PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Please?

NoahsMommy
07-22-2005, 12:58 AM
I'm sort of having a financial melt down. With my unexpected firing and lots of new medical bills, I'm sinking. I have no idea how I'm going to pay ANYTHING. :(

I can't find work until at least August 15th, and while I have a few promising leads, that's still a long time to go without money.

I've applied for unemployment, but it wont be enough to pay my rent or bills.

I'm working with a company that helps people with bad credit find loans...but so far I've been turned down 4 times. :( I seriously need that loan, otherwise I just know I'd have to move home with my parents (NOT GOOD FOR MY STRESS LEVELS)...which means losing my cats.

I'm so upset and so don't need this. I'm scared about my surgery as it is....I don't know what to do or where to turn.

My parents have all thier $$ tied up in their new home...

Please pray I get a loan somehow...I'm so scared. :(

krazyaboutkatz
07-22-2005, 01:05 AM
Kelly, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( Please try not to stress out too much because I wouldn't want you to get sick again.:( I wish that I was rich so I could just give you the money that you need but that isn't the case. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. You're a survivor so I know that everything will work out in the end. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

zippy-kat
07-22-2005, 01:35 AM
{{In my every thought and prayer!}}

Oggyflute
07-22-2005, 01:39 AM
Best thoughts and wishes to you Kelly, things do have a way of working out, and I'm sure it will with you.

gemini9961
07-22-2005, 01:46 AM
My wishes are with you as I know how scary it can be when there isn't enough money. Try to stay positive.

CagneyDog
07-22-2005, 03:00 AM
I'll keep you in my prayers Kelly:( It will work out eventually, hang in there!

Try not to stress about your surgery to much :(

{{{{hugs}}}}

popcornbird
07-22-2005, 03:04 AM
Oh Kelly. :( Prayers and hugs being sent your way.

chocolatepuppy
07-22-2005, 05:08 AM
You will be in my prayers Kelly. {hugs}

neko1
07-22-2005, 05:37 AM
I'll keep you in my prayers, Kelly.

jenluckenbach
07-22-2005, 06:12 AM
I'll pray for you Kelly. I am so sorry that this is happening. :(

Pawsitive Thinking
07-22-2005, 06:30 AM
Fingers crossed that everything works out for you ;)

furrykidsmother
07-22-2005, 07:25 AM
Prayers on their way! I hope everything works out for you and that you can get a loan to help tide you over until you get back to work. Best of luck on your surgery too! I am sure you will feel much better when that is behind you.

Daisy and Delilah
07-22-2005, 07:37 AM
Kelly, I really feel for you hon. You've gone through so much in your young life. I am so sorry you're having to endure more pain. You're such a sweet person. My constant thoughts and prayers are with you too. I too would gladly send you the money right now if it were possible. Try to keep your chin up. I'm sure it will all be okay soon:)

Terry

Jadapit
07-22-2005, 07:43 AM
I'm really sorry you are having such a rough time. I know how stressfull not having money can be. It can really bring you down. Have you checked into getting disability? Maybe you could with you health problems. Just a thought. You will be in my prayers.

Ally Cat's Mommy
07-22-2005, 07:48 AM
kelly - you are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry you are going through this, as you REALLY don't need the extra stress at the moment.

Are you getting any kind of severance package from your previous employed which could tide you over? Could your folks not make a plan just for your rent and essentials as you can pay them back once you start working again?

If you do have to move in with your folks for a short while, could you look into boarding the cats with a cattery or friend - could Kevin maybe help you, or would David take the cats for a couple of months (although I suppose he is the LAST person you want to ask for help) :(

Wish you were closer - you and the kitties could stay with me for as long as you needed to :(

moosmom
07-22-2005, 08:31 AM
Kelly,

I can think of two options.

I know you don't want to get David involved, but how about calling your lawyer and asking him to fight for spousal support, considering your current situation. It's the LEAST David can do! Another thing is to look into Social Security Disability benefits. I think with your medical problems, you'd definitely qualify.

My daughter is on SSI because of her brain tumor and works part-time. She makes enough money to make ends meet.

I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time. I know how hard it is when you're up at night worrying about your finances. Been there, done that!!!

Love and hugs to you.

Donna

RobiLee
07-22-2005, 08:31 AM
Kelly, I sure do hope that things work out and calm down for you. Such a difficult time right now. I'm wishing you all the best.

