PDA

View Full Version : How did you meet your spouse/significant other?

Pam
07-19-2005, 02:15 AM
Just curious. So many people meet their spouses at work/school, etc. How did you meet yours? I met my hubby when I was 9 and he was 11. We went to the same church. Of course we didn't date :p until we were much older. The morning he walked in wearing his Air Force uniform was the first time I think I really noticed him. There's something about a man in a uniform! LOL!

aly
07-19-2005, 02:39 AM
I met my boyfriend in college. We were in a computer science class together. The class had about 150-200 students in it and there was an online chat for people to discuss homework, etc. He and I initially started talking in the chat and soon began sitting together in class, hehe :D

http://fool.exler.ru/sm/hug.gif

Samantha Puppy
07-19-2005, 04:35 AM
I had to choose "other" because I met Josh in middle school.

finn's mom
07-19-2005, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
I had to choose "other" because I met Josh in middle school.

That's awesome that you've known him that long!

finn's mom
07-19-2005, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by aly

Aw..... ;)

jenluckenbach
07-19-2005, 05:59 AM
other......

we met at a rabbit show. we both had and showed rabbits at the time.

catnapper
07-19-2005, 06:08 AM
Hubby and I met online in a dating site! :D A coworker bugged me until I signed on and created an account just to please her, then months later, I had a fight with my mom one night (was still living at home) and I logged on to " meet someone and get out of this place". And I actually did! He was the 3rd guy I met, and I'd have NEVER gone out with him if I met him in person - definately not my type looks-wise, but I already knew his heart and wanted to give him a chance.

We'll be married 4 years in a few weeks.

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-19-2005, 06:51 AM
Great thread!!

I met Bernard on a dancing course for singles!! I was 22, lonely, and a bit bored during weekends. So when I saw an ad in the paper about a new dancing course for singles, I didn't hesitate! We learned lots of dances, modern and ballroom. First we got instructions, then we had to choose someone to practise with. Sometimes it was "ladies choose!", sometimes it was "men choose!" A nice man asked me if I wanted to have a drink. He got me a cola. Guess who that was............... yup, Bernard!! Of course, we finished the course as a couple :) . Only 9 months later, we got married! That will be 26 years ago on August 18th!!!

Karen
07-19-2005, 07:09 AM
I met Paul at a New Year's Eve party, and a few parties that followed.

Christiansmommy
07-19-2005, 08:51 AM
I met Rob at a drag strip. :) My brother drag raced his mustang there, and I went to watch him. My brother's good friend also raced his mustang there, and Rob lived across the street from him, and went to watch him race. So we all sat together in the stands. We didn't know each other previously...but I asked my brother's friend about Rob afterwards, and it turned out Rob asked him about me too :) The rest is history! That was the summer before senior high school. We have been together ever since...11 years!! :)

ramanth
07-19-2005, 08:57 AM
At the Motor City Comic Convention in Novi, MI.

He was dressed up as Boba Fett and I just had to introduce myself. :o :D

We're geeks. :cool:

Barbara
07-19-2005, 08:58 AM
I met my first husband at the university where we both studied physics.

And I met Siegmar on the job:) ...25 years ago.

Logan
07-19-2005, 09:02 AM
I met my first husband when we were in the 6th grade. We became "boyfriend/girlfriend" when we were about 15.

I met my current husband in Sunday School at church, 3 years ago, this past June. :) :) :) Best thing to happen to me, ever!!! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-19-2005, 09:14 AM
Terry and I were both members of the same HOG Chapter (Harley Owners Group). The chapter had regular Sunday morning breakfast rides and that's where I met Terry in the beginning of October, 1994. I wanted to know who the good looking guy on the black bike was and he wanted to know who the tall girl with the aqua Heritage was. ;) :D After months of seeing each other at HOG functions, we had our first official date during "Daytona" 1995 and the rest is history.

