PDA

View Full Version : Kennyken

kensmommy
07-19-2005, 05:30 AM
Hi everyone, I am new here. I am so sorry for eveyone who has lost a furry "child". My heart and prayers go out to all of you. I know the pain and heartache of losing a precious life. It's almost unbearable.

My own "child" passed away 2 days ago. Kennyken was almost 13 years old and in good health up until 3 weeks ago when he started to lose weight. I took him to the vet on saturday and he was diagnosed as being anemic and having kidney problems.
He had to stay for the weekend and I truly expected to be able to bring him home by Monday. He passed away on Sunday and it was a shock to everyone. I didn't know it would hurt as much as it does. It is just as painful as losing any family member or close friend. Maybe I just expected too much. I expected him to live to be 16-17. I've always told him that I needed him more than he needed me. He was my baby and I am still not ready to let him go.
I keep hoping this is all a bad dream and he will pop up somewhere.
We raised Kenny since he was a tiny black furball whose eyes were not even open. As he grew, he became my closest friend and confidant. He played hide-and-seek, chase master...just like a child would. He knew my routine..as soon as I wake up, I turn on the TV, he would jump on my chest in a matter of seconds. When I came home, he'd rush to greet me(with his extra tummy skin swaying sideways). At night , he'd sleep on my chest for about 10 minutes before moving to sleep by my side.
This is how I knew something was wrong. One night he didn't sleep on my chest and ended up sleeping in his hiding place. I took him to the veterinarian the next morning...

Tomorrow we will pick up his urn . I know the pain has to go away eventually and I will remember the many years of constant love he has given me...that's what keeps me going right now. I just didn't know losing him could hurt this much.

catlover4ever
07-19-2005, 07:33 AM
Kennyken, welcome to Pet Talk. I'm sorry that it is on such sad circumstances. The loss of a "fur child" is just as haert breaking as the loss of a family member....I mean after all they are our family members.

It sounds like you had some really good years and memories with Kennyken....never forget those memories.

RIP Kennyken, play hard on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge.

rosethecopycat
07-19-2005, 08:03 AM
Welcome. We will honor Kennyken, as the beloved family member that he was.
Please know that we understand and wish you comfort.

Godspeed to the Bridge, Kennyken.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....Â_

Author unknown...

Barbara
07-19-2005, 08:22 AM
I am so sorry for your loss.

My Filou has this kidney disease too. He is nine and we had his blood checked routinely this year- this is how we know.
It is not sure whether he will live as long as Kennyken did but I hope for another 2 or 3 years.

I cannot tell whether it is better to know - which means that sometimes you start crying by looking at him and sometimes you cherish every moment - or better to be surprised - which means the last years were happy and normal but you had no time to say good bye.

My heart goes out to you.

furrykidsmother
07-19-2005, 08:32 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like he was a wonderful companion to you for many years. You have many wonderful memories to remember him by. At least he didn't suffer long. RIP Kennyken, you will be missed. Play hard at the RB!

catmandu
07-19-2005, 05:51 PM
THERE WILL BE ANOTHER NEW ANGEL KENNYKEN,JOINING BILLY,AND WINSTONE,AT RIB FEST,THURSDAY,AND ALL THREE,WILL GET THE FIRST SIP,OF THE VANILLA MILKSHAKE,AND A RIB EACH,TO START ,THIER DINNER,AT CRABBY JOES.
ITS A SAD MYSTERY,WHY SOME CATS,PASS ON,WHEN THEY ARE YOUNGER,AND OTHERS,LIVE,TO BE 20,WHEN THEY ALL RECEIVE,THE SAME FOOD,AND CARE.
R.I.P KENNYKEN,YOU WERE A GOOD,AND NOBLE CAT,AND YOU WILL SEE YOUR BELOVED GUARDIANS,ONE FINE DAY.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture479.jpg

carole
07-19-2005, 06:03 PM
I am terribly sad and sorry to hear of the passing of your precious furbaby, I wish you could have joined here under happier circumstances, but you have come to the right place, we are all here for you, to help you through your sorrow, to offer a sympathetic ear and understanding, many of us know the pain you feel and only wish there was something we could say to ease your heartache right now, just know we are all thinking of you, and are there for you anytime., and welcome you and your family with open arms.

kensmommy
07-20-2005, 12:30 AM
Catlover4ever, rosethecopycat, Barbara, furrykidsmother, catmandu, and Carole-
Thank you all for your warm welcome.
RB sounds like a wonderful place to be.
Your words of comfort give me strength and help me get through the day.
If it is okay, I would like to print this out and put it next to Kennykens urn, because it is priceless.
Thank you all so much again for your understanding and kind words.

Barbara- you are a wonderful mom to filou...as he already knows. It is so important to take our furbabies to the vet regularly. May he live a long and happy life.

kittycats_delight
07-20-2005, 12:49 AM
welcome to PT. I am soooo sorry about Kennyken. He sounds like he was just marvelous. My RB Mytsi promised to show him around and be his pal until you can cuddle with him again.

Kennyken sweetie, you watch over your family from Rainbow Bridge and know that they are missing you and love you always. Play hard and enjoy your time at RB. Once again you are young and happy and healthy.

Rest In Peace sweetheart.

Please if you can, attach a picture of Kennyken and I will make him a tribute with the Rainbow Bridge poem.

kensmommy
07-20-2005, 07:45 PM
kittycats_delight -
I am sure kennyken will be happy to meet Mytsi and all the cats and kittens at RB. Thank you so much. It is nice to know there is a place like RB where our loved ones are happy and waiting.
I don't have picture of Kennyken online at the moment but I will put one on soon.
Thank you so much for the offer of a tribute. That would be a perfect addition to his memorial.

To everyone here...again I am very thankful and appreciate all of your comfort and understanding.
Most especially for bearing with me while I talked about my own selfish feelings.
I should have waited a few days before making my first post so soon after losing Kennyken.
It would have been more appropriate and important to celebrate Kennys life and the love he gave our family.
Thank you all so much for your support, kindness, understanding and warm welcome.

kittycats_delight
07-20-2005, 08:07 PM
It was not selfish of you at all to want to share your grief. You love Kennyken and at PT we all love and care for your pets too. It honors us that you feel you can share him with us. Please never feel guilty, selfish, or bad for doing so. He was special to you and he touched your life and because you were special to him and gave him a wonderful home you honor him by sharing that love with us. Whenever you are ready I will do that tribute to you. You can email me the pics if you want. Or if they are on your computer but not online just click the browse button near the bottom of the page and you can attach it that way. You can also pm if you want.

{{{HUGS}}}
Michelle

Cataholic
07-21-2005, 07:51 AM
Dear Kennyken, welcome to PT, and I am so sorry it is under such difficult circumstances. I can tell Kenny was a much loved part of your family. Though time does heal the hole in the heart, nothing can erase the memories you two shared. Grieve, as it is only natural, as you are without that whom you once loved. RIP, Kenny.

{{hugs}}
Cataholic