PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to introduce......

catnapper
07-21-2005, 05:09 PM
I brought home a special kitty tonight!

Harry and Abby had to check out all the new smells
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/sunroof2.jpg

I am not sure, but I think Harry just might be too large for this carrier.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/sunroof.jpg

So just who did I bring home tonight???

are you ready?

Meet the new, improved, CAST FREE Angeleyes!!!!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/nocast.jpg

Yes folks, Miss Angel has healed!!!! Completely! The sad thing is that two of the bones in her toes have fused together from being compressed for so long inside the cast. But the vet feels it won't hold her back or stop her at all. Right now, its much smaller than the other paw (hard to tell here) and she's walking around holding it up in the air. I'm sure its because she's been used to the splinted bandages and now that its so much smaller, she's not sure what to do.

The bad news is that they found NOTHING in her fecals. But the vet agrees that it sounds odd that all 6 cats have the same runny poop, so she dosed out Panacur for everyone. I'm looking forward to 5 days of liquid dosing of 6 cats. She wants me to bring in fecals of at least 3 or 4 of them Monday morning and they'll send it out to a lab. She said it sounds like I'm doing everything right and it doesn't sound normal. In the meantime, I'll pray the Panacur works.

Now the worst new of all: the realization that now she'll be ready for adoption fairly soon. It hit like a knife in my heart. I am going to have a hard time letting her go - much harder than I ever thought.

jenluckenbach
07-21-2005, 06:30 PM
That sure was an unexpected outcome when the last visit they said the bone wasn't growing. I am so glad that she won't need any surgery. YIPPEE!!! Keep us posted on how she is about walking on the leg. Probably feels pretty strange right now.

I think Harry looks like a giraffe in that carrier!! (LOL) But, cute as ever!

moosmom
07-21-2005, 07:49 PM
What a beautiful little girl she is!!!! I'm sure she'll get a great home, Kim.

catmandu
07-21-2005, 08:07 PM
I THINK,THAT AFTER EVERYTHING,THAT YOU HAVE GONE THROUGH,WITH ANGEL EYES,THAT SHE IS ATTACHED,TOO YOU,AND YOUR CATS,PRETTY DEEPLY,AND I HOPE THAT ANGELEYES,IS A KEEPER,AS YOU WOULD MISS,THAT LITTLE HEROIC CAT,TOO MUCH.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture113.jpg

kuhio98
07-21-2005, 08:12 PM
Awww, Angeleyes is adorable. She is growing into a beautiful girl. After Pepper got her cast off, it took her a while to realize she could bear weight on her leg. I'm sure Angeleyes will figure it out soon. I hope her fused toes don't cause her any problems. Probably won't slow her down at all! :D

Shady
07-21-2005, 09:46 PM
She's a beauty.

How bitter/sweet the circumstances are...good that she's progressing, sad that means she's ready to go. :( That would break my heart.

lisalee
07-21-2005, 09:51 PM
Aww, what a gorgeous baby!! I understand how hard it will be to let her go though. I hope she finds a wonderful forever home soon! :)

finn's mom
07-21-2005, 11:54 PM
Oh, my gosh, she's so beautiful. I even tried convincing my mother she needed two kittens. But, after Dusty, I don't know that my mom will ever have another cat.

krazyaboutkatz
07-22-2005, 01:35 AM
I'm so glad to hear that Angeleyes finally got her cast taken off.:D I know it will be sad to see her go to her new home but then you'll have room for another new foster. Hopefully the rest of your gang will recover soon and that the meds will help them. Good luck.:)

Sonia59
07-22-2005, 05:00 AM
Angeleyes is a beauty! I'm sure she will find a good home because you will take good care of it!

furrykidsmother
07-22-2005, 07:20 AM
Sweet little Angeleyes!! How nice it is to see you without your cast. I think she has already found a home with you.

Hope the meds do the trick!!

momcat
07-22-2005, 10:54 AM
Congratulations on losing that cast, Angeleyes! It must feel good to not have it on anymore. Right now I have a green one on my left wrist and can't wait for my white coat to take it off. Now you can run and play like all the other kitties. Here's hoping that you and all your fursibs feel better soon and the medicine works. Lots of lovebug for you, pretty kitty!!!!!

Mad Mags Moo
07-22-2005, 04:31 PM
Hello Miss Angeleyes...you are even more beautiful with a cast free paw!!!! :D

janelle
07-22-2005, 04:47 PM
AWWW she is so cute. I broke my ankle once and it feels like it can be hurt again when they take the cast off. Like it's fragile since the big plaster isn't there to protect it and it needs therapy to get strong again. Angel will get plenty of that when she starts to run around again.