This is the reason he was so broke up when we sold the motorcycles. If not for them, chances are we never would have met. :)

Jadapit
07-19-2005, 09:18 AM
I met my husband when we were freshmans in high school.
We have been married for 25 years.;) So, high school romances can work out.:D

gemini9961
07-19-2005, 09:22 AM
I have known my Fiancee since middle school but we never talked to each other then. It wasn't until high school that I ever really talked to him. I didn't even really talk to him until our senior year. We didn't start dating until we got out of high school and now it's been 4 years together. We broke up shortly after we got together because he was going to school on the other side of the state but he came back soon and we got back together and have been ever since. :)

beeniesmom
07-19-2005, 09:29 AM
My dad, of all people, introduced us.
My husband needed Italian lessons when he was stationed in Italy and he asked my dad who could help him.
My dad said that I could give him lessons since I'm bi-lingual.
When we met we liked eachother right away but I had a boyfriend. After a few years, the other relationship didn't work so we started going out "as friends". Who knew we would have ended up getting married. We just celebrated our 3rd anniversary!

catnapper
07-19-2005, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
After months of seeing each other at HOG functions, we had our first official date during "Daytona" 2005 and the rest is history.

I thought you wre together for longer than that -- only a year? Wow! That year has brought a lot of change for you too! See what happens when you meet your soul mate? :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-19-2005, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
I thought you wre together for longer than that -- only a year? Wow! That year has brought a lot of change for you too! See what happens when you meet your soul mate? :D

Oops, that was supposed to be Daytona of 1995, not 2005 - sorry! :o

Mad Mags Moo
07-19-2005, 10:26 AM
Me and Rob met while we were doing our nurse training! I was the new kid on the block, just started my training and a very naive girl of 18!!! He was an arrogant, know it all bugger...hate at first sight for me!!! He was part of the welcoming committee for all new student nurses! We got to know each other as friends first then about 4 or 5 month later he turned round and said he fancied me and asked me out! He always said that the moment he met me he just knew there was something about me and of course i had a very cute butt!!! Got engaged in 1992 and married in the Seychelles in November 1994 and still going strong now!!!!:D No longer nursing....doing my own cat sitting business and love it!!!!:D

sirrahbed
07-19-2005, 10:39 AM
I met my husband when I was 15 and junior in high school. Like Pam, he was a "man in uniform" - he was an Air Force security policeman who worked the gate near where I lived with my parents and he would wink and wave at me in the back seat of my dad's car! A common friend introduced us at his house and we started dating - only my second boyfriend:) We have been together for 35 years and married for 30:D

Fun thread, Pam!!

kuhio98
07-19-2005, 11:07 AM
Bob and I met on the job. I was just out of college and he worked in the same department as I. We became friends over the years but because of our age difference (31 years), nothing "happened". He kept trying to fix me up with his son! Well, his son and I didn't care for each other. Our friendship slowly grew into more and 6 years after meeting, we fell in love (I told you were were slow)! We got married a few years after that. 27 years after meeting we're still best friends (except when we drive each other crazy). :p

kittycats_delight
07-19-2005, 11:16 AM
Guido and I met online but not through a dating service. That was in May of 2001. We met on ICQ and he wasn't looking for anything but someone to chat with and I wasn't looking for anything at all. :p Well goes to show you sometimes find the things you need when you least expect it. He was in Italy and me in Canada. After a year of chat I went to Italy. Silly me see what that got me???? ;) And after going back and forth for a few years he came to Canada and we got married. We will be celebrating or 1 year wedding anniversary on Saturday!!! :eek: Doesn't seem like we have been married that long.

Fox-Gal
07-19-2005, 11:32 AM
I meet mine in a rather odd way, because of a break in to my home.

My ex-husband had backed a u-haull up to house while I was out of town and cleaned the place out, of everything. So in having to go and re-place everything, I went to buy a new washer. As I was there this young guy came in, while we where trying to figure out if the washer would fit in my car, as they did not deliver as far out as me.

This boy, offered to bring my washer out for me. Came out, hooked up my washer, noticed that I had some water pressure problems as well as other problems and offered to fix them, for a home cooked meal.

A week later he called, then came by to fix things for me and after that every weekend, he would come by and help with things I couldn't do.

He grew on me after some time, so I decided to keep him. :D

kittycats_delight
07-19-2005, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Fox-Gal
He grew on me after some time, so I decided to keep him. :D

LOL !!!! Tooo funny :D They are kinda like a fungus aren't they? ;)

DJFyrewolf36
07-19-2005, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
At the Motor City Comic Convention in Novi, MI.

He was dressed up as Boba Fett and I just had to introduce myself. :o :D

There is nothing wrong with being a geek:D.

