PDA

View Full Version : How do you promote Pet Talk?

RICHARD
07-19-2005, 03:41 PM
I was in a store yesterday when I was asked to donate a dollar to a charity.

Some background???

There are charities that team up with a store or market chain.

The charities, such as the Muscular Dystrophy Foundation, March of Dimes and others, ask the stores to 'sell' a piece of cardboard to the customer. The customer then signs their name to the cardboard and gives it back to the cashier, who then will hang it at the front of the store....

In the past I have usually signed the names of dead presidents, movies stars or just written a silly note....

Yesterday I signed PetTalk.com.

I handed the cardboard back to the cashier and she looked at the "Pet Talk" address and then turned to me with a questioning glance....

I explained to her that it was a pet site and asked her if she had any pets....

"No, I live in an apartment and they do not allow pets....."

I turned away from her to finish bagging my groceries, out of the corner of my eye I saw that she had run another receipt from the cash register...

I turned to see what she was doing and..

She was carefully copying these letters on the piece of paper....

P-e-t-t-a-l-k.....

AHA!
Another member added to the cult....

:D

buckner
07-19-2005, 03:46 PM
I don't promote Pet Talk by anything other than word. Kudos to you for doing so! :D

Maybe I'm the only one, but is it pettalk.com? I just went to that site, and it links to a forum that's not us. I'm weird... I know... I thought we were petoftheday.com/talk. Oh well, weird for me noticing that...

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-19-2005, 03:47 PM
Lol!!

Wherever we go on vacation, I always wear my PT-cap!!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/pt-cap.jpg

Sometimes I see people looking weird at me ;) I can hear them thinking "she has a weird name!!!" :D

dukedogsmom
07-19-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by buckner
I don't promote Pet Talk by anything other than word. Kudos to you for doing so! :D

Maybe I'm the only one, but is it pettalk.com? I just went to that site, and it links to a forum that's not us. I'm weird... I know... I thought we were petoftheday.com/talk. Oh well, weird for me noticing that...
Oh no! He wrote down the wrong thing. I didn't even realise it until you said that. Well Richard, we know your heart was in the right place.

DJFyrewolf36
07-19-2005, 03:58 PM
When my website was working I had a link to POTD.

I tell people at pet stores about Pet Talk all the time. So far, I think I'm the only active Nevadan. :p

Someone from here, sign up!!!

Kfamr
07-19-2005, 04:04 PM
If there's someone on another pet forum that I like I often send them links to PT.

Also, if I meet someone at the dog park or dog beach that I especially click with, I mention PT to them.

I talked to a guy on the plane on the way home from Utah all about why I was visiting Utah (Amy from PT) after he commented on the leash I was holding with stated "Spoiled Rotten Dog" I wrote down the address for Pet Talk, but I don't think he's visited. He told me he had 5 or so dogs.

RICHARD
07-19-2005, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Oh no! He wrote down the wrong thing. I didn't even realise it until you said that. Well Richard, we know your heart was in the right place.

Oh ****,

Please don't tell Karen or Paul!!!:eek:

kuhio98
07-19-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Oh ****,

Please don't tell Karen or Paul!!!:eek:

Let's hope the Edster doesn't hear about this...

King Spartacus
07-19-2005, 05:33 PM
I don't actually... don't get me wrong - I love it here, and so does Spartacus!!! But, there's already thousands of members here, and we're a member of another forum, that's pretty new, and I try my best to promote that one (I would promote this one too, if there was not that many members here). Thanks for a great (and a bit daunting... I still find this forum HUGE) forum!!!

Best wishes from Sylvie, KS' mom

carole
07-19-2005, 06:08 PM
I tell a lot of people I belong to an american pet website, although I don't exactly get them to join up(NZer's are not so easily signed up and I am too shy to be pushy,) hence I am now the only one here yet again, not that I really mind that one lil bit lol,I tell them I wish to take pics of their cats to post here, most are more than happy to oblige, infact i hope to post my neighbours kitties soon.

Suki Wingy
07-19-2005, 11:37 PM
I have told all my barn friends! I love this place!

anna_66
07-19-2005, 11:52 PM
Well to be honest I really don't...I want to save it all for myself:D
(And besides, the people I know already think I'm a little crazy over my dogs as it is!)

Oggyflute
07-20-2005, 12:13 AM
I tell people who have pets, and that if they google Pet Talk, they will find the link to the forum. :)

krazyaboutkatz
07-20-2005, 12:36 AM
I've told a few of my cat friends about it and also some people at the cat shows I've attended.:) So far none of them have joined.

G535
07-20-2005, 01:58 AM
Someone from another forum (not pet related) gave me the link for Cat of the Day and mentioned the forum so I joined and I must say it's the best thing I have done lately. If I run into another cat lover on another forum I'll pass on the link.

furrykidsmother
07-20-2005, 10:52 AM
I told my Mom about it and she became a member, but she doesn't post, she just likes to read the posts. My parents used to raise German Shepherds, but that was a long time ago and her cat Magic died a couple of years ago, so she currently doesn't have any animals, but she loves reading about them.

cyber-sibes
07-20-2005, 05:48 PM
I mention it to everyone I meet at the dogpark. Actually, since PT-ers meet as a large group a few times a year, people usually go "Ohhhhhhh, THAT must be that big group that was here!" One lady said she thought the PTers were all one huge family- and I guess we are!

NoahsMommy
07-20-2005, 05:53 PM
I tell anyone that has animals, but so far no one has signed up. Oh well...more for me! ha ha

Great idea, Richard!

shais_mom
07-20-2005, 07:54 PM
We invite firemen to a bbq and then we find out that the one watching the truck has 2 cats! ;)

Other then talking about it all the time I have never really written it down. Fabo idea to donate and name PetTalk as the giver....

jesse_3
07-21-2005, 12:46 AM
That is a great idea Richard! In my town, people are dumb, idiotic, freaks that think that it is okay to hurt, abuse and tease animals:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I don't want them around here, they would make everyone mad!!!

Steph and Jes