PDA

View Full Version : help

beeniesmom
07-20-2005, 10:35 AM
I noticed two days ago that Beenie seems to have a cyst under her neck, right under her collar.

It seems to be bigger today. You can see it. It's about the size of a very small pea. It also seems to have a tail (?)

I am scared and upset.

Anyone know what it could be? I will call the vet and schedule an appointment for Friday or Saturday.

Pawsitive Thinking
07-20-2005, 10:50 AM
No idea what it could be but you are doing the right thing getting our Beenie checked out - let us know what happens

Karen
07-20-2005, 11:18 AM
Could be anything from an infected bug bite to a harmless "wen" as my old Gracie's vet called 'em (benign fat deposit). Best to get it checked, anyway. Poor Beenie! Kisses, be brave, pup!

Kfamr
07-20-2005, 11:33 AM
I hope it's nothing serious. :(
Let us know when you find out, we'll be thinking of you.

{Hugs to you & Beenie}

lizbud
07-20-2005, 11:53 AM
I hope the Vet gives you some good news about this. Maybe
it's just a cyst like fat deposit. Some dogs seem to be prone to
get these. Does it seem to bother Beenie at all?

beeniesmom
07-20-2005, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by lizbud
Does it seem to bother Beenie at all?

I don't think it bothers her.
I'll let you know something as soon as I know.

lv4dogs
07-20-2005, 12:15 PM
Sending thoughts that it's something simple!

beeniesmom
07-21-2005, 08:59 AM
I have an appointment to bring Beenie to the vet tomorrow at 2.30. sigh... :(

lv4dogs
07-21-2005, 09:13 AM
Good luck!

Jadapit
07-21-2005, 11:51 AM
You and Beenie will be in my thoughts. Keep us posted on what the vet says.

luvofallhorses
07-21-2005, 12:05 PM
I hope it's nothing too serious. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Beenie.

jesse_3
07-21-2005, 08:06 PM
Oh no! I hope that Beenie is all right. Sammy has some bumps all over, the vet called them fatty tumors (non-melagnent) It is probably really fat depsoits..

I will keep you and Beenie in my thoughts and prayers!

Steph and Jes

Jamieejo85
07-22-2005, 12:54 AM
Good luck, I am sure she will be okay:) Let us know how it goes, k?

beeniesmom
07-22-2005, 01:58 PM
Whew.....

Hi everyone,

We just got back from the vet.

After a physical exam and a CYTOLGY (test where they aspire the area with a needle), the vet found NO cancer cells (Thank God).

She said that inflammatory cells with occasional bacteria were seen under the microscope.

The lesion (that's what they called it... I call it a bump) will most likly resolve itself, if it does not, or if it grows, they will remove it.

SOOOO HAPPY it wasn't anything major.... in easy words it is an inflammed follicle.

The physical exam went well too. She said that Beenie is in very good health and that obviously was very well taken care of. Her weight was the same as it was in March (21.6 lbs.) and everything else looked good. :)

She was a real trooper. She didn't even flinch when they were holding her for the needle! She was shaking a little afterward and now she's taking a nap in my lap.

I love my Beenie girl sooo much. I have no children. She is like a baby to me.

Thank you all for your concern.
Beeniesmom

robinh
07-22-2005, 02:08 PM
Yeah Beenie! What a good baby.

You can relax now, Mom. I know how you feel, though. Every time I take one of mine for something important, I get so nervous. ;)

CagneyDog
07-22-2005, 04:22 PM
I'm glad Beenie is okay :)