I met John at the local Dennys. I was at a Star Trek club meeting and honestly bored to tears. Usually at those meetings, we actually discussed Star Trek related things but for some reason the two "hens" of the club wanted to whine about this, that or the other. I found my attention wandering. Suddenly, John walks in with what appears to be his girlfriend. I thought "oh of course, he's cute but with someone. Just my luck." He did lock eyes with me though as they were being seated at the table right across from me. We stared at each other as the "hens" babbled. His girlfriend was talking but he wasn't paying any attention to her :o.
After the meeting was over, I went to go BS with a few friends that had shown up and John ended up talking to one of the club members. She came over to my table after a few minutes and said that John was really interested in meeting me. I was kind of floored, since usually I was the one asking after guys! I went over to his table and we ended up BSing about computers (he owned a computer shop at the time). He offered me a job interview since they needed another tech and I seemed to know what I was doing. We agreed to meet at the shop the next day.
I found out later that the girl he was with at Dennys was actually dumping him that night and kicking him out of her house. She had just taken him to dinner as sympathy. :p She did say though as I left the table"I think you just found your soulmate."
The next day, I went to the computer shop...finding out that my @#&$ing high school ex worked there too, and had known John for YEARS! Kinda wierd. Anyway, I got to talking with John about non computer stuff. We agreed that we should hang out in a non-work related setting but that it shouldn't go any further than friendship because he was "trying to work things out with his ex" and I was in a long distance relationship myself. Uh huh...:D
Fast forward another day. Johns Ex was out of town (and had said get your junk out before I get back. So much for patching things up) and he took me out to this nice isolated spot (Nevada has a lot of those :D ). We talked for hours upon hours and eventually things er...progressed. :o. He dropped me off at my house and asked me before he drove off if I regretted what we had just done. For the first time in my life I could honestly say "No". I knew right then and there that I had fallen completely in love :D
I got quite scare though. He moved to his mothers house about 40 miles from town and dropped ownership of the computer store all at the same time (the next day in fact, but that is a whole other story) but forgot to leave a phone number where I could call. (I had his Ex's number but I thought calling that would be rude). My ex said John went back to Arizona. I thought "Oh great, a one night stand type of jerk." Immagine my suprise when he called my cell phone and invited me out to his moms to stay while I was on break from school. What was funny is that I had never written my cellphone number down, and I had only told it to him once! I guess he really wanted to remember me!
The rest is history I suppose. We stayed together for a little over two years before we got actually married. This Novemeber will be our three year anniversary of being together. :D
And through good and bad, I don't regret one bit of it!

catland
07-19-2005, 01:07 PM
We met through a blind date. Next week will be our 14th wedding anniversary but we also like to think of any and all Friday the 13th's as our "anniversaries" because that's when we first met.

:D

davidpizzica
07-19-2005, 01:25 PM
This is the weirdest way to meet! I met Donna (moosmom) thru Pet Talk! We just started to answer each other's posts and soon we started to get mushier and mushier on them. I'm in Pittsburgh and Donna is in Detroit and right now our job situations have to get better before we meet physically. But don't worry,we build up each other's phone bills LOL!LOL!

DJFyrewolf36
07-19-2005, 01:35 PM
That is soooo cute David :D

davidpizzica
07-19-2005, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
That is soooo cute David :D Aw, shucks, DJ! I love this lady and she loves me!

AdoreMyDogs
07-19-2005, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by david p
Aw, shucks, DJ! I love this lady and she loves me!

Oh my gosh, where have I been! I had no idea! Congrats you two!!!!!! :D :D :D

Well I met Ricky 2 years ago threw an internet video game, believe it or not. We're both are still in shock that it happened. I put "other" because we met online, but it wasn't a dating service. I had loved Ricky for quite awhile but he lived in Texas and I lived in Michigan. It wasn't until he had a date with a girl that I told him how he felt...and he felt the same way. Later that week he booked a flight to come visit me in MI (and he had vowed to never fly, he was utterly terrified of flying) but he knew that if he didn't fly to see me, we wouldn't have but a couple days to spent time together.

A couple months later I packed up my car, my furbabies, said goodbye to Michigan and moved to TX and he proposed to me on my B-day (July 6th)

Long story short :)

Luvin Labs
07-19-2005, 06:52 PM
it wasn't online dating, it was just online.

we met via a similar interest board, started talking via IM/PM/etc...

were planning on meeting in march, but i suprised the heck outta him and met him at a hooters baby shower.

every weekend (almost every) for a year I was down there visiting him 2 1/2 hour drive away.

