PDA

View Full Version : What is a Pet Talker???

RICHARD
07-18-2005, 01:11 PM
This question came up over the last few days as the people at the CA BBQ were relating their stories about how they explain
to Non-Pet Talk People what goes on on this site.

I saw a thread on the same subject and thought a llittle twist on it was in order.
-----------------------------------------

A Pet Talker will open their homes for a gathering of other Pet Talkers.

A Pet Talker will open their door, at three a.m. in the morning for a PTer that has no lodging.

A Pet Talker will reveal intimate details of their lives to no one else-except another Pet Talker.

A Pet Talker can call a firehouse, halfway across the country,to arrange a special fireman visit to an occasion.

A Pet Talkerwill send a bottle of spirits to an event halfway across the planet.....for another Pet Talker...

robinh
07-18-2005, 01:31 PM
A Pet Talker will listen as you ramble on about your furkids when everyone else in the world thinks you're crazy.

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-18-2005, 01:34 PM
A PetTalker takes more pics of his pets than of his human kids....;)

furrykidsmother
07-18-2005, 01:34 PM
A Pet Talker will send prayers and hugs to people they have never met and generally worry about them, their families, furkids, skinkids, what ever the case may be. That is just something a Pet Talker does.

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-18-2005, 01:51 PM
A Pettalker will cry for every pet that passes away, even if it is on the other side of the world!!

kittycats_delight
07-18-2005, 01:56 PM
A pettalker will freely give help and advice to anyone that needs it and will be there for good times and bad

lizbud
07-18-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Maya & Inka's mommy
A Pettalker will cry for every pet that passes away, even if it is on the other side of the world!!

So true. And worry with you when your pet is sick & rejoice
when they recover.:)

luvofallhorses
07-18-2005, 02:04 PM
A pet talker will listen to you and be there for you when times are tough.

Kfamr
07-18-2005, 02:13 PM
A true Pet Talker will understand every little worry you have when it comes to your animals well-being.
There's been many cases when "friends" just sort of shrugged off when I mentioned one of my dogs being hurt or sick, however, Pet Talkers have always understood my worries.

Dixieland Dancer
07-18-2005, 02:48 PM

HOW TRUE! My son needed a picture of himself for a school project and it took an hour or so to find one through all the dog pictures. I felt so ashamed so I have been taking a lot more pictures of him recently. Of course he's usually with the dogs. What can I say.... I'm hopeless when it comes to my furkids! ;)

DJFyrewolf36
07-18-2005, 02:50 PM
A pet talker is there for you, even though they are far away. Distance doesn't make the caring you feel any less! No matter how "small" the problem is, a pet talker will always be encuraging and will help you through.

Kfamr
07-18-2005, 02:51 PM

In addition to that, a Pet Talker has more fur/fin/feather/scale-kids than human kids! :p :D

jenluckenbach
07-18-2005, 02:54 PM
I pet talker will buy or give things to another pet talker even though they've never met in person.

Logan
07-18-2005, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
In addition to that, a Pet Talker has more fur/fin/feather/scale-kids than human kids! :p :D

Amen to that, Kay, and to everything else you guys have posted, how true!

A Pet Talker finds that she/he has her/his best friends via Pet Talk, not in person, but it doesn't seem to matter! :)

Cincy'sMom
07-18-2005, 05:34 PM
A pet Talker doesn't go on vacation without checking to see what other Pet Talkers they may meet up with along the way

Corinna
07-18-2005, 06:08 PM
An older pet talker will understand when you laugh out loud when clam juice is mentioned.

gini
07-18-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
A pet Talker doesn't go on vacation without checking to see what other Pet Talkers they may meet up with along the way

So true - that is how I got to meet Miss Meow in Australia.
Told her I was coming - and I spent a whole day with Nicole and Shane - a wonderful day I will never, ever forget!

dukedogsmom
07-18-2005, 06:14 PM
That's also how I got Doogie. While I was in Ohio visiting Anna and Robin. What a great network we run. It gave me great pleasure to get a PT kitty.

gini
07-18-2005, 06:16 PM
A Pet Talker will come to your home and............

cook a meal...........
wash your dishes..............
clean your kitchen floor.............
go to the market/Costco with you and won't let you carry
anything heavy!

after you refuse their monetary help........they are sneaky
and leave money hidden in drawers that you find after
they have left..............

clean your litter box because you are busy......or because
you forgot.............

never complain that you only have one bathroom in the house and you have to wait your turn..............

clean up your back yard - put the food away and tell you to
sit down and relax!

Give your kitty more attention than he normally gets and understand that there really are two more - but they are shy
and formerly feral.

Become rock solid friends that you deeply care about..........you cry together and you laugh together just as hard.

captain
07-18-2005, 06:42 PM
A Pet Talker understands when you post 1000's of pictures of your furkids, and never says "that's enough!!" :D

animal_rescue
07-18-2005, 06:42 PM
A pet talker will always have the camera on them, even in the bathroom!:p

jenluckenbach
07-18-2005, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
An older pet talker will understand when you laugh out loud when clam juice is mentioned.
And Frito Feet!

Logan
07-18-2005, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by gini
A Pet Talker will come to your home and............

cook a meal...........
wash your dishes..............
clean your kitchen floor.............
go to the market/Costco with you and won't let you carry
anything heavy!

after you refuse their monetary help........they are sneaky
and leave money hidden in drawers that you find after
they have left..............

clean your litter box because you are busy......or because
you forgot.............

never complain that you only have one bathroom in the house and you have to wait your turn..............

clean up your back yard - put the food away and tell you to
sit down and relax!

Give your kitty more attention than he normally gets and understand that there really are two more - but they are shy
and formerly feral.

Become rock solid friends that you deeply care about..........you cry together and you laugh together just as hard.

