PDA

View Full Version : What happened to her nose?

RobiLee
07-19-2005, 09:37 PM
We don't know what happened to Tori's nose. Just the other day we noticed some spots on it and some swelling. Its like they just popped up. The next day things looked a bit worse. The swelling has gone down at least. She is going to visit Roxey, Huney and Bon tomorrow so I gave her a good wipe down and brushing and I think I made it look worse. :(

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid178/pe43d5a52dae5c941d5d9d558b1344e82/f32fe1e8.jpg

We don't know if her and Katie got too rough or if she got into something outside or what happened. We have both been home with the pups the past few days and neither one of us saw anything different between the dogs and they don't stay out too long because of the heat. Who knows what happened!? I just hope it doesn't get worse and heals up ok. Right now Tori is very upset with me and won't even look at me. She is mad because I wiped her down and got her wet. She is in her crate and refuses to acknowledge me:( ;)

KYS
07-19-2005, 09:42 PM
Poor baby, from the pic looks like she scrapped her nose,
or something irratated it. Sending hugs for her nose
to heal ASAP.

(((HUGS)))

finn's mom
07-19-2005, 09:45 PM
Aw, it does kinda look like she scraped it, but, would that make it swell?....poor girl. I'd just keep an eye on it, though, and, make sure it doesn't swell back up again. Get better, goofy Tori.

luvofallhorses
07-19-2005, 09:54 PM
Maybe it was a bee sting? Poor girl I hope she feels better ((((hugs)))))

chocolatepuppy
07-19-2005, 10:13 PM
My RB Corey,who was a sheperd/collie, had something called collie nose. It was from the sun. We had to put lotion on his nose when he went out in the sun. Don't remember if he got something from the vet, it's been awhile. I hope you find out what it is and Tori's all better soon.

Uabassoon
07-19-2005, 10:41 PM
Payson had a similar irritation on his nose, we had the vet look at it when we went for a check up and he said to just put some neosporin on it. He said that unless it got really bad it wasn't worth it to buy an onimnent from him because odds are he would just lick it off anyways.

Give Tori a hug for me and I hope her nose heals up quickly.

Kfamr
07-19-2005, 10:44 PM
Aw, poor Tori girl!!
Give some hugs to me little niece, please. Maybe she got stung by something then rubbed it against the bricks/cement pieces by that shed in your yard? Or some other hard area, to relieve the sting/itch? Wild guess, I know, but that's one of the first things I thought of.

Poor girl.. I hope it goes back to normal soon.

Oh, and you know i'm jealous that you get to go to Anna's tomorrow. Jealous and completely excited. It's so silly of me to get excited about something when i'm not going to be there, but oh well. :p Have fun tomorrow, I know you will!

{HUGS}

cyber-sibes
07-19-2005, 10:44 PM
Poor nosey! Looks really sore in the pictures. Hope it heals up real quick and you get back on her "good side" soon (Oh, we moms can be soooo cruel!) LOL;) (((hugs))) to you Robin

Oggyflute
07-20-2005, 12:33 AM
Hope Tori's nose gets better. She will be giving lovings soon I'm sure, and visiting Anna's kids will always cheer her up.:)

Vette
07-20-2005, 01:50 AM
:eek: Kirby did something simiular a while back.. it looked really nasty...

but i know how did his... he rubbed at his bedding in his crate trying to get his treat or something excatly where he wanted it. when i let him out of the crate i noticed the nasty red spot on the top of his nose right away.

all i did for it was put some neosporion(SP?) on it.. and hold his mouth shut for a minute or two to give it a chance to soak in before he licked it back off.

Ginger's Mom
07-20-2005, 05:26 AM
Poor Tori. My guess also is that she got bit by something, and irritated it more by rubbing her nose on something to relieve the itching. I hope it clears up soon. As to her being annoyed with you, I am sure that will be forgotten as soon as she sees she sees Roxey, Huney and Bon. :)

anna_66
07-20-2005, 09:02 AM
Guess I'm not the only one who thought of the Neosporin hu Robin;):)
I hope her nosey is doing better today. And I know when she sees "the boy" she won't be thinking about her nose at all:D
See you when you get here!

Don't be jealous Kay, we'll take some pictures just for you:p

pitc9
07-20-2005, 09:20 AM
Ohhhh Poor girl!
I'm sure a kiss from mom will help!:D
I hope she is feeling better soon!

lv4dogs
07-20-2005, 11:26 AM
Hope she heals up just fine & fast too.

It looks like the fur is kind of scraped off of that area too. I'm not sure if a scrape would cause swelling, but then you said something about spots???

