RICHARD
07-20-2005, 06:09 PM
OH my......we went from thursday to thursday-

JUST LIKE THAT!!!!

LOLOLOLOL.

I was blind for the last ten minutes...

Leaky eye syndrome.

--------------------------

I want to tell all of you that got your hands on a slushie, this past week that the mix and booze in the drinks is rather boring......

It's the people around you that make the drink magic.

--------------------------

Mario was left at Gini's house.....so he will be home late...

God willing and the creek don't rise.....

There is still more magic to be had at the CA BBQ Thread...so some back after you all check that out.

:D

DJFyrewolf36
07-20-2005, 06:31 PM
Yay, Thursdays is open!!!

I missed you guys. I hope next year I'll be able to make it to the CA BBQ.

Random Joke:

Whats the last thing on a bugs mind when it hits a car windshield...

Its butt :D

Did I earn a slushie for that groaner?

dukedogsmom
07-20-2005, 07:03 PM
Hurray! Now we can have our Thursdays again. I am going to get to next year's meeting somehow. I'll just plan on that now. I'm glad you all had fun and I've enjoyed looking at all the pics. Just green from envy from the ones that did get to go. Love the Thursday's sign.

mruffruff
07-20-2005, 07:25 PM
I only got 1 Slushy at the party---must be time for another.

Will it cure LES? I've got a bad case.

What will Thursday's be like without Mario? (not sticky, for one thing).

What is the DOD?

Boy I ask a lot of questions!

Mary

dukedogsmom
07-20-2005, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by mruffruff
What is the DOD?Mary
I couldn't find anything to do with friends or Thursday so how about this?

Fireman's Sour
Ingredients:

* 1 1/2 oz Light rum
* 1 1/2 oz Lime juice
* 1/2 oz Grenadine
* 2 oz Club soda
* 1 Orange slice
* 1 Maraschino cherry

Mixing instructions:

In a shaker half-filled with ice cubes, combine the rum, lime juice, and grenadine. Shake well. Strain into a highball glass almost filled with ice cubes. Top with the club soda. Stir well. Garnish with the orange slice and the cherry.
Enjoy!

Lady's Human
07-20-2005, 08:18 PM
I missed all the BBQ fun, I've been working 60 hours a week. (I get a whole THREE days off this month.

Looks like y'all had a great time. The DOTD looks good, barkeep, I'll take one, but are there ANY cherries left?

dukedogsmom
07-20-2005, 08:38 PM
Guess I'm filling in for Richard so one Fireman's Sour coming up. There are cherries but not a lot. We have to keep them a secret from Mario, though. That will be a tough thing to do.

moosmom
07-20-2005, 08:39 PM
Fireman's Sour

Does that include a hunky fireman??? :p:p If it does...HOOK ME UP!!!!

dukedogsmom
07-20-2005, 08:44 PM
I wish it did! I wouldn't be advertising about it, then, though. I would want him all to myself.

RICHARD
07-21-2005, 12:26 AM
Hey ya'll...

Mary You can have anything you want.

Hi Dj!!!

We're Back!!

DDM,
THanks for filling in........I am decompressing....

We had a blast..

LH,

Sorry about your work week...

I'm gonna give you all a group DONE and we can return to our regular programming tomorrrow...

One of the last things that we talked about is the fact that two people got us all together...

Pet Talk Rocks???

I should say so.!!!

PJ's Mom
07-21-2005, 12:38 AM
Hi everyone. I don't usually post in the Thursday thread, but I was hoping I could hang around here for awhile.

It's good to see everyone back safe and sound. :)

gini
07-21-2005, 12:57 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid178/p41fe47efdc5ff98695cae1f1065a9a39/f32be760.jpg

Slick and I came home from the airport, after dropping off Zippy and found Rascal having a serious discussion with Mario.

We asked Rascal what had happened while we were gone.

