PDA

View Full Version : For those of you that let your dogs sleep with you..

Kfamr
07-22-2005, 12:08 AM
What's your sleeping arrangement?

Lol, silly thread, but I'm just now talking to Robin about it over IM and I "drew" a picture explaining how my 3 and I sleep (when it's cool enough in the house)

http://petevents.com/~simba/sleep.jpg
Not very accurate, but close enough. Mind you, I have a very small twin sized bed... There's usually no part of me that isn't touching dog.

I invite Simba up first, he sleeps in the very corner (my bed is against my wall), usually takes up half of my pillow.
Then I invite Kiara up and she lays below him. Then I scoot as close as I can to them without squishing them and invite Nala up. She usually takes up the whole side of the bed by herself.

This is only possible if the AC's cranking. :p I usually only have 1 or 2 (Usually Simba and always Kiara) still with me when I wake up. Simba and Nala sometimes go to their dog beds in my room.

RobiLee
07-22-2005, 12:16 AM
Such a silly thread;)

Yep, I know how all those dogs can get a bit warm..lol. Since Alden is working nights both of mine will be sleeping with me also:p I can't draw a picture but I can tell you that Tori is usually at my feet and most times right on top of them. Katie stretches all out on her side and sleeps right beside me.

Gotta love dogs!!

finn's mom
07-22-2005, 12:28 AM
Finn usually sleeps on the floor somewhere in my room, now. That's only been for about three weeks or so, though. He used to always get up in the bed with me. I sometimes invite him up there, though, and, there's no telling where he'll sleep. He is very squirmy. He does stretch almost the entire length of the bed, though, and, is like having a person next to me. Right now, though, we're getting ready for bed, and, he's just dug up all the blankets I had layed out for him. They're all in one big pile and he's laying NEXT to them, straight on the carpeted floor. Weirdo.

gemini9961
07-22-2005, 12:35 AM
Maggie will be under the covers usually curled up next to me against my back. Sadie will usually be under the covers laying against me on my front side. And then Jeff is on the other side of her, LOL. They usually end up moving around during the night but will stay on the bed. Sometimes Sadie gets out of the covers and lays at the foot of the bed, sometimes she's right next to me with her head on the pillow like a person. They never sleep next to each other under the covers. I always have a dog on each side of me. It does get warm but it's worth it.

Jamieejo85
07-22-2005, 12:50 AM
I sleep on one side and Guapo has the whole other side of a queen sized bed to sleep on but he chooses to snuggle his little two pound body right next to me:) :rolleyes: :)

wolfsoul
07-22-2005, 12:54 AM
When Leather was alive, she would sleep with me. :) She used to lay on her side right beside me and I'd lay on my side and put both my arm and a leg around her. She would just lay there and sleep. In the middle of the night, when I was sleeping, she would ever so quietly move to the floor. I'm a very light sleeper and the faintest noise or movement wakes me up, but never once in her whole life did she ever wake me up when she got off the bed, even though I was completely wrapped around her. I just loved that dog. I hope my next dog will be a cuddly sleeper too.

cali
07-22-2005, 01:22 AM
depends on the night lol I have a pet blanket on my bed for Misty and Ripley to sleep on preferably, just because they keep tracking bedding and such from the critters all over my bed, and its makes it so uncomfortable to sleep on shavings and rabbit and piggie pellets lol I dont mind a little dirt, but with 3 dogs running back and forth from the piggie room to my bed, it was getting too messy too fast. so I have a queen sized bed, and its in the corner of my room, I sleep along the wall and when Happy sleeps on my bed she steps over me so that she is on the side between me and wall, and she wraps herself around my head the pet blanky is right beside my head on the other side, Misty sleeps as close to my head as she can and curls up, Ripleyeither sleeps with Misty on the blanky or he curls up under my covers, curled up to me. when all 5 dogs sleep in my room, its a little differnt lol Happy always stays on the floor in that case and Misty stretches herself along my body, Ripley curls up under the covers behind my knees and Perky curls up under my covers up to my tummy, and Blair either finds a spot on my bed and sleeps on the floor, depends if Misty lets him on the bed or not lol

Tollers-n-Dobes
07-22-2005, 01:59 AM
Tango usually sleeps where you drew Nala and sometimes on my pillow, when it's really hot out though she usually ends up on the floor sometime during the night. Tia and Winston don't sleep with me, they sleep with my Mom.