That made me cry. :( How sweet, Gini.

cyber-sibes
07-18-2005, 08:21 PM
Pet Talkers are former strangers that become friends because they care as much about our furkids as we do.

Pet Talkers are people that love celebrating the bond of kinship we share with all animals great & small!

Pet Talkers know that a picture is worth a thousand words.....and we love the thousands of pictures of our pets!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
07-18-2005, 08:56 PM
Pet Talkers listen -- TRULY LISTEN -- to how you feel and try and make you feel good about yourself, so much that it makes you cry every time you read their words, even when they are on the other side of the world.

Pet Talkers know when you aren't feeling well or somethings bothering you just by how you post.

Pet Talkers know everything thats going on in your life, whether pet related or not. They know your situation and know when somethings not right.

Pet Talkers cry together... through good times and bad, funny and sad, hilarious and down right disappointing.

Pet Talkers are people who care so much about each other they will send you anything you need, wherever you are.

Pet Talkers are a group of people, growing every day, that have each others backs, are a huge family, can trust anyone with anything, and love each other and their furkids like they are their own.

Pet Talkers mean the world to me. Like Logan said, these people are your BEST FRIENDS... distance doesn't matter, all that matters is the love we have for each other and how much we care about each other.

I LOVE PET TALK!

G535
07-18-2005, 09:07 PM

I've done that quite a few times and I haven't been here all that long!

anna_66
07-18-2005, 10:18 PM
A Pet Talker is part of a group, a group of wonderful people who come together in times of need to help out people they've never even met.

A Pet Talker is someone who offers their home and their hearts:)

catnapper
07-18-2005, 10:55 PM
A Pet Talker sends gifts and toys "just because."

Pet Talkers rally round and help in times of hardship to make vet care possible when someone finds themselves unable to cope with the expenses.

K9karen
07-18-2005, 11:08 PM
DITTO! DITTO! DITTO!
I LOVE YOU GUYS!

davidpizzica
07-19-2005, 12:01 AM
Only a Pet Talker would fall in love with another Pet Talker! That's you, Donna!

slick
07-19-2005, 01:55 AM
clean your litter box because you are busy......or because you forgot.............
:eek: :eek: Gee, and all this time I thought it was Rascal, Annie and Emma's pee biscuits I was cleaning.....:eek: :eek: :D

NoahsMommy
07-19-2005, 03:26 AM
I couldn't even read page three yet because I'm in tears already.

PTers are amazing...by far THE BEST friends/family I've ever had in my life. I LOVE my friends here so darn much....the very thought of Tonya, Stace, Slick and Laurie leaving me has me crying like a baby.

A Pet Talker will....

Listen to me cry...for hours on end. Just listening and telling me I'm wonderful.

Call me and email me in the hospital...just because they care.

Call me, email me and PM me when they don't hear from me after 24 hours to make sure I'm OK.

Talk to me about the most "embarressing" things on earth....until 3:00 a.m.....in three seperate time zones.

Clean my bath tub and shower for me, because she knows I can't do it without pain. (((((((hugs)))))))

Send me care packages, because they care.

Listen to me...whenever I need it. Send me love...whenever I need it. Pray for me, whenever I need it.

Will understand when my cat pee's on the gift she JUST gave me!!! (PEE PEE!!!! :mad: )

Will offer to make me special food....or make me special food. (((hugs)))

Listen to me cry and complain that I LOATHE what the prednisone has done to my body. :( And when I say I'm fat and heddious, they say I'm gorgeous and they love me anyway!

Offer constant support...and are there for me to give my support as well.

Will start threads or prayer chains....or put prayers in signatures....when we are too sick, scared, worried, concerned to do it ourselves.

A Pet Talker is a TRUE friend, that really cares.

OK...time to STOP crying. ;)

shais_mom
07-19-2005, 03:55 AM
Mine will be short - tho sincere- b/c my plane leaves in a few hours to head back to the real world......

A Pet Talker will do what they all have stated before me.
A Pet Talker will pick you up at the airport - sight unseen and allow another Pet Talker to stay with them.

Get up at the a$$crack of dawn to take another Pet Talker to the airport.

Give you a signed autographed picture of their cat for YOUR cat's pin up and make special requested salsa...

So much more to say..

A PET TALKER will sob their heart out no matter what their makeup ends up looking like just because you are saying good bye and going back to what brought you together in the first place.........

Barbara
07-19-2005, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by shais_mom

A Pet Talker will pick you up at the airport - sight unseen and allow another Pet Talker to stay with them.

.... and it will be as if you were friends since you were 5 years old:) .

A Pet Talker will understand that your cat has a girlfriend on a different continent;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-19-2005, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by slick

:eek: :eek: Gee, and all this time I thought it was Rascal, Annie and Emma's pee biscuits I was cleaning.....:eek: :eek: :D

http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20944%20laughing_on_ground.gifhttp://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20944%20laughing_on_ground.gif

Oh my Slick, now I have icetea all over my new screen ;) http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20944%20laughing_on_ground.gif

I just LOVE this thread!! It is ALL SOO TRUE!!!!:) http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20959%20grouphug.gif

Kfamr
07-19-2005, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Barbara
.... and it will be as if you were friends since you were 5 years old:) .

Yep! And even their family feels like your family.

Only a PT'er would understand the significance of putting a bundle of fur from each pet into cards or letters, or having them "sign their name" or make a paw print.

Only a PT'er would understand why there's so much fur on the couch, floor, everywhere.

Only a PT'er would give up their seat at another PT'ers home if their dog/cat/what have you chooses it.

Only a PT'er would understand the "value" of keeping their dogs "first collar", "first bandana", etc..

Only a PT'er would take a picture of all of my dog's (tennis) balls and get a chuckle out of it.

