PDA

View Full Version : What do ya make of this???

Bigyummydog
07-21-2005, 12:06 PM
Kevin found this in a catalog, and just couldn't get over it.
What do you think?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/bigyummydog/07-21-12.jpg

GoldenLuv
07-21-2005, 12:08 PM
ROTFLMAO:D

lv4dogs
07-21-2005, 12:09 PM
I think it is kind of dumb.

Now if they made it more durable and made it to where you can saftely contain a pet, like an actual pet carrier on wheels that would be alright, especially for people that can not lift their animals.

I've seen other types of pet strollers, some are $300.00. Thats insane!

luvofallhorses
07-21-2005, 12:11 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/lol/5.gif Cute :)

kittycats_delight
07-21-2005, 12:16 PM
My girls don't go outside at all. So that is a great way for them to get fresh air and outside without the dangers of cars hitting them or coming into contact with diseases of some sort. I would use it. And it's a great price. Most are super expensive. And that one looks like it should hold up nice if your pet is not a digger and does dig at the material.

Chilli
07-21-2005, 12:16 PM
What will they come up with next? :rolleyes:

Personally, I think its pointless for on a walk. Especially if you live where a walk is the only way your dog gets exercise (like here). The only reason I would see for someone to use it would be if their pet was disabled and couldn't walk without it hurting.

But then again, when taking a cat to the vet, they usually (at least mine do) get scared and its not wise to try to hold them. A regular pet taxi does the job, though.

Whoever invented this must be getting some money, though, so... congradulations for them! :D

Kfamr
07-21-2005, 12:17 PM
I could see it working for a cat, but for a dog (more specifically, my dogs)? No way!

Jadapit
07-21-2005, 12:20 PM
I have seen that before. I'm with Kevin i couldnt get over it either.
You should have seen the stuff on the site i saw that on. They even had canopy beds for the dogs. They were cute but the price was out of this world. Can you imagine putting Jada or Maximus in one of those?;) The looks we would get.:p

JenBKR
07-21-2005, 12:26 PM
I saw that in LTD. It's cute, but not for me. Roscoe would NEVER fit! The kitty cats don't like the outside AT ALL.

Bigyummydog
07-21-2005, 12:28 PM
I had an image in my head of MAXIMUS looking at me saying.......
"I'm not gettin' in there"

I do see the cat thing though.......vet trips and all.

It was in LTD. I got my new catalog yesterday.

ParNone
07-21-2005, 12:30 PM
It's a lil' too small for the Collies. For long walks it'd probably be good for Murph, but I doubt he'd stay in it. Impossible to pee on trees from there. :)

It would have been great for Maddie though. It looks more comfortable then the back pack I use to haul her around in and I've no doubt she wouldn't have jumped out. The question though would be whether I'd have been too embarassed to push her around in it, out in public. ;)

Les...

tikeyas_mom
07-21-2005, 12:33 PM
sorry but that is the saddest idea i have ever seen.. whatever happened to dogs walking on a lead?? :rolleyes:

beeniesmom
07-21-2005, 12:35 PM
I've seen those before.... but I don't get the point of them.
It's cute.... :confused:

Suki Wingy
07-21-2005, 01:16 PM
I have seen several different styles! I was actually considering one when we almost adopted an english bulldog puppy last year, for long walks in the heat when NiƱo would want to keep going and Baron would need a rest.

vinjashira
07-21-2005, 01:40 PM
I don't think we need one but I can see some use of it like kittycats_delight and Suki Wingi pointed out.

mruffruff
07-21-2005, 01:49 PM
They work great for dogs with medical conditions. Walk awhile, ride awhile, etc.

And Shirrahbed on the cat side has one so she can take her cats out for a stroll. She gets the exercise, the cats get the exposure.

Not useless or silly in my book. I would have loved to have one for my blind dog. He could go for walks, but we never got anywhere. He was always sniffing in a small circle while the other dog was trying to go straight down the road.

Bambi_Babe
07-21-2005, 01:50 PM
I find that preey dumb.......first of all you talk pets on a walk so they can get excersie...whats the point when they are not even walking?

finn's mom
07-21-2005, 02:18 PM
I think it would be good for days when you might be outside for long periods of time with a dog who can't walk a lot. i can see how it would benefit some people and pets.

ParNone
07-21-2005, 02:31 PM
Hummmm as someone who had a disabled dog, I don't view it as a bad idea at all. Maybe we need to try thinking outside the box a lil' and not get so pigeoned holed in our own situations.

Par...

kittycats_delight
07-21-2005, 02:57 PM
Is there a website for this company where I can get a catalog?

JenBKR
07-21-2005, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by kittycats_delight
Is there a website for this company where I can get a catalog?

www.ltdcommodities.com

Usually you have to order through a company I think. We do it through work.