Then I moved down :)

one year since we've been living together, and been since feb that we've had our own apartment, and also since late feb we've had our 'little black boy' our lab smokey :)

jennifert9
07-19-2005, 07:19 PM
Pam, what a great thread!! I love hearing everyone's stories!!! And I too had no idea about david and moomsmom! Congrats!! We have had one Pet Talk wedding that I know of at least...here's to the next one!! :D :D

I met Collin at his friend's 25th b'day party. I'll tell the story as quick as possible but it's a little convoluted...I was really good friends with this girl from another school when I was in high school/early college named Kathy. I went away to school and she did her own thing and we didn't hear from each other for 7 or 8 years. Well, one night I was with my mom and her co-workers and walked into this bar to have a drink with them after they got out of work and ran into Kathy and her friend RJ at the bar!!! :D We started talking and it was like we had never missed all those years! So about a year later, I had moved in with her since she needed a roommate and I needed to get a place where I could have my dog! (Many of you know her as Kate, the famous roommate with Jack the fabulous golden!! :D)
She invited me to her brother's 25th surprise b'day party being thrown by his best friend, COLLIN! So I walk in, she stops to talk to this guy who is just gorgeous! and I was like "who was that!!!" She said, "oh, that's just Collin." WHAT!!
We ended up hanging out all night and then dating for 2 years. We did break up once or twice during the past 6 years but are now engaged and living together....Marriage is on the schedule but we need to stop moving first!!!
I still think he is as handsome as he was the first night I met him if not more! And he is a younger man, almost 5 years younger actually!! ;)

lizbud
07-19-2005, 08:01 PM
I met my ex-husband at College. He was a Senior & I was a
lowly Freshman.:) Didn't start dating till a few months later when
I ran into him at a Slovenian Club that hosted teen dances.

finn's mom
07-19-2005, 09:29 PM
Well, let's see....my "significant others"....it's been an interesting ride.....I met my ex husband, Dana, on a military base in Germany, between my junior and senior years in high school. I went with my parents to the american dance/bar/pool hall when they played country music. Dana was in the army and we started dancing together. We were together six years, married five. Dancing was the best thing we did together. :)

My ex boyfriend, Brandon, and, I met at a Dallas Stars hockey game. After the game, I would go into the club set up outside the arena and hang out with other fans and usually have a drink or two. There was usually a band inside and a band outside on the deck. I didn't ever go out on the deck, because it was always so smoky. But, one night, I was close to the door, and, I heard "Brown Eyed Girl", and, it was a good cover. I decided to see who was playing, and, that's when I first saw him. He was (still is) the drummer of the band. They still play all the Stars games (during intermissions, and, after the game). I was immediately attracted to him, and, that led me headfirst and downhill into the wonderful, terrible world of Brandon. Glad to be out of it, but, worried that he may be my soul mate. I hope not.

Met my ex, Chris at a bar he bartends/manages at on the fourth of July. We hit it off and I moved in with him soon afterwards. A great guy, he's who enabled me to get Lock and Finn. When we broke up, he kept Lock and I, obviously kept Finn. ;)

Ben is my significant other, now, and, we met at a tavern/pool hall/restaurant in Lewisville, when I went to a birthday party there for my roommate in February. We had crazy cool chemistry, and, have been friends ever since. Not sure where it's going, but, I like where it's at.

K9karen
07-20-2005, 12:54 AM
Congrats, Leslie! I had no idea!
I met John, my companion (as I call him) at a bus stop. My parents met at a bus stop too! Talk about coincidence! (Both mom and I played hard to get!!!!!

captain
07-20-2005, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Karen
I met Paul at a New Year's Eve party, and a few parties that followed.

That is how I met John!!!!

Actually, a mutual friend of ours brought him to the party to attempt to "fix him up" with my friend.

They both weren't each others types ....... but I was his ...:D and he was mine. :D

Oggyflute
07-20-2005, 02:04 AM
I had a liquor store and Carole was one of my customers. Took me a while to summon the nerve to ask her out, but I eventually did. Carole has since said that it was all she could do to bash me over the head with frustration in my failure to ask.:rolleyes: We've been together eight years on the 18th October.:)

Cookiebaker
07-20-2005, 06:09 AM
Awesome thread!!!

Let's see......my family and Mark's family go way back, in fact my parents stopped at his house for a meal on their honey moon and Mark was less than 1 year old. They lived in Vermont, and we lived on Long Island, but I saw him about once a year.