There's so much more. I'm so happy I've gotten to meet some of the people I have but wish I lived closer to them. Even if you haven't met the PT'er in person before, the first time you do it seems like you've known them for quite a while. I'm able to tell some of my best friends, and yes, my best friends are PT'ers, stuff i'd never be able to tell my parents, or feel comfortable telling anyone else.

Pawsitive Thinking
07-19-2005, 09:32 AM
A PTer will make you feel like part of a huge and loving family from the first day you meet

RICHARD
07-19-2005, 11:55 AM
Oh dear.

Even I have leaky eye syndrome!

A Pet Talker understands.

A Pet Talker can stare at their sleeping animals for hours.

A Pet Talker knows no barriers, such as time or distance...

A Pet Talker will forgive a pet if they leave a mess, throw up, wreck the house...

A Pet Talker has more patience with their pets than they do with real family members!!

:eek: :cool:

momoffuzzyfaces
07-19-2005, 12:14 PM
A Pet Talker takes the time to make a certain other Pet Talker feel she is part of the BBQ fun even though her traveling days are over.

OK! I'm going to rat you all out now!

Last week I got two packages: one from Gini and one from certain other members. Both were marked: DO NOT OPEN UNTIL JULY 16.

Gini sent me one of the wonderful BBQ aprons she and Lut made. That started me grinning! Then I opened the other box: it had pink flip flops, and assorted other California items. It also had Mario's cousin Mario!!!! (seems the entire mario family is named mario except for the mama. She is named mama mia!!! :D )
Thanks tonya, slick, kelly, gini and richard!!! And Lut too!

They even let me talk to them at the BBQ, while the firemen were there no less!!!!!

You all made me so very happy!!!

Yep, Pet Talkers care about each other and are a family.
:D :D

Karen
07-19-2005, 12:21 PM
A Pet Talker cries more than most people, but also smiles more often than most.

A Pet Talker knows that love knows no boundaries - not distance, age, nationality, species or breed.

A Pet Talker is known to begin sentances with phrases like, "My friend (insert name here) from (insert distant place name here) was just saying ..." and get interrupted by someone asking, "How do you know someone from there?"

A Pet Talker doesn't find it at all strange to be asked to pray for an animal or human they've never seen.

NoahsMommy
07-19-2005, 08:28 PM
Stac....that last one hit home...I think we all look less-beautiful today. :(

dukedogsmom
07-19-2005, 08:40 PM
Only a PTer would understand having your pet on your nails. I showed them to a guy the other day and he said: "That's just too much."
A woman looked at me like I was crazy because I said I could remember animal names easier than people names.
Only a PTer would understand the deep bond we have with our animals. They're not JUST a dog, etc.
Only a PTer would send money to a complete stranger to help with the rescue of an animal.

green_chameleon_girl
07-19-2005, 08:58 PM
A pet-talker will always be your friend, threw thick and thin, and be a shoulder to lean on when needed:)

countrycowgirl
07-19-2005, 10:21 PM
aww this is a great thread !!!

only a Pet Talker would be there for you and listen to you when you need them most!

only a Pet Talker would let you ramble on and on about how worried you are about your pets and still smile give you a hug and tell you it was goint to be alright!

:D

Oggyflute
07-20-2005, 12:50 AM
A Pet Talker loves & cares, unconditionally. A Pet Talker lives our dreams and supports us in our failures.

Yep, I have best mates all around the world, thanks to the most wonderful community of Pet Talk.:)

Rachel
07-20-2005, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by ILoveMyAbbyGirl

Pet Talkers mean the world to me. Like Logan said, these people are your BEST FRIENDS... distance doesn't matter, all that matters is the love we have for each other and how much we care about each other.

This is the first thing I would write down, then every other thing that has been said in this thread.

But I have to add that a Pet Talker knows how to interpret and type as their pet communicates what they want to relate on line.

finn's mom
07-20-2005, 07:53 AM
Only a Pet Talker would drive for hours or buy a plane ticket to hang out at a dog park, even if there's one five minutes down the street. Now, that's committment.

shais_mom
07-20-2005, 04:32 PM
Only a PT'er would get a phone call from a zillion miles away from 3 crazy PT girls from different parts of the country asking for Map quest directions and when he says "are you serious?" -gets squeals of laughter in return! ;)

A PT'er would drive to parts unknown to rescue an old dog with a sweet face just b/c they are helping out a friend they have never 'met' face to face.

A PT'er will hear "you are doing WHAT for your vacation?" and answer traveling across the US to meet people I have never met -well they are Pet People- and hear 'oh then that's ok!'

A PT'er gets a call from another PT'er in hysterics and crying - will call yet another PT'er to make sure they are ok.

shais_mom
07-20-2005, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by finn's mom
Only a Pet Talker would drive for hours or buy a plane ticket to hang out at a dog park, even if there's one five minutes down the street. Now, that's committment.

Or hang out in someone's back yard with 30 other people who did the same thing! :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-20-2005, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Only a PT'er would understand why there's so much fur on the couch, floor, everywhere.

Not only that, a PTer will not even blink an eye when they're visiting another PTer and discover a hairball on the carpet, or when one of the kitties they're visiting accidentally goes pee pee in her favorite box. A PTer doesn't blink an eye at these types of things because they understand. They understand what it's like to have hairballs and how the carpeting doesn't really matter as long as the hairball hacker and the pee pee'er are ok, because that's really all that matters anyway.

Everything you've all said is all so true!

