PDA

View Full Version : Cinders is in the Dog Shelter!

Angels3
02-22-2002, 06:17 AM
No, Phred, it's not YOUR Cinders, the little shepherd dog that's in a
Dog Shelter. It's her double...Down Under.

Don't they say that we all have a double somewhere in the world?

Well, Cinders, a pretty shepherd, has turned up in the AWL Dog Shelter here in Australia....only an hour's drive from our place. I've included the Aussie Cinders pic & what the Shelter says about her. Such a pretty girl will soon find a home.

So there are TWO Cinders, the little shepherd dogs, in this big world. And both of them wear their neck scarves like supermodels!

"Cinders (27809)
Her owner was in poor health and unable to care for her, so Cinders came to us hoping to find a German Shepherd fan quickly to take her into their home. Cinders is 1 year old and good with children and other dogs as well as with livestock, but not with cats. A housetrained inside / outside dog, who likes water and enjoys car rides, she will need good fencing ."

Marie
:)

Sudilar
02-22-2002, 07:01 AM
Marie, YOU SCARED ME FOR A MINUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought it was our Cinders!!!!!

Your Cinders is precious!!!!! Too bad she's not here in the US. I hope she gets adopted soon. She's adorable!!!!!!!

Gio
02-22-2002, 07:03 AM
I must admit, my heart skipped a beat when I read the topic. I will also pray that Cinder 2 will find a loving home soon.

Karen
02-22-2002, 07:40 AM
I bet she'll be 'dopted in a jiffy - and if her new owners have email, she could correspond with Cinders1! :)

RachelJ
02-22-2002, 08:50 AM
She really is a beautiful GSD!

felinequine
02-22-2002, 12:30 PM
At first I thought you meant Cinder!From here!This one is very beautiful, and although I dont think I could take her if she was in my area(I love cats too), I think she is a perfect looking lady for a dog lover!Hope she gets adopted--keep us posted if you can! :D

Cinder & Smoke
02-22-2002, 01:11 PM
Hi Angels3/Marie ~

This is purdy neet ~ Havin an almost twin wiffa almost same name.
Ya shudda seen Dad's eyeballs :eek: when he saw this post this mornin - BIG as dinner plates! :D

Now Dad's wunderin just where ARE you? Still ober by New York inna Lantic Oshun - or is yer Iland floating back towards Down Under? Iffin yer still close, mebbe us Cinders could getz tagether?
[Ref: Australia Wake Up in N Atlantic/Angels3 (http://64.246.0.213/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8272)]

Dad tole us ta stick both Cinder pix on here so's ebberbuddie kan compare us... Here goes...

The Aussie Cinders ~ Who's Lookin for a Good Home...
http://www.photogra.com/galleries/33100/curr/5350453_20020222_130712_20020222130712.jpg

Pet Talk Phred's Cinder ~ I Gotz a Great Home!
http://www.photogra.com/galleries/33100/curr/6408848_20020129_155625_20020129155625.jpg

We DO look a lot alike ~ Think I gots a lil more black paint than she duz, but she looks bout my size. Anudder thing in common - Both photos are Jail Mug Shots. Mine wuz snapped by my Shelter Angel Moms; then they posted me on the Jail Web Page - that's how Dad founded me!
Sure hope Cinders has Angel Moms that help her find a nice home.

Miz Angel ~ Will ya PLEEZE keep an eye on Cinders an tell me when she getz dopted? I'll be wurreein :( till I knowez. Thankz! ;)

Angels3
02-23-2002, 07:05 AM
Cinder, you ARE very, very like the Aussie Cinders. The ONLY difference is you've got more black on you.
I found out that the Aussie Cinders got her name from Cinderella...the girl in the fairy story who had to work in the kitchen among the cinders of the fire.
So she got called Cinders for short.

Yes, we're all back in the South Pacific after our big drift north & east...sorry we did so much damage on the way...Florida will never be the same again . I've got a map to prove we're back home in the South Pacific. It also shows the Gold Coast (big red dot!) where Aussie Cinders is in the AWL Dog Shelter. There are beautiful beaches at the Gold Coast & lovely green mountains in the hinterland. (We live in Brisbane which is 1 hours drive north.)