Fortuntely he had documented all of the events on camera.

more coming!

gini
07-21-2005, 12:59 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid178/p8d7133f8b66623319b90cb1a0eb25209/f32bd21f.jpg

Rascal said he had walked into the den and this is what he found!:o

gini
07-21-2005, 01:00 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid178/p88cd972df4d050e244d3e7f5b2f6ce64/f32bdaa9.jpg

Rascal said that Mario had helped himself to anything that he wanted!

gini
07-21-2005, 01:01 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid178/p8ad2c7ec01ae2a43f5a8de14382ab293/f32bdb0b.jpg

And then................Mario did this!!!:eek: :eek:

gini
07-21-2005, 01:04 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid178/pc7583e7dcf2c3f8e7040f7d9f07d3e57/f32bdb5d.jpg

Rascal said that it got even worse!!

gini
07-21-2005, 01:05 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid178/pd0b2015f274c3ca8a026979d27a1afbb/f32bde38.jpg

So Rascal gave him something to help his "condition"...........

gini
07-21-2005, 01:07 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid178/p637788354088fbab63a5ca6b544141ca/f32bdcdd.jpg

And Rascal gave him a final talking to.........and said "boy, my Mom is going to be really mad at you when she gets home."

Kfamr
07-21-2005, 01:45 AM
Gini, those pictures just gave me the BIGGEST laugh! :D :D :D

Richard, Is there anyway to make a non-alcoholic slushie? I've been dying to try one. 3 more years and i'll try the real thing! :eek:

gini
07-21-2005, 01:52 AM
It is highly possible that our bartender has gone to sleep. Real bartending is a lot harder than cyber bartending! He was pretty tired.

I of course, had a nice long nap so here I am - wide awake!

Sooooo - one non-alcoholic slushie coming right up.

They are good with or without alcohol!!!! I put some extra lime in yours........see how you like it.

Oggyflute
07-21-2005, 02:00 AM
I'm back and I'm thirsty!:D
Gini it looks like Mario got way out of control. Millers & cherries, great combo.:D
Might just settle for a beer I think.

"Mario is not well Possum, he might be better tomorrow though, so you could play with him then.- Er no, he's not hiding behind the cherry jar"

NoahsMommy
07-21-2005, 02:45 AM
Desperately trying to prolong the BEST five days I've had....can I come to Thursday's too??

I hear you have to tell a joke, right?

Here's a joke Zippy's dad told Stace and I. I asked him, when a cattle farm sells cows (for meat :( ), are they dead or alive? He said, that they were alive.

Then I asked if he'd ever eaten cow brains, thinking that you don't waste anything. He told me this:

"No, Kelly, when we were short on money, we'd have the vet come out and put a cow under anesthesia and then amputate a leg...so they wouldn't have to kill a cow."

;) I know its a bit sick, but we thought it was funny!!! He thought I'd fall for it.... ha ha

Can I have a mojito?? I can drink cyberly!! YAY!!! I NEED IT!! Hate the real world right now. :(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-21-2005, 09:22 AM
My gosh!! It's only 9:21 am central time, on Wednesday morning and already we're on 2 pages worth of Thursday #116!! :eek: :eek:

Had to post this before it got to 3 pages, so now I'm off to read what everybody has been up to already this morning. My my what a couple of early risers!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-21-2005, 09:30 AM
Ok, I'm back and sheesh, it looks like the party really has started already - especially for Mario! Loved the one with the ice pack on his head. :D :D :D

Yes, a joke is required and id's need to be shown before alcohol is served, but it sounds like Kay is a good girl and not requesting any....yet....;)

PJ's Mom and Kay, you need to provide a good joke. I heard a good one the other day and I thought it would be perfect for Thursdays.....but of course with my feeble old mind I've completely forgotten it already. :rolleyes:

That Fireman drink sounds yummy! It's a little too early for that yet though....so just a coke for me.

Now I'm off to the BBQ thread to see what's new there. Has Slick made it home? How 'bout Randi & Karen? When is Laurie due back? Gee, I'm starting to sound like Mary. ;) :D

slick
07-21-2005, 09:53 AM
Could I please have a slushie????