In 1991, my parents went overseas, and we kids stayed in Vermont while they were gone with 2 different families. I saw a lot of Mark and this was when I started to get a crush on him. I was 15 and he was 22. He had this personal space bubble the size of Africa and you couldn't get close to him. I knew, I just knew that somewhere deep inside there was a real person and I was determined to find it.

It was a very long 5 years, and I was getting discouraged that it would ever go anywhere. My oldest brother moved to Vermont in 1994, and became close friends with Mark, and that enabled me to see him lots more often. I was getting a tad discouraged that he would EVER notice me, but at a picnic in 1996 we finally, finally, had a real conversation. He started sending me email shortly afterwards, and finally in August, he let me know his real feelings. ;)

Turns out that ever since 1991, he had a crush on me too. I had NO idea, he never showed it, and never let on.

We got married in 1997, and we have been very happy ever since. :) We have a very deep connection, and he is my best friend in this whole world.

Cookiebaker
07-20-2005, 06:15 AM
ps Aly, I just love this. It's adorable!!!! :D

Rachel
07-20-2005, 07:00 AM
I met my husband at the place we both worked. I had been there for 6 years when he was assigned to run the place. It took a long time before we started dating and then because he was in charge of the place, our dating was more or less kept secret from those with whom we worked. When we did get married, it was required that I resign my position. Gained a husband I loved and lost a job that I hated. Not a bad trade off.

anna_66
07-20-2005, 09:29 AM
I've been seeing this thread and wanted to reply, but not really sure how!

Ok, here goes....
I met Mark at a family reunion (his not mine-and NO WE'RE NOT RELATED!!! But it did happen in KY---LOL!).
Mark's dad had remarried and it just happened to be to my great aunt so I ended up going with them.

Of course we were introduced shortly after getting there but didn't really talk (as some of you know, Mark is not a talker;)).
One of the ladies needed a ride home and Mark was going to take her. She asked me to come along and the rest is history!
On October 31st we will be married 19 years and I've loved all of them. He's my bestest friend in the whole world!!!

Pawsitive Thinking
07-20-2005, 09:32 AM
Bad luck really ;) Only kidding - he puts up with me after all........

CalliesMom
07-20-2005, 12:43 PM
I met Jason my senior year of high school. It was at a football game and his school was our biggest rivals...lucky for me, I was put in charge of the refreshment stand on his side of the field and he came over. Long story short, I thought he was cute and he walked away before I could give him my phone number. A girl's sister, that I knew, was dating his best friend who passed it on to him. A week later he called and we hit it off really well.

We started dating a few months later and got married five years after that. ;) He's a big pain in my butt but I love him.

Kfamr
07-20-2005, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
(as some of you know, Mark is not a talker;)).

Are you sure there isn't another "Mark" on the side? The one I know TALKS. (alotta smack. :p ;) :D )

BitsyNaceyDog
07-20-2005, 01:34 PM
Justin and I met our sophomore year in high school. We went out and did thing together but we didn't start dating exclusively until our junior year. We got married two months after we graduated. We just celebrated our fifth anniversary this past sunday.

Originally posted by ramanth

Yep, you're geeks, ;) but so is my husband. I tease him all the time, telling him he's a geek. He reads/collects comic books and goes to comic book conventions. Heehee, I love my geek!
(Oh, and he plays VS. too :rolleyes: )

kimboe
07-20-2005, 01:40 PM
I met Dereck at a pub. /he asked me to dance and i said no the firts time, then he asked me again i told him i had a boyfriend, so he walked away pretty disappointed. But then he came back and asked again...So i said sure.
And then we started to notice eachother at events(k-days and the street performers) and he gave me his number and i called him.

It'll be three years this saturday!

Glacier
07-20-2005, 01:51 PM
At a former friend's birthday party. It was back in my partying days and I was extremely intoxicated and someone told me to stay away from him. I just had to find out why! Never did. We saw each other for a couple weeks and then just kinda stopped talking for no apparent reason. A year later, I walked into another party and there he was. We've been together ever since. We had our 6th wedding anniversary in May 2005.

iceyshiver21
07-20-2005, 01:58 PM
I first met my boyfriend, Josh, in elementary school.. he moved away and I never saw him again...