Cookiebaker
07-22-2005, 04:50 AM
haha Funny thread! :)

Lately the animals haven't been sleeping on the bed 'cause its too hot. But I will attach an attempt at portraying what our bed looks like the rest of the year :)

Usually by morning, Malone hops down and prefers either the crate or the dog bed in our room. Emerson loves to be as close as possible. And Marigold usually will leave the room in the middle of the night, too.

chocolatepuppy
07-22-2005, 05:00 AM
Too cute! :D Lacey will sleep on the bed but Mandy gets too hot in the summer and will lay right near me on the floor. :)

Pam
07-22-2005, 06:20 AM
LOL! LOL! KayAnn and Anna I love your drawings! LOL! Bella and I usually sleep side by side (she even has a pillow under her head) and Ripley will sleep on the other side of me, and in the winter will go way deep under the covers (I worry about him getting enough air). Often when I wake up we are all in a totally different configuration. :rolleyes:

Now that it is warmer, one or both of them sometimes will jump off the bed. Bella will sleep on the floor sprawled out and Ripley will go under the bed (don't know that it is cooler under there though. :rolleyes: ).

Hmm.... Just noticed something .... Ripley is either under the covers or under the bed. Is there a pattern here? LOL! :p

GraciesMommy
07-22-2005, 07:22 AM
I sleep on my right side and gracie sleeps in the crook of my legs...she doesn't budge all night so I best get comfy first..lol

Jadapit
07-22-2005, 07:28 AM
My husband sleeps on the right side of the bed, I'm on the left. Jada sleeps right by my head she has to have part of the pillow. Diamond sleeps at my husbands feet. Ebony sleeps in her crate in our bedroom. We have a queen size bed, so we are really crowded. My poor husband ends up on the couch half the time.:p

beeniesmom
07-22-2005, 08:51 AM
Cool thread!
Beenie has slept in the bed with us since day one.
I usually get her butt and my husband gets her head.
She sometimes sleeps like a person tummy side up with her head on the pillow.

me beenie my husband

flamepony12
07-22-2005, 09:18 AM
Usually it's just me and Zeus, and Zeus usually sleeps at the foot of my bed. Mackenzie's too big, and Muffin sleeps with my mom. :p

pitc9
07-22-2005, 09:43 AM
When my husband is home I share my half of the bed with Sierra, she sleeps on or between my feet and legs and Buddy sleeps on his bed right next to me on the floor.
My hubby does not like dogs in the bed.:mad:

But when my hubby is not home:p :p :p
Buddy sleeps RIGHT next to me on the bed, using my hubby's pillow:D and Sierra sprawls out at the bottom of the bed. :D :D :p

lv4dogs
07-22-2005, 09:48 AM
The past week (maybe forever more but thats a different story) I'm the only human on my queen size bed.
Raustyk gets about 2/3 of the bed, usually on my left side (if I'm laying on my back), then theres me and then Meko the cat usually on my right.

Nanook can't jump on the bed so he sleeps on the floor. Which is good cause he sheds bad, but don't get me wrong if he could jump up by himself I'd let him stay it's just I won't help. lol Besides even when he was younger he'd only lay on the bed till I fell alsleep then he'd jump off & I don't want him trying to jump off when I'm sleeping in case he gets hurt.

Tiki doesn't want any part of snuggling yet unless he's on the ground. That & Meko & him are not the best of pals yet. I have been rudely awoken the past few night by Tiki trying to hop up on the bed with Meko & they both start hissing & growling. But it could also be Tiki pestering Meko & not really trying to cuddle on the bed. He knows Meko is not too fond of him & he bugs the snot out of her, knowing it irks her. He's such a twirp sometimes.