JenBKR
07-21-2005, 03:08 PM
Although, come to think of it, my parents' neighbor just made up a company name and had the stuff shipped to her house. It says in the catalog that you have to order three of some things, but you really don't.

kittycats_delight
07-21-2005, 03:09 PM
The company wouldn't be the problem. The fact we are not in the U.S. is. :( So many get things we can't get in on.

JenBKR
07-21-2005, 03:11 PM
Ooh, I guess I assumed that wouldn't be a problem. That sucks! :(

Christiansmommy
07-21-2005, 03:11 PM
I have seen them before too. Maybe a good idea for a cat...a nice stroll to the mail box, or a walk around the neighborhood...but who knows, thay may stress an indoor kitty out a bit...if they aren't used to the sites and sounds outside.

We just started obedience school for Harlee, and I can see our trainer saying, and it is true, some people mistake their furkids for human kids. Now don't get me wrong, I adore Harlee and my cats, as does my trainer ( her rhodesians live in the house with her and are spolied)...but there is a point when you have to draw the line and realize that your dog is a dog and not a small human child. :)

I think the dog would rather be walking beside the human instead, anyway :)

Just my 2 cents. :)

kittycats_delight
07-21-2005, 03:13 PM
Thanks for your help Jen. It does suck though. Big Time. :p

JenBKR
07-21-2005, 03:21 PM
No problem. I'm kind of surprised that they won't ship to Canada. Maybe high shipping costs? Or trouble going over the border? Who knows

dogzr#1
07-21-2005, 04:30 PM
If you take a chihuahua and a big dog for a walk maybe the chi can stay in the stroller while someone else (or yourself) can walk the big dog (s). I know that will work for me because when we do take walks I usually have to carry Prince the way back because he is to tired to walk anymore. If we had that stroller we could continue walking but Prince can still enjoy the fresh air. Just my opinion.:)

Monica

My Peanuts
07-21-2005, 06:19 PM
RB Angie used to love to be pushed around on the computer chair. Now Morty loves it. That would be my only use for it.

finn's mom
07-21-2005, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by ParNone
Hummmm as someone who had a disabled dog, I don't view it as a bad idea at all. Maybe we need to try thinking outside the box a lil' and not get so pigeoned holed in our own situations.

Par...

VERY well said.

cali
07-21-2005, 08:54 PM
for cats its fine, but for dogs...well it sort of defeats the purpose of walking the dog lol

cyber-sibes
07-21-2005, 09:41 PM
:eek:
OK, when I first saw it, I thought "ridiculous!", but if I had an injured dog, I guess it beats carrying him around! of course, it would have to be a small dog........;)

finn's mom
07-21-2005, 11:26 PM
I still think it's a great idea for dogs that want to be outside, in the fresh air, but, maybe aren't fit enough to really walk a lot. Or older dogs with arthritis or whatever, it would be a great thing to have for ailing or old dogs. I think it would be cool for cats, too, but, equally great for dogs.

Oggyflute
07-22-2005, 02:02 AM
Well my three would look upon it as a challenge to destroy.:rolleyes: :D

Twisterdog
07-22-2005, 07:52 AM
My dogs would eat this in 30 seconds. They would NOT want to ride in this - they would want to walk and pee and sniff.

I guess it's a good thing for old or injured dogs, though.

finn's mom
07-22-2005, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Oggyflute
Well my three would look upon it as a challenge to destroy.:rolleyes: :D

Finn would definitely be uninterested in it as a means of transportation. ;) But, my old dog Bruno would have loved it on a hot day!

Christiansmommy
07-22-2005, 08:04 AM
Yeah, for an older dog, I can see it as a good thing for sure.

finn's mom
07-22-2005, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Christiansmommy
Yeah, for an older dog, I can see it as a good thing for sure.

Or maybe even a smaller dog that just had surgery or is ill or something. At least they'd be outdoors.

wolfsoul
07-22-2005, 09:18 AM
I think it's a great idea. Some people can't walk their cats, and some people have disabled dogs. I'll bet that "no pets allowed" places might consider letting a pet in one of these inside.

My Peanuts
07-22-2005, 03:38 PM
Ok, I just thought of another really great use for it & I'd consider buying it now. Harley can walk for miles and miles because he's a JRT. Morty can walk a lot but not as much as Harley. Sylvia can only walk for about a block or two because she's a Pug and she gets overheated and can't breathe well, but she cries if I leave her home (my dad told me). If I had that I could let Sylvia rest and let Harley and Morty walk. Then after she was rested I could put her back on the leash.

Muddy4paws
07-22-2005, 04:49 PM
lmao.. That reminds me of my old next door neighbour she had a gorgeous little shitzu called Molly and when my baby brother was still in a push chair she used to jump up on his lap for a cuddle, it was supposed to be her walk to school lol