If I click my heels three times and close my eyes, do you think I'll be back at Gini's??? :( :confused:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-21-2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by slick
If I click my heels three times and close my eyes, do you think I'll be back at Gini's??? :( :confused:

Only if they are ruby slippers, Slick. ;) I know how you're feeling right now. It's the home again blues. Trust me, you will feel better in a few days....and then we can start planning PT BBQ #4! :D

Here's a slushie and a {{{hug}}}.

RICHARD
07-21-2005, 10:35 AM
Gini,

If Mario gets out of control, I can drive over and help.

Kfamr,

Yes there are virgin slushies.....you don't have to 'drink' to hang out here.

Pjsmom,

You HAVE to post if you want to hang around!

;)

Oggy,

A beer?

DONE!!

T&P...
You will hate me for this.....

I don't have the blues, but I am really loving the fact that the whole affair was a huge success and everyone came and went with relatively no hassles....

Mary, kick me when you see me again??:eek:

Large Coke with 5 ice cubes.....

DONE!

Aw Slick...

Let's get you a slushie some more pictures later this afternoon...
DONE!

NM,

One thing at a time......things will work out...Just think about your support system!!

Mojito....DONE!

momoffuzzyfaces
07-21-2005, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
My gosh!! It's only 9:21 am central time, on Wednesday morning and already we're on 2 pages worth of Thursday #116!! :eek: :eek:

Um, Debbie, this is THURSDAY not Wednesday! You are still having BBQ withdrawl!

Temps heading for the 100s here for the next 4 or 5 days so I'd like four large catnip teas and a large cherry vanilla coke with lots of ice, please? Too hot to eat. They say we are having the hottest summer we've had in years. My response: Well, DUH!!!

Oh, Mario, your Canadian cousin Mario says HI! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-21-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
[color=steelblue][b]Um, Debbie, this is THURSDAY not Wednesday! You are still having BBQ withdrawl!

Oops!! And this morning while I was getting ready for work I kept thinking it was Friday! I think I need a few days off....:rolleyes:

Thanks Richard, and you even remembered the 5 ice cubes - how sweet. :D

catland
07-21-2005, 11:06 AM
Hi everyone - I was busy playing "catch-up" at work the past couple of days.

I'll try not to spill any cyber-drinks on my pants today.
:p

I think our haz-mat guys have been replaced by the firemen:rolleyes:

wolflady
07-21-2005, 11:13 AM
I'd like to pop in for a morning mamosa. Good job bartending at the BBQ's Thursdays Richard! As always, good slushies! :-)

I'm just glad I came home to find out that my insurance company is denying the claim of the guy who rear-ended me. I just hope the idiot doesn't try to take me to court! *sigh*

Bring on a mamosa please!

**hugs**

davidpizzica
07-21-2005, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
Does that include a hunky fireman??? :p:p If it does...HOOK ME UP!!!! How about a sort of hunky groundskeeper!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-21-2005, 01:37 PM
Ok, it's time for a sour fireman for me. :D

RICHARD
07-21-2005, 01:50 PM
Hi Moff,

Fiour large catnip teas and a CVC..DONE!

T&P,

Any bartender worth his (margarita) salt remembers a customers order. And you wouldn't accept the drink with 4 or six cubes....

Let's get you a fireman....

DONE!

Wolflady,

Lets send you some mojo for that claim and a Mimosa???

DONE!

DaVID,
I'll have to find a glass bid enogh for you!!:D

DONE!

catland
07-21-2005, 01:52 PM
Hey bartender - whatever you are serving, can I have another? Also, is that Lindsey's picture that you have framed over the bar.;)

RICHARD
07-21-2005, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by catland
Hey bartender - whatever you are serving, can I have another? Also, is that Lindsey's picture that you have framed over the bar.;)

LOLOLOL,
Sour Fireman! Coming up...

DONE!

