PDA

View Full Version : Quit my job

Tonya
07-21-2005, 03:45 PM
Hey, everyone. I haven't talked to you all in a while. I know that quite a bit of you have followed my drama at work. You all have been very supportive in the past. Anyways, I just want to let you all know that after 7 1/2 years of hell, I quit my job. Today was my last day.

I have a pending lawsuit right now, so my lawyer had advised that I quit before ^#@% hits the fan. I needed to anyways, I was starting to have panic attacks every morning when I turned into the company parking lot.

It's a scary move, but I think that I did the right thing. I got my real estate license, so I'm starting at Prudential on August 1st. Wish me luck!

carole
07-21-2005, 03:48 PM
Tonya I feel relieved for you, it has been nothing but hell from what you have told us at your work, stress you just do not need in your life, you are a strong,intelligent, sweet lady and I know you will do exceptionally well in whatever venture you undertake,I wish you all the best for your future, and I hope all is well with your family, and that only good times are ahead once this lawsuit is over and done with.HUGS.:)

wolflady
07-21-2005, 04:42 PM
Gosh, I'm glad that you got away from that job, Tonya. No job is worth that much stress. **hugs**
I hope everything goes well with your new Real Estate career ahead! Let us know how it goes :)

**hugs**
Karen

beeniesmom
07-21-2005, 05:00 PM
Good for you!
I had to endure a similar situation of hell with one of my jobs (stayed almost 8 years too).
I am much happier now and I'm sure you will be happier too!
Good luck with the new job!

catnapper
07-21-2005, 05:20 PM
Wow Tonya! Congrats on the real estate license! You'll do great! BIG Congrats on leaving that horrific job!

joycenalex
07-21-2005, 07:40 PM
good for you! from the past posts, it's been hell for a long time. when you're a famous rich realtor will you still write us? tee-hee:p

moosmom
07-21-2005, 07:42 PM
Tonya,

I've followed your posts from the beginning and I'm SURE it's a big relief for you not to have to go back to that hell hole.

Hang tough, girl. I'm rooting for you.

jesse_3
07-21-2005, 07:53 PM
I didn't really look in General a lot, so I guess I missed the posts..I am glad that you are out of there! Congrats!-That is a HUGE step up for you:)

I hope your job goes GREAT!!!!!! Steph and Jes

Karen
07-21-2005, 08:07 PM
Congratulations!!!!!! I am so happy for you that you are OUT of there. And starting a whole new field, a new wrkplace, a new everything! Sounds perfect, and we are sure you'll do well, and that Tyler and Jaden will appreciate having a less-stressed Momma around, too.

KYS
07-21-2005, 08:38 PM
Congratulations on getting your real estate license!
With the high costs of houses in CA you should
do very well.

popcornbird
07-21-2005, 09:04 PM
Congrats on getting out of that job! Real estate is a REALLY good business...in California especially, so hopefully you'll do great!

Hey....how's Tyler doing? Don't us PT'ers get to see pics of him? How old is he now? He's the only PT baby we're being deprived of. ;)

krazyaboutkatz
07-22-2005, 01:12 AM
Tonya, I'm glad that you finally quit your job. Now you'll be much more stress free and happier.:) The real estate market is great right now so I'm sure that you'll do well. Good luck.:)

Oggyflute
07-22-2005, 01:37 AM
I have a feeling you will go just fine with your new business, well done Tonya.:)