Somebody asked me at the BBQ how I felt about flying half way across the country to meet people I've never met before. First of all I told them it's no big deal because this isn't the first time we've done something like that, and then I told them that it's not true that we've never met. We have met and we meet almost everyday here on PT. It's quite often that we know more about each other than our family, nearby friends and neighbors. The reason we instantly feel like family when we meet face to face is because we are family. Cyber or not, we are a big family that love and care for each other and that's what makes PT so wonderful! :D

Come on everybody, group hug! :D

RICHARD
07-20-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

Come on everybody, group hug! :D

Only a PTer would ask for a group hug, even if I didn't put on any deodorant this morning.

Only a PTer would have an adventure, as a bag lady, allow us to share in the horror of that adventure, then let us to make her smile, even tho we aren't so sure about what WE would do in that same situation!!

dukedogsmom
07-20-2005, 07:06 PM
Reading all these brings a big smile to my face. Too bad we can't all live together in one big community somewhere. We'd always have people we could count on.

jenluckenbach
07-20-2005, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Reading all these brings a big smile to my face. Too bad we can't all live together in one big community somewhere. We'd always have people we could count on.
we DO have people we can count on. :)

joycenalex
07-20-2005, 09:03 PM
...a pet talker rushes home to check to see if a baby has arrived half a world away...
...a pet talker can ask for advice on where to visit on vacation and 3 people PM with good things to see and do...
...a pet talker gets birthday wishes from around the globe...

zippy-kat
07-20-2005, 09:35 PM
Ohhh my... I was warned not to read this thread without a box of tissues handy... now I see why.

Only a Pet Talker would

.... allow another pet talker to stick a dragon on their car window.

.... ask a waiter and/or the manager of the hotel to pose with an outrageous sign, because another pet talker asked you too.

.... understand the importance of cone rescue.

.... use their head and give practical gifts (like night shirts, soap, and ice cubes) for presents. ;)

.... give another pet talker the finger ---- in a bowl of chilli.

.... make a wonderful dinner of crabcakes and asperigussssses and discuss horses, dogs, cats and snakes - oh and of course the occasional human.

.... understand if it's not a "make the bed" kind of day.

.... ask the Albertson's clerk for a pen and end up running amuck in the freezer section.

.... understand that some secrets are funny, some heart-wrenching, some political, some neccessary - and know when it's ok (and/or not ok) to spill, be it for laughs, for help, for security, for privacy.

.... make sure the bouquet (or any other gift) is bunny-safe before sending.

A PT'er would drive to parts unknown to rescue an old dog with a sweet face just b/c they is helping out a friend they have never 'met' face to face.
Stace... *tears* I'm speechless... I've been thinking it the whole time, but you've voiced it beautifully.

**Edited to add one that, to this day, still makes me cry.**

Only a pet talker will walk her dogs (first one, then the other), and talk to one small angel bunny...

jesse_3
07-21-2005, 12:38 AM
You have all written what I was thinking of, I think! It is hard to read all of them, so here are a couple from me..

A true PT'er will stay up until 3:00 am in the morning waiting for that one PT'er to post!

Understanid embareesing moments and not be critical about it.

Be looking at posts and seeing that one only has 1 post and replying to it.

Taking the mask off your face and letting everyone on PT the REAL you!

There are many more, but that is all I can type right now...If someone has time, they should go through, and make a list of what a PT'er is, so everyone can print it off and keep it forever! (I'm sorry, but I'm too busy to do so)

Steph and Jes

RICHARD
07-21-2005, 02:17 PM
A Pet Talker remembers that you collect stamps, will send you some and not ask for anything in return.

A Pet Talker remembers little things about people they have never met....Like how many ice cubes they take in their Coke.

A Pet Talker will travel the world to get 60 cents-two quarters and two nickels.

A Pet Talker will drag their signifigant others to a PT gathering, then find out that the Non Members had MORE fun than THEY did.

jenluckenbach
07-21-2005, 03:01 PM
Pet talkers will lift you up when you are clinically depressed by telling you how wonderful you are, even though you can't believe a word of it.

Pet talkers will give other pet talkers their REAL name, address and phone number even though they have never met in person. (no need to hide behind a screen name when you are among friends)

slick
07-21-2005, 09:33 PM
Since arriving home from CA, I've had a hard time getting back into Pet Talk. Just now, I was thinking about the past week and have come up with these conclusions. I have not read the other responses so forgive me if some of these have been said before.

A PT'er will laugh with you and not at you.
A PT'er will hear all your innermost secrets, and not judge you.
A PT'er will accept you and love you in spite of your anal ways.
A PT'er will trust you by sharing parts of their lives that could be embarrassing.
A PT'er will not laugh at how you look when you first get up in the morning.
A PT'er will let you clean up their cat's puke.
A PT'er will let you clean out their cat's litter boxes.
A PT'er will rescue another PT'er from the streets of LA at 2:30am.
A PT'er will be glad to clean out the tub at 3am when a rescued PT'er wants a shower.
A PT'er will be willing to make multiple trips to the store for other PT'ers.
A PT'er will give you a book as a present, take it back to read, then give it back to you.
A PT'er will say "Sure" when you say "That's neat. Can I keep it?"
A non-smoking PT'er will be happy to buy ciggies for another PT'er.
A PT'er makes the bestest friend.
PT'ers give the best hugs.

Above all....
A PT'er will invite you back to their house more than once a year! :)

shais_mom
07-22-2005, 01:04 PM
A PT'er will drive 3 hours to help another PT family during a tragedy and time of heartache, just to let their dogs out to potty and play so they won't have to worry about them...

jenluckenbach
07-23-2005, 04:55 AM
A pet talker will do extensive research to help another pet talker with a problem they can't seem to handle alone.

Cincy'sMom
07-23-2005, 08:07 AM
A PT'er will drive 3 hours to help another PT family during a tragedy and time of heartache, just to let their dogs out to potty and play so they won't have to worry about them...

I was just going to add that. Thank you, Phred, and and thank you Staci, for mentioning it.