I'm jealous of you Ohio pt'ers. Seems like a lot of you live there & get to visit each other often. I think I may have to move. lol

Kfamr
07-20-2005, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by lv4dogs

I'm jealous of you Ohio pt'ers. Seems like a lot of you live there & get to visit each other often. I think I may have to move. lol

When you do, can I move in with ya?? :p

I've been wanting to move to Ohio for a while now. Two of my best friends live there! :D Now, all we have to do is get Amy from Utah to move closer as well. ;)

lizbud
07-20-2005, 11:44 AM
Ouch. Looks a little scuffed up doesn't it. Poor baby, hope it
doesn't bother her. Seems like dogs always explore things with
their noses first.LOL. Smokey came in the house the other day
with something sticking out of the point of his nose. Turns out
he was playing under the fence with the neighbor's cat and had
a cat claw (just the sheath really) stuck in his nose.:D

lv4dogs
07-20-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
When you do, can I move in with ya?? :p

I've been wanting to move to Ohio for a while now. Two of my best friends live there! :D Now, all we have to do is get Amy from Utah to move closer as well. ;)

Sure! Can ya bring your pool too? :D

crsvstang
07-20-2005, 12:00 PM
Poor Tori :( I hope her nose is better soon!

shais_mom
07-20-2005, 07:45 PM
how's her nose today?

dukedogsmom
07-20-2005, 08:05 PM
Poor Tori. Wonder what she did to get it that way? I'm hoping it feels better today.

Vette
07-20-2005, 08:34 PM
Hows her snawz doing today,, looking any better?

RobiLee
07-20-2005, 11:41 PM
Thanks everyone!

Tori's nose still looks bad, but I think I do see a bit of improvement. I put some neosporin on it after I had talked to Anna yesterday so maybe that helped. I'm going to put some on it now before we go to bed. I sure do hope it heals up completely. I hope the hair grows back!

She was too occupied today to worry about it. Tori had lots of fun visiting with her Aunt Anna and Uncle Mark and her special furbuddies. Its so funny watching her and Bon play. They are something and then you have Roxey getting in on it and always bossing them around and taking on the motherhen role.

Sorry you couldn't be there, Kay ;) . We did take some pictures for you and we'll try to get them up soon. I think between the two of us that we managed to get a few cute pics :p

Thanks again everyone and I'll try to keep you updated on my baby's nose.

Kfamr
07-20-2005, 11:50 PM
I'm glad there seems to be a bit of improvement. Hopefully it's just something that will nicely go away on it's own! Does she try to itch at it at all?

Originally posted by RobiLee

Sorry you couldn't be there, Kay ;) . We did take some pictures for you and we'll try to get them up soon. I think between the two of us that we managed to get a few cute pics :p

Anna sent me some teasers, they surely were cute! Can't see the rest from the both of you. :D

jesse_3
07-20-2005, 11:51 PM
I'm glad that it is not too painful for her to play! Tori, I hope that ya get better! *HUGS*

Steph and Jes

RobiLee
07-21-2005, 12:18 AM
Kay, I haven't really noticed her scratching it today. I do remember Anna telling her not too, so she must have caught her at it. Alden said that he has caught Katie licking it several times like she is trying to take care of it. He said Tori was just laying there and Katie was licking her nose like she was trying to clean it up or something. I've been watching them and trying to make sure Katie stays away from it also. Boy, our furkids sure do like to make us worry, don't they? ;)

luvofallhorses
07-21-2005, 10:43 AM
I am glad it seems to be improving, I hope it's all healed up soon!

finn's mom
07-21-2005, 12:03 PM
Alden said that he has caught Katie licking it several times like she is trying to take care of it. He said Tori was just laying there and Katie was licking her nose like she was trying to clean it up or something.

That's so sweet. Big sister taking care of little sister. :) I hope she gets better soon! If love was the cure, she'd be better in a flash, as it's obvious that there's no shortage of that in your home.

vinjashira
07-21-2005, 01:44 PM
get better soon Tori!
I'm glad that your sister is taking a good care of you! :)

RobiLee
07-22-2005, 04:14 PM
Yes, Tori's nose is looking so much better! It is healing nicely.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid178/peb47aa2f9584ab13c2a05f0c71e09649/f326ef59.jpg

I have to get a couple with Katie in there also;)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid178/paaf659de2025ff1f3119b753c1334ae0/f326ef41.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid178/pc2204ec2fd0f11e7614c3072f538cb61/f326ef29.jpg

Aren't they just the sweetest?;) :D :p

Vette
07-22-2005, 04:23 PM
Oh thats great news!
can hardly tell anything went wrong with her nose in those shots. except for some missing hair.

looks good!

Ginger's Mom
07-22-2005, 05:24 PM

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid178/pc2204ec2fd0f11e7614c3072f538cb61/f326ef29.jpg

Aren't they just the sweetest?;) :D :p

I'm going to have to give you a great big YES on that one. :)