PDA

View Full Version : ... So quiet and empty now...

aly
07-22-2005, 02:40 AM
Pearl went to her new home this evening. I did not hold up very well. With the way I was acting, you'd think somebody had died. I don't do well with goodbyes and I love that little girl so much. She will be sorely missed :( I had her for almost 3 months.

I had to work so Josh took her to her new home. He had detailed instructions from me and I had already printed out everything that her new dad needs to know (also emailed it to him a few days ago). Josh said she did REALLY well. When he pulled up to the house, she got excited and jumped up to look out the car window. She followed her new brother, Frankie, all around the house and made herself right at home. Maybe she made herself TOO at home because she even chased Frankie off of his dad's lap :o She likes to hog all of the attention, naughty naughty. I will email Tom tomorrow or Monday to get an update on how she's doing. I miss her SOOOOOOO much. I keep looking around for her. She's always been right under my feet. Now I hardly know what to do with myself. It is so weird to walk around without tripping over that little girl.

I had Josh take some pictures of her tonight, but I don't feel emotionally ready to look at them, so here's a quick before and after picture (she made SO much progress from that first day, mentally and physically - the pictures don't show it well though). The first picture was from the first night when I was giving her a bath to get all the motor oil off of her, and the second picture was after her spay a couple weeks ago. I will post Josh's pics from tonight soon:

http://rescuedpaws.com/bef.jpg http://rescuedpaws.com/after.jpg

CagneyDog
07-22-2005, 03:03 AM
She sure has come along way. You helped her out a lot Aly :) Now she has a furrever home.

gemini9961
07-22-2005, 03:07 AM
I am sad too. I really enjoyed hearing about her and seeing her pics. I am happy though that she has a furever home. I don't know how you can do what you do, I'd be sad all the time when my fosters found a new home. She's in good hands now as well and she'll be loved and she has a new brother so she'll be ok.

Oggyflute
07-22-2005, 03:26 AM
I don't no how you do it Aly, it would break my heart everytime.

Pawsitive Thinking
07-22-2005, 04:02 AM
I don't no how you do it Aly, it would break my heart everytime

Me too - well done Aly!!! Try not to be sad - be proud of what you have achieved and look forward to the next furbaby :)

vinjashira
07-22-2005, 04:08 AM
I think you are wonderful Aly, I'm sure Pearl thinks the same way :)

Kater
07-22-2005, 04:19 AM
Oh Aly, you've done it again! Look at that sweet and happy face!! I'm not attached to this cutie like you are, but the trust I see radiating from her eyes in these pictures is enough to make me tear up. I look forward to seeing more pictures when you are ready to share them. She sounds like a very confident and loving girl and I'm sure she will be cherished in her new home. :D

I know it's hard on you, but the work you do is amazing.

{{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}}

chocolatepuppy
07-22-2005, 05:02 AM
I don't know how you do it Aly, but I'm glad you do. I hope time helps to ease the pain of giving her up, just think of all you have done for her! :)

Ginger's Mom
07-22-2005, 05:46 AM
You have done such a wonderful job with her, Aly. I am sure she will do wonderfully at her new home, thanks to the care that you have given her. I would love to see pictures of her at her new home. And you will get to still see her on occasion, right? Best of luck to you, Pearl.

Pam
07-22-2005, 06:08 AM
Aly she is precious. I can see why you miss that little face. My hat is off to all that foster and then have to say goodbye. I sure couldn't do it. The day I took Bella home the breeder cried. She apologized and said she cries every time a puppy leaves so I guess I could never be a breeder either!

Jadapit
07-22-2005, 07:32 AM
Oh Aly, bless you for what you do for the animals!!! Thank God for people like you. It has to be really hard seeing them go but you find them a forever home where they can be happy and loved. Your an amazing woman.:)

RobiLee
07-22-2005, 07:45 AM
Awww, {{{BIG HUGS FOR YOU, ALY}}}. I know it is tough on you. You do such wonderful work. Thank you for helping all those precious furkids.

finn's mom
07-22-2005, 07:58 AM
Oh, Aly, I can't imagine. You are such a good person for fostering these unfortunate souls. I've been saying this a lot lately, to other people - but just as much for myself, as I've been having some rocky times - nothing good is ever easy. Most truly good changes or events are usually scary, too. Or sad at some point. You are doing such a good thing, and, I admire you for everything that you do for animals, and, the positive attitude you carry and present to others. You'll be fine, I don't have a doubt in the world that you will just be even stronger once you get over this initial hurdle. You will foster another poor creature, and, find another wonderful home, and, even though it seems Pearl had really wormed her way into your soul, you'll be all right. Keep us posted on her, though, as she's gotten to me, too.

cyber-sibes
07-22-2005, 08:11 AM
I know how you feel, when I get to missing Speedo, I just imagine him in his new home playing with his new family and being happy. That helps a little. At least you will hear news about Pearl, that will make it easier, too.

Glacier
07-22-2005, 12:46 PM
Good luck, little Pearl! Enjoy your new home!

Hope you're feeling better soon, aly. You did a good thing! Pearl will be forever grateful.

When Kira left us, I cried for three days. We'd had her a long time and I adored her. I knew we weren't the right place for her, but it broke my heart to let her go. She went to a good friend of my hubby's. We still get updates on her and occasionally even get to dogsit her! She is the centre of Cam's world and one of the most loved dogs I've ever seen. Just after she left I told another foster person that Kira hadn't even had the decency to look back or act like she was going to miss me. She told me "that's when you know you did it right."

Karen
07-22-2005, 01:44 PM
She is truly a Pearl of great value - and you, through your care, made hat clear for all the world to see. And before you know it, the next little "diamond in the rough" will be at your door, and you'll foget the house was ever too quiet.

luvofallhorses
07-22-2005, 01:51 PM
Aly,

You do a wonderful thing for these animals! You should be proud :) and Pearl was lucky to have you as all animals are :) I wish there were more people in this world like you!

Enjoy your new life, Pearl :)

lute
07-22-2005, 02:02 PM
congrats on helping this little pup. i remember when you got her. i was thinkin "this is a pretty lucky pup":)