PDA

View Full Version : Sirocco's operation over... SUCCESS

sirocco
02-21-2002, 12:24 PM
... I still keep fingers crossed, though, just in case...
It's been very stressful, but now it's over. Siro's still a bit dizzy and it's painful for me to see him trying to stand up without really achieving it(anesthetic hasn't worn off completely yet)
Now, real "danger" is over... what should I expect? Any change in his behaviour? The vet suggested Siro may become passive, not interested in playing anymore... Has this happen to any of your fur-kids? I suppose (I hope!) that statement applies to animals that aren't paid attention or motivated to play... Please, tell me how the life after the operation is for them, what should I be prepared for? I must admit I'm a bit worried about that...

Nita

Former User
02-21-2002, 12:33 PM
Casper and Kitty are both "fixed" and they are still very playful, maybe even more than before. I don't know how long it has been since Sirocco's operation, but Casper wasn't all that bad, he didn't eat anything that evening though, but the next day his appetite was back. He also used the litterbox, but it was a bit painful for him. He was just mostly laying down the evening, and watching us with a look at his face like saying "look what you did to me". The next day he was more or less back to his good old self, and was even playing a bit with his sister.

I hope Sirocco will be fine soon! Keep us updated!

sirocco
02-21-2002, 12:44 PM
Well, it's been 2 hours since his operation. Noew he is more himself, but sleeping even more than usual.. He's fine!!
I'll keep you updated... Thank you for your interest!

Nita

Former User
02-21-2002, 12:48 PM
Don't worry if he just sleeps now, that's normal.
Casper and Kitty sent their purrrsss to Sirocco, and wish him speedy recovery :)

momoffuzzyfaces
02-21-2002, 01:24 PM
I'm glad Sirocco is doing well. I've had all four of my "boys" fixed. My vet keeps them for a day and a half after surgery, just to make sure they are ok. They are more playful now than ever. There ages range from 15 to almost 2. The 15 year old still plays once in a while.
Thanks for keeping us posted.

LoudLou
02-21-2002, 02:54 PM
Yippeeee! Sirocco is home! Hoooraay!! Soon he'll be up to play! Both Beans were fixed when they were kittens... now they are 6 & 7 and they play ALL the time... even with Louie!:D

sirocco
02-22-2002, 05:33 AM
Thank you for your replies! I really appreciate your comments... they've heartened me. I must admit I almost froze when the vet told me about inactivity in fixed cats. I enjoy so much playing with Siro and seeing him jumping from one shelf to another ;) ... Well, today is Friday so I have the whole weekend ahead to devote to my Sirocco and play with him, pet him and leave him alone (for there's always a moment His Royal Highness considers I'm already pestering him :D )

I'll keep updated (maybe in Cat Behaviour!) on how Siro goes on...

By the way, if we don't "meet" here in PetTalk (what I doubt very much ;) ) this weekend, have a nice, nice time with you fur-babies!!

Nita

Gio
02-22-2002, 06:49 AM
Nita,

I'm pleased that Sirocco is doing fine. :)

Logan
02-22-2002, 07:30 AM
Nita,
I know you are relieved that the surgery is over and your little fellow is back home where he belongs! :) I don't think it matters what kind of surgery it is, we just hate it and worry a lot. :(

As for the inactivity comment........ NO WAY!! Just ask Butter if it slowed him down. His answer would be an emphatic "Not a chance"!!!! :p

Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Give that sweet Sirrocco a kiss for me.

Logan

lynnestankard
02-22-2002, 09:26 AM
So pleased it's all over Nita - and glad Siro is back home with his Mummy. DON'T think for one minute he'll slow down - neither Dan or Ketchum missed a beat - apart from the day of the op., they still play chase up and down the stairs.
It's VERY windy today so they've been outside most of the day - playing chase with the wind!! Great fun.
Spend a lovely week-end with your boy - and have fun!!

Lynne

tatsxxx11
02-23-2002, 05:42 PM
Dear Nita. So happy the big day is behind you and Siro!!!! Those "events" take years off the lives of us furmoms!!:D And my boys are as playful, frisky and mischievious as ever!! Maybe more so! Love to you and brave, brave Siro!! Good boy!!:) Love, Sandra, Oliver and Mr. B