PDA

View Full Version : Just when you think you know your dog....

Fox-Gal
07-20-2005, 06:27 PM
It changes in a blink of an eye.

Around 1996 my grandmother sent me a birthday gift, a soft white big teddy bear with a check taped in it's arms. Shortly after that she passed and sense then that teddy bear has meant the world to me. It has always sat on the floor of my room, on a little bench. Over the years it's not as white as it use to be and age has shown, but I still love that teddy, it's the last gift she ever she sent me.

There's a reason I told this story......Brandy who has never had interest in toys decided today, to change her years of ways. :eek: ...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/Trouble-friends/Brandyeatingearofteddy.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/Trouble-friends/Brandyeatingbearleg.jpg

She now has claimed the teddy as her own. :eek:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/Trouble-friends/Brandygaurdingteddybear.jpg

In the blink of an eye, Brandy has become a Toy dog. Problem is, it's my toy, not the dogs toys. She carried that teddy bear off it's bench and into the other room, thinking she was hiding it from me. She knows, that's mommy's toy.

Bigyummydog
07-20-2005, 06:34 PM
Well, she tried. I'm sure she'd be willing to
share it with you. :p Have you tried giving
her a smaller version of your big bear?
She'd probably give you the smaller one, huh?

DJFyrewolf36
07-20-2005, 06:44 PM
Silly puppy!! My moms dog, Twilight ignores stuffed animals/toys until she KNOWS for sure that it isn't meant for her!

Dogs can be such dorks sometimes ;) but of course thats why we love em!

Cute pix, and a sweet story about your grandmother too. :)

Fox-Gal
07-20-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Bigyummydog
Well, she tried. I'm sure she'd be willing to
share it with you. :p Have you tried giving
her a smaller version of your big bear?
She'd probably give you the smaller one, huh?

You see those other toys, in the background, those are just some of the toys I gave her, that was my attempt to swap with her. Ha, that was a joke, she is now sleeping on the teddy bear. :mad:

dukedogsmom
07-20-2005, 07:13 PM
That is so cute. I'm sure you don't mind letting Brandy borrow it. When I was first reading it, I was picturing a shredded bear :eek: So, I'm glad that's not the case. Those are some cute pics.

Fox-Gal
07-20-2005, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
When I was first reading it, I was picturing a shredded bear :eek:

Give her time, it's only been a day. That's a big bear for a little thing like her, this could be a long slow death. :eek:

of course as soon as she walks away from it, it's mine again. hehe.

captain
07-20-2005, 11:16 PM
Oh Dear!

I have some bears that are MINE MINE MINE.
But I know, one day Captain will decide (because he LOVES BEARS), that they should belong to him, and take them down, one by one.

Good Luck!!

jennifert9
07-20-2005, 11:22 PM
You are lucky the bear lasted as long as it did!! :D I "used" to have my own special bears but that didn't last long...
As soon as Duncan felt that I was "ignoring" him (on the computer, sleeping, using the facilities...;)) he claimed them...even going so far as to drag them off shelves almost 6 feet high!!!
Living with a man and a dog, nothing is your own! ;) :D

finn's mom
07-20-2005, 11:27 PM
How adorable. :)

jesse_3
07-20-2005, 11:55 PM
Oh no! Brandy, you silly girl! That is mommy's, not yours!

I hope that you can find a way to get your big bear back...I'm sure that Brandy is just jealous!!!!;):D

Steph and Jes

Oggyflute
07-21-2005, 02:31 AM
She know's a good bear when she see's it.

chocolatepuppy
07-21-2005, 05:02 AM
That's cute! The bear 'used' to be mommy toy! :D

Jadapit
07-21-2005, 09:59 AM
:D How cute! She looks so proud of herself in the third picture.

vinjashira
07-21-2005, 01:46 PM
wow I've never seen a live-size teddy.. no wonder your dog loves it :D

beeniesmom
07-21-2005, 01:55 PM
hehehehe:D

Bambi_Babe
07-21-2005, 01:56 PM
lol how cute...she will share...hopefully

Fox-Gal
07-21-2005, 04:28 PM
I claimed my bear back!!!

It's now on top of my dresser and Brandy's out of luck. If she can manage to get up there to get it, then she earned the right to keep it. But till then it's mine.

Leaving in a little bit, to go buy her, her own bear. Watch, as soon as I get her, her own bear, she will go back to not wanting toys. But, Grandma's bear is off limits from now on.

dogzr#1
07-21-2005, 04:39 PM
Well be thankful she wasn't a big dog. Your bear could've been long gone. Glad you got it back!

LeahMM
07-21-2005, 04:40 PM
That bear is huge and your puppers is adorable. I can't leave stuffed anything around. Bozy would have had that thing destuffed in a matter of minutes.

luvofallhorses
07-21-2005, 04:44 PM
That is so cute :)

Ginger's Mom
07-21-2005, 05:38 PM
Glad you got your bear back. But you are right, she isn't going to want her own bear. That bear has been sitting there looking at her for years and she has been planning her mode of attack on him. A strange bear just wouldn't be as much fun.:p