PDA

View Full Version : My poor sweet Ki. :(

Kfamr
07-18-2005, 01:22 PM
It's kind of funny, because she's so silly. There's about 12 men working on our neighbor's roof (6 or so of them are just sitting on their A$$es. :p :rolleyes: )

Anyhow, you all know how obsessed Ki is over the pool. Well, now she won't even go NEAR the back door. I had her out there and she cried and cried to go back outside, wouldn't even go after the balls I threw in the pool! My poor girl is so terrified over these men on the roof! She won't even get comfortable inside.

She's so silly. Lets all hope they finish up, SOON!

Jadapit
07-18-2005, 01:25 PM
Poor girl! I understand where she is coming from. Some men make me feel the same way.:p Is she like that with women also?

Kfamr
07-18-2005, 01:30 PM
I don't think it's just the fact that they're men, it's the fact they are pounding away on top of a roof. :p She's never seen anything like that. Simba and Nala just barked for a bit then quit when I told them to hush it. She's terrified, though!

ParNone
07-18-2005, 01:42 PM
Hi Kay!

I had the same issue with Oz, when they were building the house behind me. He was fine, when they were doing ground work. He barked a bit, but was more or less okay with it. Then one day I let him outside to go potty and OMG there were men up on the roof. He panicked and dove right on into his dog house. All you could see was the tip of his nose sticking out.

After that if the men were on the roof, I had to go outside with him to potty. He seemed to be more brave if I was out there with him.

Gull was a puppy at the time, so fortunately he ignored the roof men. I'm not so sure he'd react as good now. And Murph of course, didn't even deem it a worthy enough event to even bark at'em. He's still trying to figure out why Oz was hiding in the dog house. :)

Les...

cocker_luva
07-18-2005, 01:42 PM
what a silly baby

CagneyDog
07-18-2005, 01:46 PM
Poor Kiara :( She's missing out on her swimming! Give her a hug for me, I hope they finish up soon so she can get back swiming!

Jadapit
07-18-2005, 01:47 PM
It's funny (not funny ha- ha) what can scare a dog. For some reason Jada is terrified and I'm talking totally shaking terrified of cardboard boxes. It's really sad so i try not to let her see cardboard boxes. Even the little boxes scare her. Hopefully those men will hurry up and get the roof done but it may take awhile if only 6 are working.;)

luvofallhorses
07-18-2005, 01:48 PM
Poor girl :( I hope they're done soon!

beeniesmom
07-18-2005, 02:27 PM
Poor girl!
Those bad men banging away on the roof!

RobiLee
07-18-2005, 02:32 PM
Awww, poor Kiara. Its ok girl, the roof men will be gone soon. Big hugs from Auntie Robin!

Dixieland Dancer
07-18-2005, 02:41 PM
Silly girl! I hope they finish up soon so she can get her daily swim in! ;)

Kfamr
07-18-2005, 03:58 PM
Well, she's finally over her little thing. She just now went outside and is swimming like a fool. Before she wouldn't even go close to the door. :rolleyes: Weirdo. :p

chocolatepuppy
07-18-2005, 05:11 PM
My girls are scared of things like that too. Anything different and they want back in the house. ;)

Kfamr
07-21-2005, 04:46 PM
Kiara's much relieved that they've finally finished the roof completely. The past few days it's been the same routine. Early morning, she wouldn't go out for her morning potty or swim. Mid-Afternoon, she'd go out very hesitantly looking up at the roof many times. Late-Afternoon rolls by, thunderstorms and raining! So, she's only been getting in a few hours of swimming. :p

KYS
07-21-2005, 07:28 PM
Poor baby I can understand what she is going through even
though the workmen are not in her yard. :)

Years ago, workmen were trimming/topping trees in the
neighbor's yard behind ours.
I could not figure out why Sheba was so nervous.
We figured it out when we found a big dent on the
roof our our shed by the back block wall.
The workmen must have seen the damage they did,
came into our back yard to remove the evidence "branch").
I figure they must had done something to keep Sheba
away from them that scared her. She was nervous for
weeks going into the back yard after that. :(

anna_66
07-21-2005, 07:37 PM
Glad to hear she's back to her swimming!!!

Oggyflute
07-22-2005, 03:01 AM
Good to hear she's back to her beautiful self.:)

cloverfdx
07-22-2005, 04:32 AM
Glad to hear Kiki's back to normal now :).

We had the same problem when the houses behind us were getting built last year, the dogs were not impressed and Elvis would bark at the workmen. The new neighbours tell Elvis to shut up if they are having one of their late night parties :rolleyes: and he barks when going for his last toilet run of the night. My reply "His name is El not SHUTUP" :p, stoopid people.

lute
07-22-2005, 02:05 PM
poor Ki. Beanie got the same way when we had roofers come. i hope the guys get goin soon so Kiara can get back to her normal self.

RickyB0813
07-22-2005, 02:10 PM
:)

dogzr#1
07-22-2005, 02:18 PM
My chihuahua is scared of alot of wierd things. For some reason he is afraid of flies. :rolleyes:If he sees one he will go under the bed or sometimes push the bathroom door open and go inside.

Well glad that she is back to swimming.:)