Jennsen
07-23-2005, 09:34 AM
A Pet Talker has been in tears from the first post in this thread.

A Pet Talker will run all over the neighborhood in sub-zero temps, with a pair of work boots on and a night-gown trying to find the stray kitten that was just crying outside.

A Pet Talker will drive their car into a tree trying to avoid hitting an animal on the road.

A Pet Talker will stop their car and rescue an injured animal...no matter what the cost is.

A Pet Talker will unconciously be scanning people's yards looking for neglected pets.

A Pet Talker will unconditionally love any animal, and will hold and comfort them even if there infested with lice, fleas, or covered in poop.

A Pet Talker cant watch movies such as dog or horse races, injuring effects, ect...but cant miss Animal Cops!

RICHARD
07-23-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Jennsen
A Pet Talker will drive their car into a tree trying to avoid hitting an animal on the road.

A Pet Talker will have their insurance premiums paid up!;)

shais_mom
07-23-2005, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
I was just going to add that. Thank you, Phred, and and thank you Staci, for mentioning it.

No Problem Amy - that's what Pet Talker/Friends are for.....

I wanted to mention it b/c I wasn't sure you would be able to....

(hugs)

Cinder & Smoke
07-24-2005, 11:12 AM
:)

A Pet Talker does all This Stuff

without ever for a moment thinking

they're doing anything 'special'.

It' all just what Pet Talkers *DO* for Friends!

:D

gini
07-24-2005, 11:34 AM
Yeah, Phred, like asking Fireman to show up at your BBQ - :eek: :eek: :D :D

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
07-24-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by jesse_3

There are many more, but that is all I can type right now...If someone has time, they should go through, and make a list of what a PT'er is, so everyone can print it off and keep it forever! (I'm sorry, but I'm too busy to do so)

Steph and Jes

I was actually going to do that once we were done, then post it or email it or PM it or WHATNOT... if anyone would like a copy, please let me know. :)

moosmom
07-24-2005, 02:35 PM
I've read all the posts here so far and also have LES.

A Pet Talker will stop their car and put out cat food when they see a stray crossing the street in the middle of the night.

A Pet Talker will drive a bazillion miles from Florida just to adopt a cat named Doogie. ;)

A Pet Talker will always give you love and support not matter WHAT is going on in THEIR life.

Hey Phred,

How about calling firemen in MY town and giving them my name and address??? ;)

Pam
07-24-2005, 02:41 PM
Somehow I missed this, but I agree with everything that has been written thus far. I would never have believed this before, but some of my very best friends in the whole world are Pet Talkers. When I check my e-mail at night it is the mail of my fellow Pet Talkers that I read first. We share a strong bond of loving our pets and I do believe that people who love pets are the nicest people of all.

Pet Talkers care for each other in thick and thin, are ready with suggestions in times of need, are witty and smart, and are always ready to pray for a family member either flesh or furry, of another PTer. And.....there is always a Pet Talker awake somewhere in the world! LOL! Sometimes if I have a bit of insomnia I can log on and read a post by a very alert and awake PTer *across the pond.* ;)

shais_mom
07-24-2005, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by moosmom

Hey Phred,

How about calling firemen in MY town and giving them my name and address??? ;)

I already told him he was in charge of my 30th bday in Oct! ;)

shais_mom
01-14-2006, 11:19 PM
After what has been going on recently with Phred - and seeings that our beloved Lbaker drove over 6 hours to visit our Phrend in the hospital.
A Pet Talker - drives ? hours to visit another Pet Talker in the hospital.
The visiting Pet Talker gets lost - sees she is headed to New York and turns around to go back.
While that Pet Talker is lost - the PET TALKER PATIENT calls another PET TALKER 3 hours away who in turns calls a very very sick PET TALKER who gives them the number for a PET TALKER in CANADA who might know where the LOST SHEEP is! ;) In the meantime, the PET TALKER PATIENT calls California and leaves a message b/c that PET TALKER might know where the LOST SHEEP is! ;)
The moral of the story???
How many PET TALKERS does it take to call how many COASTS and Canadian Provinces to find a PET TALKER in their state? At least she wasn't lost in that D--n Virginia!

---------------------------------------------------
Also a pet talker gets a phone call from another pet talker's husband over a month in advance about her 40th surprise party and sends her cards stating "see you in the Spring" so she doesn't suspect. One pet talker takes her out to lunch and lies thru her teeth to her while 3 other PetTalkers show up to her house and ask Husband Pet Talker "can we help" and when she is SURPRISED - she keeps telling the Pet Talkers "I can't believe your all here!" course she meant all her party guests but that's ok ! :D Then the party hosts open their home to the pet talkers to do what they do best - TALK - for hours- and then buy them pizza!
;)

Flatcoatluver
01-14-2006, 11:32 PM
A pet talker send you cards and prayers when you or your family is in trouble, when you never meet them.

I know my mom first thoguht this was a chat room untill she read all the supports and stuff you get from people.

Daisy and Delilah
01-15-2006, 08:12 AM
In all my years, I've never seen anything like PT. Where else can you make the best friends you've ever had, receive Christmas gifts from people who hardly know you but think you're a wonderful person because you said something nice about one of their pets, receive compliments from people who have never met you, receive well wishes before surgery from people who hardly know you? A Pet Talker cries for each others losses, sick pets, and anything else that would bring a strain to that fellow Pet Talker. Where else would you see dozens of people deeply concerned on a daily basis about one man that has created a stir worldwide(we love you Phred)? What an amazing place and the most wonderful group of people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. It was the happiest day of my life when I discovered Pet Talk! :)

shais_mom
01-16-2006, 07:07 AM
bump

;)

anna_66
01-16-2006, 07:37 AM
After what has been going on recently with Phred - and seeings that our beloved Lbaker drove over 6 hours to visit our Phrend in the hospital.
A Pet Talker - drives ? hours to visit another Pet Talker in the hospital.
The visiting Pet Talker gets lost - sees she is headed to New York and turns around to go back.
While that Pet Talker is lost - the PET TALKER PATIENT calls another PET TALKER 3 hours away who in turns calls a very very sick PET TALKER who gives them the number for a PET TALKER in CANADA who might know where the LOST SHEEP is! ;) In the meantime, the PET TALKER PATIENT calls California and leaves a message b/c that PET TALKER might know where the LOST SHEEP is! ;)
The moral of the story???
How many PET TALKERS does it take to call how many COASTS and Canadian Provinces to find a PET TALKER in their state? At least she wasn't lost in that D--n Virginia!