Years ago, in Nanooks younger days he'd sleep with me, but was never there when I woke up. So one night I stayed up but pretended to sleep to see what he does. I had to keep VERY still to find out.
He'd get on the bed, lay right next to me. He'd lay there for about an hour, making sure I was asleep. Then He'd start to adjust his legs for sitting, but wouldn't quite sit. He'd stay like that for about 20 minutes. Then he'd sit up & stay there for a while. Then he'd stand & stay there for a while. Then he'd walk to the end of the bed and lay back down. Then he'd do the whole prcess over again (sit, stand etc....)
If I moved ONE INCH, he'd HURRY right back up by me like he never even moved. lol
Eventually if I was still long enough he'd hop off the bed.
No wonder he'd sleep all day. It took him a good few hours before he hopped off the bed to get some sleep of his own.

2crazypuppies4me
07-22-2005, 09:57 AM
LOL, I love this thread LOL

Lilly usually kisses me then crawls under the covers and sleeps behind my knee's, if it's to hot like last night she'll slink up and sleep like a person bhind my head, back to back.
Maggie sleeps in front of me sometiems curled up in a ball by my tummy and sometimes sharing my pillow with my arm around her.
So I'm not an artist like some of you :p
Oh and before I forget to mention, I turn my air to 60 before I go to bed so I don't wake up all yucky, sweaty :mad: The winter will be much better, I can just turn the heat off and open windows :p

Logan
07-22-2005, 10:13 AM
If our dogs all got in the bed, there would be no room for any humans, let alone two of them! LOL!!!! I am a very, very poor sleeper, and even when I was not married, I did not do well with the dogs in the bed with me (back when I only had two and a queen sized bed). Helen would usually start out the night with both Honey and Lilly in her queen sized bed. These days, it's hard enough for me to sleep with my husband sleeping next to me and our dogs do not like to go upstairs where Helen's room is and usually spend the night in the kitchen together (there are 4 now, of course).

When hubby is out of town, I do let them come back and sleep in the room with me and they just surround the bed on the floor and are perfectly content.

Logan

slleipnir
07-22-2005, 10:30 AM
Zeke won't sleep on my bed at all. I have no idea why. When we went to florida, I told him to come up with me, but by morning he was on my moms bed (she doesn't even live with him and almost never sees him!!! why would he like her more? lol)

Anyway, Josie doesn't have any one spot.She usually sleeps right beside me or at my feet. Kiba sleeps on the pillow next to my head.

ramanth
07-22-2005, 10:31 AM
I wish Kia would sleep on the bed with me, but I guess she feels it's too small. I too have a twin sized bed and if I'm in bed, she only sticks around for no more than 5 minutes.

Zam and Logan however, cuddle in the crook of my legs, against my chest, or against my back. :)

Andy has a queen sized bed, so when we stay the night with him, Kia will sometimes sleep at the foot of the bed.

But I think she likes rotating. Often when I wake up she's either on the floor by the bed, in her dog bed, in her crate, or on the couch.

Chilli
07-22-2005, 10:41 AM
I have a full-sized bed, but when my sister moves off to college, I'll get to have a king-sized :D
Right now, I have three sleeping with me (including Khaith). Ethan likes to sleep by my knees, and he stretches out, taking up half of the bed. Frisk sleeps on the other side of me (he never sleeps on the same side as Ethan), with his face even with mine, breathing his doggy breath in my face all night. He sleeps with only his head out of the covers, with his head on my pillow. He's so sweet :D ... Khaith likes to sleeps curled up around my head, he's a bit weird. He purrs constantly until he goes to sleep, and if you moves at all, he will wake up and start purring again. By the morning, I've already gotten up at 3 a.m. to let Khaith out, Ethan has rolled over in his sleep, falling on the floor. He doesn't wake up when he falls :confused: no idea why. But then again, my bed is less than a foot off the floor.
I thought I was crowded, but after reading some of ya'lls sleeping arrangements, I feel like I need another dog to fill the gap by my feet :D

JenBKR
07-22-2005, 10:46 AM
Roscoe doesn't usually sleep on the bed, and hubby prefers it that way :( But when he gets up for work I call Roscoe up and we snuggle :D Katie used to sleep on my husband's head, wrapped around it. It was really cute :)

caseysmom
07-22-2005, 10:50 AM
Casey sleeps in between me and my hubby. Bubba can't be trusted out yet, he sleeps in his excercize pen. I have let him sleep with us a few times but I worry he will get into something.

elizabethann
07-22-2005, 10:53 AM
What a funny thread. Fenway sleeps near my legs or my back or my tummy...depending on his mood. His kitty brother sleeps on the pillow, near my legs or near my chest.