I'm sending along lots of positive vibes and prayers for you.

rosethecopycat
07-22-2005, 08:33 AM
Thinking of you and hoping for positive results.

Laura's Babies
07-22-2005, 08:48 AM
Put it in Gods hands! Trust in Him!... then quit worrying if you can.
Keep the faith and just do what you have to do. All this stress can not be good for you. I will pray hard for you!

ramanth
07-22-2005, 09:33 AM
*HUGS*

Karen
07-22-2005, 09:34 AM
Absolutely you are in our prayers.

luvofallhorses
07-22-2005, 10:56 AM
Kelly,

You're in my thoughts and prayers ((((hugs))))

JenBKR
07-22-2005, 11:08 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles, I know how scary that can be. I have been there more than I want to admit. Do you attend a church? Some have 'good samaritian' clubs that will donate money to you if you talk to the pastor. Even if you are not involved, you can still get help from some (I know my church does this, even for people that they don't know). Can't hurt to try, hope everything works out!

shais_mom
07-22-2005, 01:01 PM
hugs and prayers sent your way!

wolflady
07-22-2005, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
Kelly,

I can think of two options.

I know you don't want to get David involved, but how about calling your lawyer and asking him to fight for spousal support, considering your current situation. It's the LEAST David can do! Another thing is to look into Social Security Disability benefits. I think with your medical problems, you'd definitely qualify.

My daughter is on SSI because of her brain tumor and works part-time. She makes enough money to make ends meet.

I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time. I know how hard it is when you're up at night worrying about your finances. Been there, done that!!!

Love and hugs to you.

Donna

These both sound like workable options. I know how stressful financial situations can be and you know that I'm here for you, chica! Please call me or ask for anything that I might be able to help you with!

**hugs** and prayers are always on the way for you! :)

NoahsMommy
07-22-2005, 07:17 PM
You all are so sweet, thank you so much for your prayers and support. I don't know what I'd do without my PT family. (((((((hugs))))))

I'll try and answer your questions. I did apply for unemployment and I'm in the process of changing my phone interview because its scheduled for July 29...but I'll be in the hospital at that time. I'd prefer to either call in from the hospital phone.

I'm going to apply for disability for the date of my surgery until my doctor releases me to work.

Tonya (Zippy-Kat) put in a good word for me at her company, but a branch near me and I already have a phone interview set up for the day I come home from the hospital. Tonya even called my would-be boss and told him about my last job and he was APPAULLED that I was fired for being ill. He seemed to know A LOT about Crohn's and said he was interested in me. He got my resume and application expedited through the hiring process (all hiring is through their corporate office) and I got called today! Yay!!

Thanks again, so much, for everyone's help, prayers and concern. You truly are the best friends ever!

Love and hugs,
Kelly and the furkids :)

Oggyflute
07-22-2005, 10:09 PM
That's all sounding a lot better Kelly.:)

Uabassoon
07-22-2005, 10:16 PM
Kelly I'm so sorry to hear about all that is happening. A big thanks to Tonya for helping you with the job situation. The boss sounds like a great guy and if he's smart he'll hire you. You would be a great addition to any company!

krazyaboutkatz
07-22-2005, 11:18 PM
Kelly, I'm so glad to hear that things are looking up for you. You sure deserve a stress free normal life.:) Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are still being sent your way. Please take care. ((((HUGS))))

grybai
07-22-2005, 11:21 PM
When Laura and I met you this past weekend, we were so amazed that someone with as many misfortunes as you could be such a cheerful, loving person. It's so great that Tonya's been able to help you out and I hope more good luck comes your way.

Although you have such a beautiful apartment and I'm not sure what your lease arrangement is, maybe you should consider moving in with your parents until you're back on your feet. Even if it is only your very last option, I'd be happy to help with housing your cats temporarily if you needed it.

In any case, I'm praying for the best for you.

JenBKR
07-23-2005, 07:48 AM
Sounds like things are looking up; that's great. Keep us updated!

kittycats_delight
07-23-2005, 11:10 AM
Kelly, I just now seen this thread. I am sooo glad it seems things are going to come together for you. Those PT prayer and your PT family have a way of coming through in the end. I am hoping and praying everything will work out and you will not have this added stress and worry on you any longer. Dealing with the surgery and getting well will be enough. Lots more positive thoughts coming for you and prayers that things will work out wonderfully in the end.

{{{HUGS}}}
Michelle

dukedogsmom
07-23-2005, 11:17 AM
I hope it all gets better for you soon! You don't need all these additional worries.