---------------------------------------------------
Also a pet talker gets a phone call from another pet talker's husband over a month in advance about her 40th surprise party and sends her cards stating "see you in the Spring" so she doesn't suspect. One pet talker takes her out to lunch and lies thru her teeth to her while 3 other PetTalkers show up to her house and ask Husband Pet Talker "can we help" and when she is SURPRISED - she keeps telling the Pet Talkers "I can't believe your all here!" course she meant all her party guests but that's ok ! :D Then the party hosts open their home to the pet talkers to do what they do best - TALK - for hours- and then buy them pizza!
;)
Took me a while and a couple times reading it, but I finally understand why so many people had to be called:D
Driving all that way, yep...That's a REAL PET TALKER!!!

And to the surprise PET TALKERS:p

PET TALKERS ROCK:D

lbaker
01-16-2006, 09:55 AM
Hey guys.. it was a three day weekend. Jenny was painting my kitchen. Received a GREAT deal on a Rental Car. There was nothing on TV. I felt needed. I would do it again for any of you, so would most of you for me. :cool: Thanks Staci ~ I love you too

Miss Z
01-16-2006, 12:12 PM
A pet talker is...

1. Caring. You have to be with animals;)
2. Dedicated. Cleaning poop and still finding time to come on here isn't everyone's cup of tea!!!
3. Helpful. They are prepared to share advice and experience to help others.
4. Sympathetic. It's brilliant the way that they can give so many good wishes and prayers.

And of course...

A natterbox!!!!!

They should have 'Pet Talker' defined in the Oxford dictionary!!!!!:D

lbaker
01-16-2006, 03:31 PM
I do believe it IS defined in the PetTalk Furmanology Dictonary!

lv4dogs
01-16-2006, 03:40 PM
What a great & honest thread! I can't wait till I have more time to read every post.

shais_mom
01-16-2006, 03:42 PM
What a great & honest thread! I can't wait till I have more time to read every post.
you will be glad you did!
I read it thru again yesterday and it brought back so many special memories of last summer I cried all over again!

RICHARD
03-02-2006, 03:30 AM
:D Everytime I see or talk to someone I have met on PT I am reminded of what POTD is all about.

What is a Pet Talker?

To borrow the slogan on the Harley Davidson shirts I have seen-

"If I have to explain it to you, you would not understand"

Or,

A Pet Talker can't be explained in mere words-how do you define "emotion"?

----------------------

What is a Pet Talker?

Why bother to explain?

It's bigger than all of us!

Anita Cholaine
03-02-2006, 01:38 PM
Well... I started getting emotional on page 3, and now I think I'm going to cry... What a great thread! I feel a lot better after reading it. It made me realize how lucky and blessed I was of finding this wonderful family called Pet Talk...

*Tears start coming out*:D

lbaker
03-02-2006, 02:46 PM
A Pet Talker will pick which out of town shows to work depending on whether there is a Pet Talker there. Even one she's never met "face to face" before ;) then, of course, introduce herself to the dog first (Nebo) :D

RICHARD
04-09-2006, 02:22 AM
A pet talker will totally forget the handsome firemen who came to their aid.-because they are worried about their parents. ;)

Again,
The people I have met and not met are a constant source of inspiration to me.

The internet and the world are huge-bigger than you can imagine-the heart of a Pet Talker is very easy to grasp.

It is the limitless character of all of you.

RICHARD
04-29-2006, 02:58 AM
A Pettalker is someone who sponsors a kitty and then drives a motorhome across the country to meet them (and another PTer!}

Debbie, Alexa and UA ROCK! :D

RICHARD
06-30-2006, 12:54 AM
A pettalker opens their home to travelers,
calls other pet talkers to invite them to meet the travelers,
lets someone use the blender to make slushies and gives a
tour of their garden and gives them samples of their mint plants.

A heart may still belong in Chicago-but the soul can't be found on a map.... :D

Dorothy39
06-30-2006, 04:32 PM
This thread must be an excerpt from " Pet Talk for the Soul!!"

I think I will make a "Pet Talk Button". or

paint a picture of Pet Talk moments,

or, even write a song about "Pet Talk"

this forum is sensational,, We will live on forever!!!!!!

I am proud to be a registered member on "Pet Talk! :)

DrKym
06-30-2006, 04:54 PM
A Pet Talker is a real person with flaws and frailties and that excuses those same things in others.

One word?
Person
you are all amazing and I am proud to be a part of it! :)

RICHARD
07-24-2006, 08:00 AM
A pet talker will take a vacation, clear across the country and think nothing of offering to cut someone's hair..

A pet talker will accept a haircut, even while other PTers are telling you she
is qualified because, "SHE GROOMS DOGS!" ;)

-------------------------------------------

A pet talker keeps playing the lottery because they dream of throwing a party-

And being able to toss a plane ticket in with the envelope. :cool:

captain
07-24-2006, 07:52 PM
A pet talker will accept a haircut, even while other PTers are telling you she is qualified because, "SHE GROOMS DOGS!" ;)

WHAT???? Isn't that a qualification ........ :D

mruffruff
07-25-2006, 02:14 PM
I certainly thought so :D

RICHARD
09-06-2006, 01:56 AM
A Pet Talker is not anyone who fits a profile.

