PDA

View Full Version : The Dog TONGUE..........AHHHHHHH !

puppycloud
08-08-2001, 05:08 PM
My dog is a mop!!! :rolleyes: She has to lick, lick, lick, just everything !! I don't know what to do. :confused: She is a 14 (human years) year old German Shepard Collie mix. She has licked me my friends and family, my bed and sheets, the floor with or without food on it, the broom, the sofa, pillows, just everything. What do I do?? :confused: HELP HELP HELP !!!
Please Post Back (PPB)

puppycloud :)

carrie
08-08-2001, 05:26 PM
Sorry - thicky Brit here - does that mean if she were human she would be 14 or she is 14?

Daisy's Mom
08-08-2001, 10:57 PM
I think that means she is 14. Puppycloud didn't want you to think her dog is 14 in dog years, which would mean she is only 2, since 1 human year = 7 dog years. Get it? So her dog is 14 in our human years, and 98 in dog years. I hope this isn't too confusing... to make it as simple as possible, the dog is 14! Okay Carrie, work your magic ;)

[ August 09, 2001: Message edited by: Daisy's Mom ]

carrie
08-09-2001, 10:53 AM
Daisy's Mom, bless you for taking pity on a poor Brit who doesn't understand the language - thank you.

O.K. First of all, and I think I remember seeing this somewhere else here, 7 years to 1 is not the correct ratio. It goes something like the first year for a dog is the same as nine for a child, the second is around 9-7... it varies from dog to dog but do not be fooled by the seven year itch - I mean rule!

Second...If your dog has been doing this for fourteen years then, I'm sorry but, whatever the initial reason for this behaviour is kinda lost and at the age the dog is you probably will cause more stress trying to correct it than living with it.