PDA

View Full Version : The Miracle Workers - possibility of my sister on TV!

wolflady
07-22-2005, 02:50 PM
I posted about this in my LJ, but thought I would post it here too and ask for prayers for my sister to get picked! Read on....:)

I'm not a fan of reality shows. By reality shows, I'm referring to the "un" reality shows like survivor, big brother, the real gilligan's island...etc. The only reality shows I do like are those you find on HGTV (trading spaces, while you were out) and Animal Planet (Animal Precinct, Animal Cops, Emergency Vets...etc).
However, there is one I hadn't heard of that just might be worthwhile. It's called "The Miracle Workers" and my oldest sister Pam nominated my sister Laura for the show! I couldn't believe it! For those of you following my sister's trauma with her diagnoses of AVN (Avascular Necrosis), you will know why my older sister nominated her. Pam actually talked to one of the producers of the show within hours of submitting her recommendation yesterday. They then called my sister Laura to talk about AVN and how it's impacted her life.
How cool would it be to have my sister on TV??!! I really think this would help her tremendously, because the stress of trying to deal with this horrible debilitating disease, trying to keep up with bills, trying to pay off all of the student loans, not to mention studying for licensure...is not helping her condition at all. Surgery is going to be a long, painful and expensive process. I don't even want to imagine the debt she is in from all the schooling she's gone through to get her Phd. Now that she has it, she can't even work because the pain of AVN is just too much. I can't imagine being diagnosed with such a life altering condition.
I hope she gets picked! :-)

Here's a link to the show: http://abc.go.com/primetime/schedule/2005-06/miracleworkers.html

**hugs**
Karen

JenBKR
07-22-2005, 02:52 PM
Wow that's really cool! Hopefully it will give your sister something positive to look forward to. Good luck!

*Prayers & Hugs*

ramanth
07-22-2005, 03:11 PM
How exciting!! I hope your sister gets picked. :D

King Spartacus
07-22-2005, 05:31 PM
Prayers on they're way! And we shall keep all fingers, paws and fins crossed for your sister to be picked!

Sylvie, KS' mom