A PTer is someone who adopts the neighbors cats and complains-
not about the caring for them,but the fact that they rush the door when they come out.

A PTer is someone who will never wrestle a croc, but will shed tears when someone they have never met meets an untimely demise.

A PTer is someone who who sees a person walking a dog and almost rear ends the car in front of them to watch the dog!

dukedogsmom
09-06-2006, 02:00 AM
Richard, I really have almost done the last one! That is so funny.

jenluckenbach
09-06-2006, 04:56 AM
A pet talker in Washington state will save a kitty in New York City from certain death at the pound.

RICHARD
04-27-2007, 10:02 AM
A pet talker will proudly post pictures of their new toilet seat, bought on E bay!

jackmilliesmom
04-27-2007, 10:42 AM
A PetTalker is a friend accross the miles that will take you for what you are and make you laugh when you need it and share everything they own with you from their life experiences to their homes and their families if you need it.

I feel very priviliged to be a Pet Talker every day that I am one and every day that I am not....

Whisk_Luva
04-27-2007, 11:15 AM
A pet talker passes on kisses/hugs/treats to their pets from other pet talkers :D

Whisk_Luva
04-27-2007, 11:17 AM
A true pet talker would not put their animal in a shelter.... if they wanted to get rid of their pet they would personally find it a home as they know the risks of some shelters.

Whisk_Luva
04-27-2007, 11:18 AM
A pet talker is kind and forgiving and willing to make friends with almost anyone :)

Babyboonie
04-27-2007, 01:40 PM
ahhhhhhh you guys!!! Where's the tissues?

Pet Talkers are just amazing people (and animals!) :D

Kfamr
04-27-2007, 02:33 PM
I'd say this is a Pet Talker...
http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=125500&highlight=raven

Also, a Pet Talker is someone who gathers a bunch of gifts from other Pet Talkers to send to another Pet Talker's beloved dog as a welcome home gift after she went missing for 5 days.

Marigold2
04-27-2007, 05:29 PM
A pet talker will

Think watching a bunny eat his greens is cuter then all get out.

Finds friendship and love on this site.

To all my friends here what a lovely addion you have made to my life. You have truly enriched my days and I thank each and everyone of you. Hugs to you all. Monica

RICHARD
06-01-2007, 11:02 PM
A pet talker will have the most atrocious day-check in on the POTD site and forget all the trouble in their lives!

slick
06-02-2007, 12:08 AM
Finds friendship and love on this site. To all my friends here what a lovely addition you have made to my life. You have truly enriched my days and I thank each and every one of you. Hugs to you all. Monica I couldn't have said it better myself Monica. My work week has not been that good. It's been productive but not phun. I had a two-day conference downtown and that was good as I got to meet lots of people in my field and had a chance to do some networking.

...but all of that is behind me because I'm home with my kitty and I have Pet Talk and this weekend I'll be catching up on emails and letters to whom??? Pet Talkers of course. ;)

May I add just one thing??? A true Pet Talker friend knows how another Pet Talker likes her Martinis!!!!! :cool:

Love you all.
xoxoxoxo

Taz_Zoee
06-02-2007, 12:13 AM
A pet talker will have the most atrocious day-check in on the POTD site and forget all the trouble in their lives!

This is the truth!! That's why I check in every day. :D

RICHARD
09-17-2008, 06:10 PM
Pet Talkers are better than crutches. if you need them. And they do not wreck havoc with your armpits.

PTers understand the dynamics if you post about a problem in your life.

PTers will PM you messages of encouragement and even share bits of their life.
Just so you don't seem to be so alone.

PTers are people who have no problem admitting to LES or MES N. (Mis tee Eye Sihn drom) The effect of reading a post that make you want to get LES, but, because of your location you MES and pretend it's your allergies.;)

A PTer has no problem sending out bawdy messages, emails or cards to another PTer!

PTers are some of the most well read, talented, phunny, creative, 'slick', well meaning, honestly naughty, naughtily honest, fun loving people on the planet.

PT people have many talents that we know nothing about until they let us have a peek into what they can do.

PT People have ELECTROLYTES, Because That Is What Pet Talkers Need!

mustlovedogs
09-18-2008, 05:22 AM
Pet Talkers are better than crutches. if you need them. And they do not wreck havoc with your armpits.

lol, I love that one :D

Pet Talkers are people that, no matter what you post, they are always there for you and always love to help, no matter the situation.

RICHARD
09-22-2008, 08:08 PM
PTers are the people that you think about when you encounter a predicament in life.

You remember their post, the situation, then get the giggles.;)

Freedom
09-23-2008, 07:34 AM
Wow, I REALLY enjoyed reading this thread! Haven't seen it before. And I feel like I missed some interesting times here on PT! (Firemen at a BBQ??? among others)

I could repeat so much of it, it is so very true.

Hooray for Pet Talk and Pet Talkers!

Kirsten
09-23-2008, 07:57 AM
What a great thread - and so true!!! :)

Kirsten

RICHARD
11-10-2009, 02:31 PM
Time to reflect?

anna_66
11-10-2009, 02:45 PM
Time to reflect?

Most definitely Richard:)

Karen
11-10-2009, 02:47 PM
Pet Talkers are happy to share recipes when you're stuck for ideas ... and to try ones others post! It tickles me to know that Uncle Mac's banana bread recipe has been made in Germany and California ... especially because I can no longer eat it myself!

cassiesmom
11-10-2009, 06:46 PM
Pet Talkers are teachers who have taught me about everything from dogs to cooking to NASCAR!

