PDA

View Full Version : I'm back:)

02-22-2002, 09:59 AM
Hey everyone.... just thought I would update you on the happenings.

I now live in Illinois. Just moved here this weekend. Lexi and Maddie are with me. I tried to rehome her in AZ but couldn't find anything. So, we are looking for a home up here for her. Lexi is adjusting just great. Maddie is not... she REFUSES to go potty outside. She goes in the house every single day!!!!

They were great on the 33 hour road trip... because mommy got tranqualizers from the vet! HAHAHAHA! I'm not stupid! They were just gentle and safe tranqs that worked great. The dogs have been so uprooted in the last 3 months and to add a 33 hour road trip into the mix might have sent them and us over the edge! They were so quiet I forgot they were back there sometimes. But they were just fine when we stopped to let them out for potty breaks..... then they would just get back in the truck and go to sleep! It really helped them out too.... they didn't seem stressed at all, even in the new house - other than Maddie's potty problems.

Anyway, they seem to be just fine in the cold weather too. It is so cute to see them running outside and watch their breath come out of their mouths! I know, I'm silly, but it looks so cute! I'm not used to that.

All in all we are doing great and look forward to making a new life for ourselves:)

I have a lot of catching up to do and I don't know how far I will get so if anyone can give me a quick run-down that would be great!!!!

Happy Birthday to any human and fur-kid that have had birthdays recently and I hope everyone is healthy and happy:)

Kfamr
02-22-2002, 10:11 AM
YaY! Angel, this is kayann bye the way, and well does this mean youll be back on aim?!!?!?

DoggiesAreTheBest
02-22-2002, 10:41 AM
Angel, I am glad you had a safe trip up to IL. Those tranqs work like a miracle, don't they! I am sorry to hear that Maddie is having a hard time settling in. Hope the pottY problem will be over soon!

Welcome back to Pet Talk. I know everyone missed you!

Stenograsaurus
02-22-2002, 11:08 AM
Welcome back. I was wondering where you've been!!!

Logan
02-22-2002, 12:25 PM
Welcome "home", Angel. I hope your move has been smooth and that are happy in your new home (something tells me you are :o ). I say "just tell it like it is". I don't go often, but I have read "Beyond Pet Talk" enough to know where you are exactly! LOL!

Give those cross country girls a hug from me. I do wish you could get Maddie adjusted and keep her with you. Another new home sounds scary to me, so I know she would be even more upset.

Welcome back!

Logan

02-22-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Welcome "home", Angel. I hope your move has been smooth and that are happy in your new home (something tells me you are :o ). I say "just tell it like it is". I don't go often, but I have read "Beyond Pet Talk" enough to know where you are exactly! LOL!

Give those cross country girls a hug from me. I do wish you could get Maddie adjusted and keep her with you. Another new home sounds scary to me, so I know she would be even more upset.

Welcome back!

Logan

ha ha ha..... well, um...er... BUSTED! :o The story will come out soon enough Logan. You should say hi when you are on the board. We would all love to hear from you:D

Sudilar
02-22-2002, 06:34 PM
Welcome back! Can't wait to hear your story!

*LabLoverKEB*
02-22-2002, 07:27 PM
Welcome back, Angel!!! We missed you! I soo happy, that you had a safe trip! Can't wait to hear your story!

Love,
Sarah & Sadie

shais_mom
02-22-2002, 07:54 PM
Angel's back in the HOUSE!

Cool!

Got your email, can't wait to hear from ya!

RachelJ
02-22-2002, 08:44 PM
Hi Angel. Welcome to Illinois. Just thought you might like to know the International Kennel Club is having their benched dog show this weekend (23rd and 24th) in Chicago at McCormick Place North. Agility demonstrations and a bunch of other stuff too. This is a marvelous event. I went once quite a few years ago. http://www.ikcdogshow.com/

I wish I would have thought of it sooner, it would have made a nice location for the Illinois contingent to meet up. Well, maybe next year. If you ever get out to the western 'burbs, let me know.

aly
02-22-2002, 11:52 PM
AAAAAAaaaaaaaaannnnnngggggggeeeeeeeellllllllll!!!! !!!!

C'mon, tell them before I accidently spill the beans!!! *mrmph mrph mrmphhhh* Ahh there I said it with my hand over my mouth :D

sammi
02-23-2002, 05:42 AM
Angel, Welcome back and can't wait to hear your tale! I have tried to find out where you were but nobody would take the bait and tell me. I think your friends are true to you. Lurking at Beyond pet talk on occasion I had a good idea what was happening. Hope all is going well for you and your doggies!:cool:

AdoreMyDogs
02-23-2002, 06:07 AM
Angel, I missed you SOOOO much! I can't wait to hear more from you, and the suspence is killing me :) I did sign up with "For The Love Of Dogs" but I just have not been visiting much.

I am sorry to hear about Maddie going potty in the house. She must be freaked out by the move and all the stress. I hope she'll eventually get over it and realize the great outdoors isn't all that bad.

Anyway, it's super great to have you back.

Sudilar
02-23-2002, 08:23 AM
Welllllllllllllllll, will you be telling us any time soon?????????? Or can I go ahead and do my weekend chores without running to the 'puter every 5 minutes to see if "the cat is out of the bag" so to speak! HAHA! Truly, welcome back. Never thought you'd move so close to me!

Yes, we Illinois, Michigan and close-by states people should have a meeting too, just like "those others".............(read: jealous)! HA!

jackiesdaisy1935
02-23-2002, 09:40 AM
Hi Angel, so many changes in your life, but I am so happy to see you back here where you belong. I'm hoping the move and the changes are all for the better for you. I'm so sorry to hear about Maddie, she must be so confused and not understanding what is going on. Good luck to you in your move and I hope it all works out for you and Maddie too.
Jackie

purrfectpaws
02-24-2002, 06:44 PM
OK ~ Yes, I am a bit shocked and what a change from what you had here. Ok, what is this Beyond Pet Talk!! am I missing something? Did you post the whole story on there cause if you did I want the scoop too.Please someone or Doggiemom fill me in.
Yes Angel, I am still at the Mesa Marketplace over in C Row. It's so huge there it's real easy to miss just about anyone there. People used to go up and down the isles looking for me to get a pet mat. Augghhh they need a directory or something.
We went to the Great Fountain Hills Fair today and that place is like it's own little and expensive community. I can't believe how high that fountain spurts up in the air. Amazing!!! The vendors there are quite amazing too. I have gotten myself into another home project that is making me some money and I will tell you all about it at another time. Has nothing to do with pets. There was this guy there taking signatures for the nuetering and spaying of all animals BEFORE they are adopted and if I was a registered voter I would have signed twice on that one. I need to get my but in gear to vote I just don't know where to go around here.
Ok, I'll stop rambling and I will check back on the Beyond PEt Talk to see that post.
Carla