Last summer I was meeting my friend's boyfriend, robbie, at a park in a near by town, and I was talking with one of his friends who kept smiling, laughing and seemed a little flirty, he said that he has moved many times in his life, and I said I have never moved..
He told me he went to 13 different schools, and I said I had only been to two... one of them had 100 kids Kindergarden through 8th Grade.. and he asked if it was Lynd Public School.. and I said yes. We sat and recalled the days when we both attended. Then a year and a half later after being very close friends, he asked me out.

DJFyrewolf36
07-20-2005, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Glacier
At a former friend's birthday party. It was back in my partying days and I was extremely intoxicated and someone told me to stay away from him. I just had to find out why! Never did. We saw each other for a couple weeks and then just kinda stopped talking for no apparent reason. A year later, I walked into another party and there he was. We've been together ever since. We had our 6th wedding anniversary in May 2005.

I got the same advice about John lol. Three of my friends told me that he was a real creep...then I found out they were all his Exs friends too :rolleyes:

Of course them telling me to stay away only encuraged me to do the opposite :D

rosethecopycat
07-20-2005, 03:23 PM
I met my Chris while working on the cruise ships.

I shook his hand at breakfast in the crew mess. I'll always remember, he had a suit coat on. (the crew side of the ship is ultra casual, people walking around in slippers)

Well, it took a while to start dating. He's 10 yrs younger than me. But, we got along SO well.

We've been married 7 1/2 yrs now.:D

Interesting, we can never go back to the place we met, I'm sure it's a cut up barge in Bangledesh by now.:rolleyes: :p

crsvstang
07-20-2005, 03:40 PM
Rob and I met through my parents actually. My parents had a house up for sale, and one of Rob's friends told Rob about the place. I first saw him March of 98' I hardly even spoke to him and was already in love with him.

Well in July of 98' I finally got up the nerve to write him a letter and leave it for him. I told him how much I liked him and all. After that I went and met with him and he told me he liked me also.

We didn't have our first date until around October, we went to a Halloween party that a friend of mine was having. That was the night he first told me he loved me.:)

We will be married for 6 years in September.

beeniesmom
07-20-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by crsvstang
Rob and I met through my parents actually. My parents had a house up for sale, and one of Rob's friends told Rob about the place. I first saw him March of 98' I hardly even spoke to him and was already in love with him.

Well in July of 98' I finally got up the nerve to write him a letter and leave it for him. I told him how much I liked him and all. After that I went and met with him and he told me he liked me also.

We didn't have our first date until around October, we went to a Halloween party that a friend of mine was having. That was the night he first told me he loved me.:)

We will be married for 6 years in September.

That is so sweet!

grybai
07-20-2005, 03:54 PM
Laura (Uabassoon) and I met through a University of Arizona community on livejournal. We're both geeks so meeting online seems appropriate. Although I had seen pictures of her, I was still surprised when I met her because she was much shorter than I thought she would be! I must've looked like a giant- I'm 5'9" and she's barely 5'1"!

Edwina's Secretary
07-20-2005, 04:15 PM
When Don and I meet we were working together. We were both in other relationships and even went on a company trip with our others.

A year later, another company trip, both of us alone.....and good friends by then...

that was 10 years ago this past February.

cocker_luva
07-20-2005, 04:25 PM
AJ and i met at work 2 or so years ago. we were shy at first, but then we became friends. we had that mystery period where we were friends/dating.

JUST AN ANNOUNCEMENT: our 1 1/2 year anniversary is in 3 weeks. (i know it sounds insignificant, but its important to me!)

:D :D :D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid168/p9af6ba0592e4ddb236ff7b01003aab54/f42d3f9c.jpg

manda_moo87
07-20-2005, 05:04 PM
Well I met my best friend whom I guess would count as a "significant other" Roland when I was 2 years old (lol) at a birthday party, so we've known each other for 16 years. We've been very close all our lives and I've always had very strong feelings for him... not sure if the feeling is mutual, but he just invited me to go camping with him next week... so who knows, maybe sparks will fly someday? *Sigh* ;)

cyber-sibes
07-20-2005, 05:43 PM
I met my husband when I went to a friend's house for an aura-reading party (weird, eh?) I evesdropped on his reading & thought he sounded interesting. Then we just kept bumping into each other at different places around town. We were just friends. Eventually people started asking us how long we'd been married......then it kind of dawned on us that maybe we should go out together-- a couple years later we got married, and now we've been married 9 years.