Pet Talkers are people who have prayed for me and whom I have been privileged to pray for.

Pet Talkers are the people I'm always reminded of when I read something meaningful about pets.

Pet Talkers are the ones who post things that make me smile after the day has gone absolutely down the drain at work.

Pet Talkers understand what I mean when I say I chose not to take a vacation this year because of my cat.

Pet Talkers are the people who understand when I talk about my fur-nephew!

Pet Talkers read my posts about the dog I saw in Petsmart or my neighbor's dog or my mom and dad's neighbor's dog or the dog I saw walking with a person and I just had to post about!

Pet Talkers are those who have mailed me Christmas cards from all over the world, just because they chose to.

Pet Talkers are the people whose dogs, cats and pets' pictures are on my refrigerator!

RICHARD
12-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Just figured it out.

PTers are the most insane people on the planet.

I swear.

You sign up for the Christmas Card Swap and somehow your mail box explodes with some of the best, funniest, naughtiest and most thoughtful notes and cards from across the planet.

Nothing else to say,

Join the card swap next year and watch the fun begin.

You all still rock!

luckies4me
12-05-2009, 10:43 PM
Richard, you crack me up!

Pet Talkers don't mind having little monkey's hanging around while we cyber drink! :p

Pet Talkers are people who will try their darnedest to make your birthday a good one, even if your birthday was a few days ago.

Pet Talkers call you on the phone when you are going through some tough times, just to make sure you are doing OK.

orangemm
12-06-2009, 06:32 AM
I know if I wake up at 2 AM, that there are PT friends here who will have funny or meaningful things for me to read, great pictures for me to look at and will make me feel happy.:D

I love this place! And, all of you!:love:

Pinot's Mom
12-07-2009, 02:49 PM
PTers are friends that come about because their pets are cyber sweethearts! :D:love:

RICHARD
01-12-2010, 09:50 AM
A pettalker will wake up with a 15 pound cat sleeping on their side, never knowing how they slept thru the animal getting there!

shais_mom
07-21-2010, 11:46 PM
THESE ARE PETTALKERS.....
EVERYONE THAT SENT MONEY AND OR GAVE PRAYERS TO JOHNNY WALKER. GOD BLESS EVERYONE!!!

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=162340

RICHARD
09-13-2010, 09:30 PM
You know?

Pet of the Day people are some of the greatest people on the earth.

I have 'met' some of you,
Met some of you.;)
Know most of you and
Would never trade any of you for anyone else on the planet.

Sometimes?

I don't understand why all the 'kerfluffle' involved in threads makes us overly sensitive to each other's opinions.

We argue, disagree and show up later on for another thread.;)

--------

I have had my share of disagreements with people on the site?

But, I truly see who they are when they come back and engage me someplace else.

There is something truly noble in standing up for your ideals one day, then putting them aside tomorrow.

--------------

I always end up with LES - Damn stuff in the air - when I stop and think about what I get out of Pet Talk.

It's not anything I can put my hand on.

My heart has no hands.:p:o;)

cassiesmom
09-15-2010, 12:52 PM
A PT'er understands this :love:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=163357

CatsMeow
09-17-2010, 06:27 PM
A pet talker:

always A true friend to other PTERs
Will listen to someone go on and on about their furkids for three hours.

CatsMeow
09-17-2010, 06:27 PM
A PT'er understands this :love:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=163357

Oh yes. I understand that. Forgot to put that.

shais_mom
12-23-2010, 01:37 PM
http://www.lanefuneralhomes.com/_mgxroot/page_10806.php
John A. Morris. "aka PHRED"
HE was a PET TALKER!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-23-2010, 03:54 PM
http://www.lanefuneralhomes.com/_mgxroot/page_10806.php
John A. Morris.
HE was a PET TALKER!

Amen to that!!! :love:

*LabLoverKEB*
12-23-2010, 04:10 PM
A Pet Talker is someone who opens up their home and heart to two amazing doggies whose beloved owner recently passed away.:love:

cassiesmom
12-23-2010, 04:21 PM
PTers are those who lift us when we're down with pictures and stories about their cats, dogs, pets and families.

shais_mom
12-23-2010, 05:40 PM
A Pet Talker is someone who opens up their home and heart to two amazing doggies whose beloved owner recently passed away.:love:

Once again I wish we had a "like" button b/c I wouldn't JUST like this - I'd LOVE it!

*LabLoverKEB*
12-23-2010, 10:39 PM

Haha Staci, I do too! I often find myself saying outloud, "where did the 'like' button go?" as if I were on Facebook! :rolleyes::D

sana
12-24-2010, 03:01 AM

"where did the 'like' button go?" as if I were on Facebook! :rolleyes::D
that's exactly what happens to me! I saw this nice post on PT and thought I should like it and remembered there was no such thing! :o

shais_mom
12-24-2010, 08:52 AM
I belong to another vbulletin and instead of "liking" they have a "thumbs up" that you can do. :)

Catty1
12-24-2010, 09:00 AM
Pet Talkers are simply amazing! How can I put it? There are no words except one for me these days, and that word is Phred. :love::love::love:

To every PTr I have shared with, fought with, cried with - thank you for being my family. I love you!:love:

momoffuzzyfaces
12-24-2010, 09:36 AM
A Pet Talker is also one who helps another Pet Talker save 5 orphaned kittens with advise or prayers, or finances or even adopting some of them!!!
Yes, you all know who I mean!!! I can never thank you all enough!!! :D:love::love::love:

RICHARD
12-28-2013, 10:46 AM
A Pet Talker can make the seemingly impossible, possible.

You know who you are.

Randi
12-28-2013, 11:44 AM
A long-time Pet-talker has met at least one other Pet-talker. :)