Yes that is her picture....That poor girl..little did seh know that shed become fodder for PT gossip!

You have to understand that when you meet or see someone that's in the movie/commercial business they are phony and stuck on themselves......

This gal was golden. She was pleasant, cute and charming.

I am waiting for the day I see her in something on the screen so I can say...

"Hey- I got that gal drunk once..."

:rolleyes: :eek: ;)

gini
07-21-2005, 02:33 PM
That's funny - I can't get my niece to answer her phone..........something about "moved" - "no forwarding phone number" and her roommate went with her????:eek: :eek: :D

RICHARD
07-21-2005, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by gini
That's funny - I can't get my niece to answer her phone..........something about "moved" - "no forwarding phone number" and her roommate went with her????:eek: :eek: :D

LOLOLOL,
Just order a drink, will ya?

gini
07-21-2005, 02:39 PM
One tall fireman please.............hold the ice!!! :D :D

Kfamr
07-21-2005, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

Kfamr,

Yes there are virgin slushies.....you don't have to 'drink' to hang out here.

What exactly is in them? I had a delicious virgin margarita at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville last month. It has a pleasing sour taste. I had a sweet strawberry one as well. :D
Can't wait to eventually be able to try the real thing.

jenluckenbach
07-21-2005, 05:25 PM
<opens door slowly>

tip toes towards a chair......

Thinking about hanging out for a while. Find out there is some sort of rule about telling a joke. Looks like this :eek: Turns around. sneaks back out before anyone can notice. :(

gini
07-21-2005, 05:28 PM
Get back here Jenluckenbach - I saw you.

Now - tell us a joke!

Sit down - put your feet up - make yourself at home........ya gotta make some noise when you enter - otherwise no one will hear you because the place is usually so noisy!

Unfortunately Mario isn't here to greet you and beg cherries today. He was left at my house - and boy oh boy - baby sitting Mario is a whole other story!

davidpizzica
07-21-2005, 05:31 PM
Oops, Jen I caught you sneaking in! Come over to the bar and we'll have a DOTD! RICHARD, le'ts have two groundsk- I mean two firemen for me and Jen!

jenluckenbach
07-21-2005, 05:43 PM
Thanks guys, believe it or not, I am too shy to make "some noise". Cats, I can talk about, but take me out of that element and put me somewhere where people need to be interesting, and I can be a failure. :o

Now, in the real world, I am a water drinker, but a non-alcoholic slushie would be great in this heat! :)

gini
07-21-2005, 05:54 PM
Jen, believe it or not, we drink water here too.........but we have to hide the bottles because Mario likes to get a mouthful and then spit it at us.

We have lots of non-alcoholic drinks - it is the atmosphere and friends that make this place great - not the drinks.

Well - those slushies do have an effect on us.........I can't lie!

NoahsMommy
07-21-2005, 06:58 PM
So freaking nauseas...whatcha got for that, Richard??

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-21-2005, 08:16 PM
Jen!!! I'm so glad you're here! We have a ton of non-alcoholic drinks here, just name your poison....eerrr....I guess it wouldn't be poison without alcohol, but you know what I mean. ;)

As for a joke, yes, they're required for first timers, but just do a google search - that's what I did. ;) (oops, my secret is out)

Kelly, 7-up and soda crackers - DONE! When is your surgery? I sure hope it helps you because it just really bothers me that you are in such pain and discomfort all the time. :(

Back to Jen...have you been following the CA BBQ thread? If so, have you made note of any of Catland's entries? She said the same thing - that she is normally shy and doesn't "do" parties very well! HA! Could have fooled me, she was one of the lives of the party! Trust me, if all else fails somebody will spill wine on your and you'll be the life of the party whether you like it or not. ;)

Really, though, grab that virgin slushie and come sit on the couch for awhile. I've been busy and haven't been able to keep up with all your fosters....come, sit down and relax, before you know it you'll be wandering why you haven't joined us earlier! :D

(Pssst, Gini...it's a good thing Mario is at your house. Just think how awful Jen would feel if Mario noticed a newbie and started throwing cherries....again! ) :rolleyes:

BTW, where is Slick? Slick, I will have no sitting at home by yourself feeling bad because the funs all over! Come join us on the couch....

dukedogsmom
07-21-2005, 08:19 PM
Here's a list of all the surgeries comiing up. Kelly made it so the "me" in it is her. I really hope she can find some relief because it must be horrible to have pain all the time like that. It would be very hard to keep a good outlook on life.