I'll phone the AWL Shelter to find out how things are going for Aussie Cinders. I know the people who run the Shelter because I help out with any Tibetan Spaniels they get in. I'll tell the manager that Cinders has a look-alike, sound-alike American cousin who is very worried about her.

But Cinders is sure to get a good home....she's so pretty...just like you, Cinder.
Marie :)

aly
02-25-2002, 09:25 PM
Yiiiiiiiiiiikes!!! I, too, was afraid it was Pet Talk's Cinder in the shelter! Phew!

Cinders is a beautiful girl, just like Cinder! I hope she finds a loving home soon :)

Angels3
02-26-2002, 07:57 AM
"Could you give us an idea how "Crocodile Cinder" might sound? (like Phred down under?) "

SpencerTheLion, this is how you speak 'Aussie' English. First, you always cut words down...like 'afternoon' becomes 'arvo'. (Rachel...you'd always be called 'Rach' here).
Then you put...'o', 'a', 'ie' or 'azz'/'azza' on the end. Like Phred would be called Phredo, Karen would be called Kazz, & Spencer would be Spazza.
You do this to the names of things, too. Like you get a prezzie (present) for your birthday, you have a cuppa (cup of tea), & a garbo is the person who takes your garbage away.
Then there are piles of words & phrases to learn. A good place to get them is at http://www.aussieslang.com Click on Aussie Slang Dictionary.

When it comes to the Aussie accent, I heard an American (who is in Australia to teach the actors an American accent) say that it reminds him a bit like the way people sound in New Hampshire.
I haven't a clue how people sound in New Hampshire!
Marie:)

RachelJ
02-26-2002, 08:13 AM
So Marie, what do they call you?:)

mugsy
02-26-2002, 08:51 AM
Aussies are the greatest...GREAT senses of humor. Thanks for the Aussie language class...I'll have to use them. Any news on Cinder being adopted?

Angels3
02-26-2002, 08:51 AM
Rach, I get called Little Hutch & my other half gets called Big Hutch
(Add another couple of syllables & you'll have our surname.)

Marie:)

Angels3
02-26-2002, 09:09 AM
mugsy, be careful when speaking Aussie English...we use some words here to mean affection & good humour....but the same words are taken as offensive elsewhere . (I'm not even game to write an example!)
It's a very colourful English...full of really funny phrases.

When I phoned the AWL shelter on Sunday, Cinders was still there. But she'd only just been put up on the Net. I'll phone again tomorrow.
It'd do Cinders heart glad to know that people up the other end of the world are caring what happens to her.
(Wish I could load her onto a Qantas jet & send her off to Phred. Then he'd have the Cinder Twins & Smokey.)
Marie

delidog
03-07-2002, 10:43 PM
marie....have you heard any word on your aussie cinders???? has she found a forever home????? she is such a beautiful girl....i am hoping that this finds her safe and adopted!!!!!:)

Angels3
03-08-2002, 09:58 PM
Just heard the news. Cinders the little Shepherd dog in the Australian dog shelter has gone to a good home!!!!!:) That'll be sort of a late birthday present for you, Phred. You'll know that your Cinder's double is safe in a Forever Home.

The Shelter staff can't give out details of Cinders' new home...we have strict privacy laws in our State. But they can say it's an excellent home with people who know & love Shepherds. And those people know that Cinders had people from the other side of the world hoping & praying for her.

I can vouch that the Shelter places dogs in excellent homes...they've helped rehome some Tibetan Spaniels...& I help out with Tibbie Rescue. Like one Tibbie went to live with a retired couple who've always loved their pets & who now live in a beautiful home on a lovely sub-tropical island. (I wanted to go with that Tibbie!)
Thank you all so much for caring about this little Aussie dog.
Marie

Logan
03-08-2002, 10:03 PM
Marie,
That, too, is terrific news!! Its a good night for the Shepherds, all the way around!!! :D
Logan

sammi
03-09-2002, 06:39 AM
That is the best news !!!!! :p

Sudilar
03-09-2002, 11:01 AM
WHOOOOHOOOOO!!!!

tatsxxx11
03-09-2002, 04:55 PM
Great news like this makes up for all the heartbreaking tales we hear of on Pet Talk! Cinders, enjoy your beautiful, new life in paradise!!!! Thanks so much for this very happy update!!!!!