PDA

View Full Version : Benny, a (senior) cuddle boy

C.C.'s Mom
02-22-2002, 10:10 AM
This is Benny, my friend's dog. He's 13 years old and both she and I are completely head-over-heals in love with this guy. The thing is, nobody else seems to be... Is it just us, or is he really something special that makes other hearts skip beats too?

Benny got rescued from a shelter at the age of 11 and lives with his doggie-sister Minka (also 13) and his mommy & daddy. He's part of the group that meets every morning for walks (although he usually follows somewhere far behind because he can't really keep up anymore).

http://www.photogra.com/galleries/34793/curr/8607578_20020222_105426_20020222105426.jpg
Benny in his basket. Look at the floppy ear and huge belly

http://www.photogra.com/galleries/34793/curr/2756313_20020222_105736_20020222105736.jpg

Any comments will be shown to Benny's mom of course!

DoggiesAreTheBest
02-22-2002, 10:50 AM
I think Benny is so cute! How could you not fall in love? I just want to give him lots of higs and kisses on his sweet furry face!

mruffruff
02-22-2002, 11:28 AM
He's adorable! How could anyone not love him?

His tummy looks like mine. Must be an "old" thing. LOL

Mary

Albea
02-22-2002, 12:31 PM
Benny is a beautiful "senior" gentleman. He doesn't look at all to be 13. How wonderful of your friend to give him such a great life in his golden years. Hugs and belly rubbs to Benny from this admirer:)

ilovehounds
02-22-2002, 01:23 PM
Ohh he is so sweet, I of course LOVE those floppy ears :D Big hugs and hound dog kisses.

Former User
02-22-2002, 01:24 PM
Awww, what a cute bundle of fur Benny is, so adorable! :)

Crikit
02-22-2002, 05:29 PM
awww he's a cutie, don't know how people couldn't fall in love with him.

tatsxxx11
02-22-2002, 06:19 PM
For me, there is nothing more beautiful, more precious, than the sight of a stunning senior canine like Benny. Their loving eyes and soft expressions reflect so poignantly their wisdom, their grace, their years of love and deep devotion to their humans. I can honestly say I've never met a dog I didn't think was beautiful. Their beauty is not judged by what one sees on the outside, but rather by the raidant spirit that shines from within. How anyone could fail to see Benny for the beautiful boy that he is, is blind. Love and kisses to you precious Benny. YOU ARE one beautiful boy! May you revel in the warmth, love and adoration of your forever familly! (AND my heart definitely skipped a beat!:))

lizbud
02-22-2002, 06:19 PM
C.C.'s Mom,

Your friend's dog Benny is a cuddle boy for sure..
I love his sweet, intelligent face !!! Does he really
have a 'belly' on him, it's hard to tell from the pictures.
He looks like a big ole Sweetie to me...

P.S. I looked up your profile b/c I wanted to address
my response with your given name, then I happened
to see that you have the same birthdate as my
daughter. Another Gemini...YEA !!!

tatsxxx11
02-25-2002, 04:20 PM
Just wanted to bump this up. I don't think Aly got a peek at this beautiful senior boy! Isn't he precious??

aly
02-25-2002, 08:45 PM
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!

He is SOOOOOOOOOOOO gorgeous!!! I am seriously wiping tears from my eyes. What a beautiful, beautiful boy! The look in his eyes is so loving and sends chills up my spine. How wonderful that he still can (almost) keep up with the youngins on the morning walks. I just want to kiss that chubby tummy! What a sweet, precious little guy.

He reminds me so much of my Reece.

evelyn1157
02-25-2002, 10:46 PM
awww!!he looks so adorable and cuddly!

sammi
02-26-2002, 01:35 PM
Benny is very sweet looking. Being that he was a senior when he was rescued he has a look of total content on his face.

Sudilar
02-26-2002, 08:09 PM
I just love those seniors!!!! He is adorable!! What a great rescue story!! :):)

C.C.'s Mom
02-27-2002, 04:01 AM
Thank you all for replying! It's so good to read that you like him too.

Benny has been through a lot of bad times. His daddy died and the family didn't want to keep him because they didn't like a dog that's larger than a Golden Retriever and looks like a poodle. He also barks every now and then and likes to walk around with his tennis ball. That wasn't what the family wanted.

My friend rescued him, he settled down pretty good, and is now a very happy and content teddy bear. Since we don't know his breed, we decided that he's a Siberian Cuddle Bunny :)

Benny was very overweight because his former dad fed him junk food. Now he's still a bit big, but healthy for his age and is still able to run every now or then when he comes to greet me or steel Yummies out of my pockets :D

I'm giving these posts to my friend, who thanks you all for replying.

RachelJ
02-27-2002, 07:17 AM
Add one more person to the *love's Benny* brigade. He sounds like a wonderful dog.