Cyber-sibes: Monday, July 25

Me: Tuesday, July 26

DukeDogsMom's friend, Betty: Wednesday, July 27

Toby's my baby: Thursday, July 28

DukeDogsMom: Monday, August 1

MariaO: October

jenluckenbach
07-21-2005, 08:37 PM
Q. What do you call a cow with no legs?
A: Ground beef.

uhg! even made me groan.

can I actually come in now? My legs are REALLY tired.

NoahsMommy
07-21-2005, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the 7-Up and crackers! It helped already!! :)

OK, now I'll just have some Avian with lime?

Jen, glad to see you here! You're joke was cute! hee hee

Val, thanks for posting that here. :) And Debbie, thanks for your well wishes. I have 4 more days with my diseased intestines...ready to say goodbye to them and "hello" to a healthier future. :)

Kfamr
07-21-2005, 09:52 PM
I wish you lots of luck, Kelly. You deserve a much happier, healthier future! {HUGS}

slick
07-21-2005, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
Q. What do you call a cow with no legs?
A: Ground beef.
uhg! even made me groan.
Can I actually come in now? My legs are REALLY tired.
GROAN!!!!!! :D :D
Jen, welcome to Thursdays. Hee Hee....first it's joining the virtual Thursdays....the next step is a trip to CA for the real Thursdays. :) ;)

I have had trouble focussing on the reality since returning from LA. All I want to do is sleep and I've had a hard time getting back into Pet Talk again. :( So here goes. DONE!
**whew**
That feels better.

One tall fireman please.............hold the ice!!!
Only one????? Richard, I'll take TWO please!!!!:D :D

grybai
07-21-2005, 11:28 PM
Just got off of work- first day back since my nice long California vacation. *sigh* Could definetely use a drink.

But I'm broke; don't have a joke to get in. ;)

I guess I'll just have to head over to Laura's then. She's got a bottle of slick's baileys in her fridge. :D

gini
07-21-2005, 11:38 PM
Alexa, why don't you sneak over to Laura's and snag that bottle of Bailey's and bring it back to Thursdays? Well, Laura could come too................we will cut you some slack on the joke requirement..........we are still kinda groaning over Jen's joke...........hamburger???? But it doesn't matter what kind............we would laugh at anything!

Corinna
07-21-2005, 11:57 PM
Hi all sorry i'm so late I'm really busy at work as my boss quit yesterday now that makes me in charge of 3 stores not 1. Having to find staff as when the boss quit so did her 2 sons. what a headache!!!!!
I need a DLC please.
Looks like I really need to get to the BBQ next year.

zippy-kat
07-22-2005, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by gini
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid178/p8ad2c7ec01ae2a43f5a8de14382ab293/f32bdb0b.jpg

And then................Mario did this!!!:eek: :eek:

*stomps foot, pouts*
MOM! Mario's hanging out in my room...make him leave. Next thing you know, he and the peeps will be living it up and making a mess out of the place.

*laughs* Ok, well, maybe he can stay -- as long as Possum can watch him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Many be-lated Thursday greetings to ya'll. I'm suffering from jet lag supreme (didn't bother me at all on Wednesday but hit me HARD today), so this is just a quick "hello" and "g'night!"

Oggyflute
07-22-2005, 03:37 AM
Funnily enough, Possum does like watching him, don't know if it's the cherries or what?:D

It's Friday night, Carole is going out, so I've an uniterupted view of the cricket.:D

I'll make up some morrocan potatoe wedges, and some honeyed chicken wings. Richard plant your butt on the couch and let me explain about the marvellous game of cricket.