The funny thing about Fenway is when he has to poop, he sits and stares at me. Well in the middle of the night he wakes up and shakes (I can hear his tags clinking) so I open my eyes and he is sitting there staring at me. I think he has to poop, so I get up and throw some clothes on. But what he really wants is for me to get up so he can have the warm spot! I'll come back to the bedroom and he's sleeping in my spot!

This happend for months until I finally figured out what he was doing (I don't think clearly at 2am). So now I don't move. He's forced to sleep in the cold spots!

IRescue452
07-22-2005, 11:15 AM
Its too funny looking to draw but I sleep sprawled out face-down taking up most of the queen-sized bed and Autumn finds that my legs make a nice bed so she sleeps right between my knees and ankles so that I can't possibly move my legs at all. Sonny, if and when he sleeps on my bed, is usually upside down with his feet in the air near one of my feet.

grybai
07-22-2005, 12:03 PM
Payson's not allowed in the bedroom so he doesn't get to sleep in my bed at night (although I know he would love it), and he's usually in the crate at night (at least for now). Even if I eventually do let him into my bedroom, he's not allowed on any of the furniture because it makes him cocky and aggressive towards the kitties.

However, since he was sick, I let Dewey sleep on my bed while we had him. He used to like to sleep curled up in a ball right between my legs like a cat!

Glacier
07-22-2005, 01:00 PM
Technically, the dogs have to wait to be invited up on the bed. There is one exception to that rule, Franklin. Franklin gets up and down at will. He likes to sleep by our feet and use my legs as his pillow. Franklin is allowed to this as it's such a huge step for him. He used to afraid of his own shadow. It's just been the last six months or so that he's been brave enough to snuggle. So we let him.

When Stuart is away, Earle and Chum take over his side of the bed. Chum often sneaks up on the bed during the night anyway. He's smart enough to only do it on my side. He knows I'll let him stay!

Lots of them like to take over our bed when no one is in it and that's allowed. We also leave the futon in the living folded down for them most of the time. It's only up when we have guests over who might like a couch to sit on!

Kfamr
07-22-2005, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Glacier
Technically, the dogs have to wait to be invited up on the bed.

Yep. No exceptions here.

My three always go to their beds when I call them into my room for night time. Then I lay down and call one up at a time. :)

ParNone
07-22-2005, 01:43 PM
Wow don't know how you do it with 3 dogs on a twin with you. I'd never get any sleep. I gotta be free to move around on the bed a lil', while sleeping.

When it was Me, Maddie, Murph and Oz, I had a Full sized bed and felt cramped. I had the right side of the bed. Maddie would sleep on her back, next to my head, with her back feet resting on my shoulder. Murph would sleep at the foot of the bed, in the far left corner. Oz would sleep in the middle between those two and always seemed to have the spot where I wanted my knee to rest.

About the time I got Gull, I decided to get a King sized bed, thinking no way would a full be big enough with 2 Collies, Me and Murph. Turns out though that Gull has height issues, so he doesn't like sleeping on the bed. He sleeps on the floor next to me in his own bed.

Murph and Oz move around to different spots now, but ultimately seem to end up similar to where they were with the Full. Murph at the foot in the far left corner. Oz in the middle, right next to me, with either his long nose resting on my feet or resting on my shoulder, depending on the direction he chose to sleep in. Still taking up that spot, I'd like my knee to be in.

So there I am in this big ole King sized bed with the same amount of sleeping space, I had before. :)

Par...

Suki Wingy
07-22-2005, 02:12 PM
Niño is too afraid to come on my bed except for durring the day. That shows I have good dominance over him, so it's ok I guess. Layla slept stuffed in the corner on my pillow, but she was always testing us, so it shows there.