carole
07-20-2005, 08:52 PM
I ticked other, I met my husband through my son, he used to play with the boy two doors down, I was picking up my son from playing when I was introduced to Steve, I was not really that interested, being a social phobic and really a bit of a hermit, I never went out much, and I was always getting told you will never meet anyone doing that, I proved them all wrong, however I was asked to come out with the wife and hubby next door, as he played in a band, un-beknown to me they were trying to hitch me up with the Drummer Rob who was a cutie, but I was not interested in him, I only went out because I thought Steve was going to be there, only to find out he was babysitting his brother's kids instead, however to cut a long story short , Steve paid me some rather nice compliments, walked me back to my house and the rest is history, shy as I am I plucked up the courage to invite him around for a coffee, three months later we were married.:)and have been together 14 years this August the 4TH.:cool:

abbersmom
07-20-2005, 10:30 PM
I was on my way home from Sioux Falls, SD with a coworker & we stopped in the small town she had grown up in, so get something to drink at a convenience store. He was there, filthy head to toe because he had been helping someone bale hay. He called her a few days later to ask about "the girl in the blue camero" lol...The rest is pretty much history, altho when he called me, I had no idea what this guy looked like that I was accepting a date with! rotfl

anna_66
07-20-2005, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Are you sure there isn't another "Mark" on the side? The one I know TALKS. (alotta smack. :p ;) :D )
LOL! So true:p

LoudLou
07-21-2005, 03:40 AM
I lived in an apt. with my mother, but wasn’t home much. I was busy taking care of a friends kids (5 under the age of 7!) and I cleaned 2 restaurants. I came home to sleep and do laundry. He was my next-door neighbor and I couldn’t stand him. He always played LOUD music, he was in the music business and I thought he was full of it. So, when I would come home it was a choice between the little kid in the other apt. which lucky me, his room was my bedroom wall kicking the wall screaming at the top of his lungs that he didn’t want to go to sleep, or the LOUD THUMP of the bass from the guy next-door… He would never talk to me but my mother would always stop by his apt. and ask what his cat’s name was (Which was named: Cat :rolleyes: ) and that if he ever wanted to get rid of the cat she wanted her.

One day Miss Mocha Bean (My cat) escaped outside and I was frantic… I went next-door and asked if he’d seen her. Well, 3 days later she came back and I felt obligated to go tell him she was back since he acted so concerned. That led to Dinner & Movie… Yeah, I thought dinner & a movie. But, No- the TBS Dinner & A Movie, (where they cook something in-between the commercials) he cooked very crunchy Spaghetti with a white sauce. His apt. looked like a 16 year old lived there… posters all over the walls, 12 empty boxes of cereal in the cupboard and lots of condiments. Our first official date was in a studio producing a local rock band’s CD…. About 3 months later I moved in and we were married.
Well, Cat went to live with my mother and was re-named Zazu. Unfortunately, she has passed on but she lived the life with my mother. My mother would cook her breakfast in the morning and she was very spoiled.
Oct. 31st will be 9 years. Now we are both in the music business and LOUD. :) He is my rock. My VERY best friend. I don’t know how I ever made it through life without him!
Oh… and Little Miss Mocha Bean? She is Daddy’s –Little-Princess- Who –Can -Do-NO-Wrong! She is quite the Daddy’s Girl!

Pam
07-21-2005, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Rachel
When we did get married, it was required that I resign my position.

Rachel that happened to my mom too! She and my dad had to keep their marriage a secret because back then it was against company policy to have spouses working together. It remained a secret until she couldn't hide that my brother was on the way! :p :o

By the way I am LOVING this thread. So many cute, cute stories!!

Ally Cat's Mommy
07-24-2005, 10:47 AM
My roommate was dating a guy called Vincent. Vincent was Warren's roommate! One day my friend phoned their house to talk to Vince, and Warren answered. (He always answers the phone with whacky voices), so she thought she had a wrong number, panicked, and handed me the phone. We talked for about 2 hours, he came to visit the next evening, and we talked for another 4 hours. Two weeks later I went to stay "for the weekend" and never left!:D

Pam
07-24-2005, 02:49 PM
I am loving the way this thread has turned out. Your answers are so cute and romantic! ;) From the looks of the poll I guess we don't need on line dating hook-ups or friends to match us up. We seem to do better on our own! LOL! Keep 'em coming!