Grab a couple of beers on your way over.:D

gini
07-22-2005, 09:43 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by zippy-kat
[B]*stomps foot, pouts*
MOM! Mario's hanging out in my room...make him leave. Next thing you know, he and the peeps will be living it up and making a mess out of the place.

[QUOTE]

[B][COLOR=purple]

When I told Mario that he had to be put on a plane by himself to go home - he got real quiet and has been sitting on the sofa and hasn't budged since. I think he will behave himself, although the peeps are laughing and laughing at him.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-22-2005, 10:46 AM
When I told Mario that he had to be put on a plane by himself to go home - he got real quiet and has been sitting on the sofa and hasn't budged since. I think he will behave himself, although the peeps are laughing and laughing at him. Come on home, Mario! Possum is waiting for you and so is your Canadian cousin, Mario! We all are in fact.

You know the flight attendants will take great care of you! Just grin at them!:D

We have cherries!!!!!:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-22-2005, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Oggyflute
I'll make up some morrocan potatoe wedges, and some honeyed chicken wings.

Oggy, are you free next July? Just curious because you seriously need to attend next years BBQ! I admint that Don and Terry did a great job with the barbie, but geeze you make some good sounding dishes! :D

Afternoon all. Had the Union auditors in all morning! One who knew what he was doing and one in training, so my work got the extra going over that you really don't want auditors to do. However, they only found 3 minor mistakes - 1 in their favor - two in our favor!

Anyway, I'll have a slushie - green please.

DJFyrewolf36
07-22-2005, 03:45 PM
I need something to cure a sirious case of rampaging depression.

My husband is very sick and the prognosis isn't very good at all. :(

Randi
07-22-2005, 04:41 PM
I should be fast asleep, so I'm not sure what I need right now. :confused: Perhaps a slushie would do wonders - I tried a green and a pink at the BBQ - they were good! I think a green for now to get me to sleep. ;) I better not kick any more red wine around for a while. :rolleyes: (Julie, I'm glad we go it off your pants). Tomorrow, I'd love one of Slick's Baileys with my Starbucks coffee. :D

Yesterday, I fell alseep at 8PM and I could hardly drag myself to the kitchen for some tea. Fister is all over me and is telling me lots of things in a very loud tone!! When he gets his paws out of the USB port, I can start posting some pics on the BBQ thread. ;)

Gini, if you can't find your niece, try ringing the Firebrigade - Phred will know the no. ;) :D

Uhh, I forgot the joke, so .....

I once was on a plane where I was served by an obviously homosexual male
flight attendant. At one point, he bounced over to where I was sitting
and announced "The Captain has asked me to announce that he will be
landing the big scary plane shortly, so if you could just put up your
trays, that would be great."

I did as he had instructed but the woman sitting next to me did not. A
few moments later, our flight attendant came back and said to her: "Ma'am,
perhaps you couldn't hear me over the big scary engine, but I asked you
to please put up your tray so that the captain can land the plane."

She still wouldn't comply. Now he was getting angry and asked her again
to put up the tray.

She then calmly turned to him and said: "In my country, I am called a
princess. I take orders from no one."

Our flight attendant replied: "Oh yeah? Well in MY country, I'm called
a queen and I outrank you, bitch, so put the tray up!"

gini
07-22-2005, 04:55 PM
I think Richard is taking a day off............in this heat!

Great joke Randi - here's an ice cold green slushie for you!

DJFyre................you can have anything you want here...........but just remember that we are all good friends and you can't duck out on us - even for a minute. We will be keeping tabs on you to make sure you are alright. And here's a huge hug to go with your drink!

jenluckenbach
07-22-2005, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
I need something to cure a sirious case of rampaging depression.

My husband is very sick and the prognosis isn't very good at all. :(
I am not sure what would cure depression, but some {{{{HUGS}}} are always available.