Ginger's Mom
07-22-2005, 02:18 PM
Ginger and I start out on our sides next to each other. She then gets some scratches and belly rubs for a few minutes. She then lies at the head of the bed where the second pillow would be (it is standing upright against the headboard). She stays there for about ten minutes, then she goes to the foot of the bed where she stays for the rest of the night (unless it is real hot, then she jumps off the bed and lies on the floor).

slleipnir
07-22-2005, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Suki Wingy
Niño is too afraid to come on my bed except for durring the day. That shows I have good dominance over him, so it's ok I guess. Layla slept stuffed in the corner on my pillow, but she was always testing us, so it shows there.

Will he stay if you invite him?? I wonder if that's why Zeke won't come on my bed hehe....

Kfamr
07-22-2005, 03:41 PM
I have very good dominance over my dogs, they all know i'm alpha, but they've never been afraid to go on my bed. :confused:

Lobodeb
07-22-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker
haha Funny thread! :)

Lately the animals haven't been sleeping on the bed 'cause its too hot. But I will attach an attempt at portraying what our bed looks like the rest of the year :)

I was going to draw a picture, but I don't have to now! Cookiebaker, may I "borrow" your drawing? lol.

Chica
07-22-2005, 08:01 PM
Ever since Chica was brought home she has slept with me on my queen size bed.I have never experienced a Chihuahua before her. I thought is was so sweet that she curls up next to my legs or but or back and sleeps under the covers all night. I like her to sleep with me all the time. She likes it to!!!!!!! :) ;) :D :cool:

BitsyNaceyDog
07-22-2005, 09:30 PM
Right now the only pet in our bed at night is Bitsy. She always sleeps at my feet. If Justin is away (or if I'm taking a nap with her) then she sleeps on his pillow. I feel horrible that she sleeps by my feet because I'm a major kicker (I've woken myself up before because of my kicking). I always start her off on my pillow, but within minutes she gets up and goes down to my feet.

Before Roxy (cat) died she slept in the bed too. She slept between Justin and me.

Nacey and Nova (along with the cats) aren't even allowed in our bedroom because my dove lives in there and they pester him.

We've tried to sleep with Charlie but he likes to suck the blanket and it drives Justin crazy, so he has to sleep in the family room with the others.

Buster isn't allowed to sleep with us either. Even though he's just a little chihuahua he pushes me off the bed. When I roll he pushes right up against me and he does it until I am off the bed.

Varga
07-22-2005, 10:16 PM
This is a very cute thread :D I never would have thought that so many people let their pets sleep in their beds (especially considering how some of you have so many, and so large, dogs :D )

For me, Tiki always sleeps under the covers, curled up against my chest.
Sometimes when the room is cold she'll dissapear further into the covers and curl up againts the back of my knees.. She really hates being cold :D I don't think I've ever seen her sleep on the floor.

Leo never sleeps in the bed. I've tried a couple of times but he only cuddles for a few minutes and then goes back into the livingroom to get some real sleep.

Lexi_Lover
07-22-2005, 10:17 PM
EEE....I hate to talk about this now, because Lexi won't be with me tonight! :(

But she usually sleeps anywhere on the queen-sizd bed with me, usually beside me while I pet her, it gets us all to sleep.

Chica
07-23-2005, 09:26 AM
Here is a GET WELL SOON, to LEXI from CHICA!

senorita02
07-24-2005, 09:25 AM
We have a King size bed for my boyfirend and I, and he doesnt like them to sleep with us, sooo i bought a twin bed and decided me and the dogs would sleep together in that, well it worked for a few months until i couldnt move,LOL The two of them take up the entire bed! , so i moved back to the king, and left the twin to them with their sheets and all, they LOVE IT, they can gaze out the window while lying in their bed, that thing is there home, LOL
But I WILL sneak them in the king once in a while for snuggles.

Kfmar, how on earth do u manage a twin with 3 big babies??
I tried with these two and their was literally no room for me, unless i wanted to be suffocated by 2 giant doggies in my sleep , LOL
Do any of them Snore?? That was another problem mine both snore soooo loud! Hahah
Sometimes i can still hear it from my bedroom.