PDA

View Full Version : since we're talking dog food...

IRescue452
07-20-2005, 11:53 PM
I got another surprise the other day. I buy canned food for my dogs and cat as treats and I was surprised a while ago when meow mix came out with a quality cat food. Well now I found Kibbles 'n Bits has a canned food too. It was four for 79cents as a trial pack and its real nice. It actually has slices of meat and veggies that you can identify and when you open the can you don't get a putrid smell like many canned foods, you get a nice spicey aroma. Smells good enough for my dinner. It does list chicken by-products after the listing of beef but I think maybe thats just the gravy because all I could see was slices of beef. I'm liking that the cheaper companies are getting in touch with good pet owners and their food concerns. I think I'm going to write to them about this liking to kinda sorta encourage them along the path to high quality foods.

jesse_3
07-21-2005, 01:19 AM
That is so neat! Jes and Sam only get canned food from Santa Clause though...It is a VERY special treat for them!

finn's mom
07-21-2005, 08:08 AM
Kibbles n bits actually has something healthy on the market? Maybe they should straighten out their dry food, too. Isn't that one of the worst brands on the market? I'd heard it referred to as the candy/junk food of the dog food world.....I don't know, I need to look at a bag and a can to see....I swear I remember seeing it, though.....I'll be the dogs love it, though! Especially if it's like candy! ;)

IRescue452
07-21-2005, 09:10 AM
Oh I'm sure this is like candy to my dogs which is why they only get it as an occasional treat but heck I don't see any bad ingredients in it so they are making progress toward better food.

beeniesmom
07-21-2005, 09:23 AM
I've given the canned kibbles and bits to Beenie before and she seems to like it.
I don't give it to her often. Maybe once a month.
The problem with her is that she really likes variety. She won't eat the same thing two days in a row. Picky little thing.