What is wrong with your husband??? I am so sorry to here the outlook is bleak, but try to keep the faith.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-22-2005, 05:05 PM
Good one, Randi! :D :D Fister, out with the paws, we need pictures!!

DJ, Mario is usually good for putting a smile on our faces, so how 'bout Gini sends him to you? Or is he already on the plane being sent somewhere else? That monkey sure gets around. ;)

I'm about done for the week, so everyone have a great weekend! That includes you DJ! At least you'll be able to be home with your husband instead of stressing at work,

Ta ta! <she says as she grabs another green slushie on the way out>

DJFyrewolf36
07-22-2005, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
I am not sure what would cure depression, but some {{{{HUGS}}} are always available.

What is wrong with your husband??? I am so sorry to here the outlook is bleak, but try to keep the faith.

He has a very wierd digestive system issue that I guess he was born with. He never got proper medical treatment because his stepdad had the attitude of "Get over it, crybaby" :mad:

It just keeps getting worse and worse and I wish there was something to fix it. As is he can't eat a lot of the time, is losing weight and every once in a while he pukes blood.

I'd take him to the ER but the last time he was in there they didn't do anything to help outside of giving him some anti-nausea medicine and told him to eat baby food for six months.

The ER people are so DUMB here! I really need to take him to a GI specialist but I can't do that until I get health insurance.

jenluckenbach
07-22-2005, 05:20 PM
DJ... I am so sorry. I found your thread in general (and did my usual babbling :o)

Just hang out with friends here for a while. It can relieve at least a little stress.

DJFyrewolf36
07-22-2005, 05:30 PM
Ive only got to sit here for another hour and a half. I am so antsy it isnt funny. I've been teary and edgy and I don't think anyone can say I've been fun to talk to on the phone.

I haven't eaten today and am feeling the effects of low blood sugar but I just don't feel hungry. I puked earlier too :(

Damn, I hate to be bringing Thursdays down but I am worried sick.

catland
07-22-2005, 05:55 PM
Don't ever feel like you have to apologize. Thursdays exists for sad times as well as happy times. That is why it is so special.

You are special too - come by the fire and have a good cry on our shoulders.

davidpizzica
07-22-2005, 06:07 PM
Yes, DJ, come over to the fire and just lay down. You have the support of everyyone at Thursdays and at Pet Talk. Here's a few Pittsburgh {{{{HUGS}}}} just for you and prayers for your husband and you. I'll call you on the IM.

RICHARD
07-23-2005, 12:11 PM
hi everyone,

Sorry to show up late. My ear has been buggin me and all I want to do is sleep.

I do have the pics from the BBQ and will get them into imagestation and posted today....I promise.

IT's been bloody hot out here....I want to go shopping and hang out by the meat/frozen section all day...it was 108 in the valley yesterday...

So let me say 'Done' for everyone, welcome the new vistors and
try to get the pics loaded...

talk to ya'll later. :cool:

lbaker
07-24-2005, 08:09 AM
Well HOOOOOWWWWDEEEEEEE everyone. Yeah? 3 days late am I? Whoop-de-doo and how DO you do? Better late than never says I. Would have been here earlier but walked right past feeling a bit lost when I didn't hear Mario but heard Jen's and KayAnn's voices.. then turned around, heard Jen's joke *groan* and thought "ho de do, this must be the place". Kay and Jen, I think there were more non-alcohol drinkers than the other kind at the BBQ and after everyone stopped laughing to catch their breath who really cared? NO ONE. It's the friends, not the drinks that make us laugh. Well, sometimes we have to laugh at Mario when he gets to giggling and walking backwards:rolleyes: I'll see your one fireman MoosMom and raise your two Slick. THREE if you please Mr Bartender:p Hey there Trev, missed you and Possum like crazy this past week!

davidpizzica
07-24-2005, 08:33 AM
Hi, Laurie! I just got off work and this groundskeeper can use a fireman, too! Missing Mario? Me too.