor" during the recent building work has gone to your head! You REALLY need to get the homeowner's approval before making major alterations!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

(But we still love you) ;)

LoudLou
07-24-2005, 02:11 PM
Hey, Eddie!

Are sure ya can't try blaming it on the Squirrels...

Sorry, Dude...

Bonzo Bean

Randi
07-25-2005, 03:37 AM
Oh, and Eddie, you know what’s gonna happen if you scratch more on that screen door ... only it will be on a more frequent basis, I'm sure! :eek:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/LA%20July%202005/Eddiehavingnailsclipped.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/LA%20July%202005/Eddiehavingnailsclipped2.jpg

You certainly didn’t enjoy this! :D

Ally Cat's Mommy
07-25-2005, 04:24 AM
OMG!!!! Eddie's face in that last photo is priceless!!!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-25-2005, 06:37 AM
OMG, those pics are priceless, Randi!!

sasvermont
07-25-2005, 07:39 AM
Dear Eddie:

Nice job.

My Mom thinks you may be better at the cosmetic side of destruction than I am. I merely opened seams at the top and then split the screening down the middle so I might climb out on the other side of the porch. Sorry, no photos. It is history now. See paragraph below.

As a result of my skills and ambition to get outside, my Mom spent hundreds of dollars on new screening for the entire (yes entire) porch this spring and she also spent hours re-screening. She bought some pet screening (cannot tear through it at all) and now I am good at just scaling the screening but no break outs so far. Lucy has gotten good at doing the splat cat thing on the screening too! We are working on defeating her, but so far the screening is winning.

My Mom got the screening on line at a place called
"doityourself.com".... She bought it in a huge roll and lots to rescreen just about every window in the house, if necessary. So far we have only destroyed the porch screening. Its more fun and hey, folks can actually watch me in action! I did have a peanut gallery for one episode but my Mom didn't find it so amusing.

Eddie, I want to assure you that there IS a connection between your nail cutting frequency and how often you destroy things with your nails. My Mom cannot catch me to do my nails, but I have been good lately anyway. You can't have everything Eddie. Your nails must be kept short. (Maybe you could chew the screening....?)

Keeping a low profile for a week or so might just help your situation.

With love

Your partner in crime,

JuniRose

aka Juni-Rose-bites-your nose
aka Juni-get-down

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-25-2005, 09:30 AM
Oh no, Eddie!!! You were such a good boy while we were there! Evidently you need to have company around more often. Either you get more attention that way....or it's just more eyes to make sure you're behaving! :D

I just love those pictures Randi! He certainly does not look happy, but the way he has all his toes spread out makes it look like he's at least trying to be helpful. ;) :D :D

ramanth
07-26-2005, 12:21 PM
OMG! LOL! Randi, those pictures are priceless! :D

It wasn't the cats fault, but when I was petsitting my friends Newfoundland, he put his head THROUGH my parents screen door. :eek:

The cats decided to use it as a pet door. :rolleyes: :D

My parents had the screen replaced with new screen specially designed for people with pets. It's worked well. The cats climb it and there is no sign of wear or tear and Kia has bounced off it a few times.

Lightning SuperCat
07-26-2005, 08:11 PM
From Lightning:
"Great job Eddie! I have already tried to make my own door into the awesome and messy back room (with lots of places to hide) but it is not big enough for me yet. Those mean people won't let me back there because last time I opened the back door and got outside! How stupid is that! I was just curious! And you should put up a big fuss when you get your nails clipped. I like mine nice and sharp-just in case a birdie comes in the house! :D:)

Vio&Juni
08-02-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by sasvermont
Maybe you could chew the screening....?

With love

Your partner in crime,

JuniRose

aka Juni-Rose-bites-your nose
aka Juni-get-down

GOOD advice, JuniRose!!! :rolleyes: I am sure, Edwina's Secretary will appreciate it :)

Gin
08-06-2005, 03:32 PM
Eddie, you are not the only misunderstood kid on the block. Striker modified my screen door too. Attached is a picture. Please note the other designer touches, such as the muddy pawprints.

Gin
08-06-2005, 03:38 PM
And this is the delinquent using his new kitty door.