PDA

View Full Version : pray for puppies

new mom to a veiled
07-17-2005, 10:47 PM
I could possibly be a puppy grandma........my doggy had a girlfriend over tonight!!!! I decided on pick of the litter......I'm sooooo excited all my friends think I'm nuts.....I figured all you guys would understand. Please cross your fingers for us.
Thanks

finn's mom
07-17-2005, 10:51 PM
Was it an accidental breeding? Just so you know, folks on here aren't always so understanding about this kind of thing. I hope the pups all get good homes. I just wanted to warn you that the responses you get may not all be pleasant or in your favor. Good luck.

new mom to a veiled
07-17-2005, 11:05 PM
It wasnt an accidental breeding. We have been waiting for this. We both own pure bred registered boxers. I will keep one puppy and she will keep two. We have family members who are fighting over the remaining puppies. These puppies will be well looked after. I would keep them all before they go bad owners. My dog came from a bad home and I would never want to see that happen to any animal

finn's mom
07-17-2005, 11:07 PM
cool. that's good to hear that they will all find homes!

CagneyDog
07-17-2005, 11:35 PM
Thats great news.

Do you have any experience with breeding?

cocker_luva
07-18-2005, 02:02 AM
congrats! i cant wait to see pics of mommy and puppies, possibly daddy if its ok. ;) i love boxers!!! good, no great luck with it all!!

Pawsitive Thinking
07-18-2005, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by new mom to a veiled
It wasnt an accidental breeding. We have been waiting for this. We both own pure bred registered boxers. I will keep one puppy and she will keep two. We have family members who are fighting over the remaining puppies. These puppies will be well looked after. I would keep them all before they go bad owners. My dog came from a bad home and I would never want to see that happen to any animal

You are just the sort of PTer we love!! Look forward to hearing how things progress

kittycats_delight
07-18-2005, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Brody's Mum
You are just the sort of PTer we love!! Look forward to hearing how things progress

Well said !!!!

finn's mom
07-18-2005, 08:32 AM
Hey, I sent you a pm, and, I'll say it in here, too. You'll be needin' to post pictures as soon as possible. ;)

Pawsitive Thinking
07-18-2005, 08:34 AM
Well said !!!!

Responsible pet owners are my favourite people in the whole wide world!

finn's mom
07-18-2005, 08:52 AM
Responsible pet owners are my favourite people in the whole wide world!

Hey, mine, too! :)

Pawsitive Thinking
07-18-2005, 08:53 AM
Group hug anyone? ;)

wolfsoul
07-18-2005, 11:34 AM
Just because they are registered doesn't mean they are good enough to be bred. I hope that you know all this already and have your dogs health certified for VWD, thyroid, cardio and hips. I hope you got them tested before breeding -- your female could now have an STD. I hope you are involved in showing/working as well. I also hope you have $1000 on hand for a C-section, as well as the thousands it costs to simply breed one litter. Not to mention pedigrees. Why exactly ARE you breeding??? If your dog came from a bad home, are you sure she has the temperment to be bred? How did you come in contact with her breeder if she came from another home?

Cost of Raising a Boxer litter (http://www.bellcrestboxers.com/littercost.html)

Sorry if it sounds like an attack. I have nothing against reputable breeders. I'm getting my pup from a breeder next year. If you are a reputable registered breeder then good for you, I hope this litter works out and brings some good prospects into the boxer world.

kittycats_delight
07-18-2005, 01:11 PM
Group hug anyone? ;)

Group Hug for all of us who love responsible pet owner !!!

lv4dogs
07-18-2005, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
Just because they are registered doesn't mean they are good enough to be bred. I hope that you know all this already and have your dogs health certified for VWD, thyroid, cardio and hips. I hope you got them tested before breeding -- your female could now have an STD. I hope you are involved in showing/working as well. I also hope you have $1000 on hand for a C-section, as well as the thousands it costs to simply breed one litter. Not to mention pedigrees. Why exactly ARE you breeding??? If your dog came from a bad home, are you sure she has the temperment to be bred? How did you come in contact with her breeder if she came from another home?

Cost of Raising a Boxer litter (http://www.bellcrestboxers.com/littercost.html)

Sorry if it sounds like an attack. I have nothing against reputable breeders. I'm getting my pup from a breeder next year. If you are a reputable registered breeder then good for you, I hope this litter works out and brings some good prospects into the boxer world.

well said!

Suki Wingy
07-18-2005, 01:26 PM
I also agree! Will you be docking and cropping? Docking is quick, but cropping takes work and dedication on your part.

luvofallhorses
07-18-2005, 01:41 PM
I also agree with wolfsoul!

cocker_luva
07-18-2005, 01:58 PM
Group hug anyone? ;)

ill get in on that!

new mom to a veiled
07-18-2005, 02:37 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wolfsoul

I have had my dog for a few years and he has the best temperment I have ever seen. He allowed an 8 week old kitten to run his life. My in-laws have been breeding boxers for 20 years (members of CKC etc.) and have been showing for just about as long. My dog was sold as a puppy to a single mom for her 2 kids. She later got an abusive boyfriend. When the dog would try to protect her the boyfriend would hit them both. My in-laws heard about this and took the woman her 2 kids and the dog to thier home. She later move to an apartment, and my in-laws would let the dog go. He has an acre of fenced yard here and a family who loves him. He is by my side all the time. If he cant go somewhere then we cant go to!!!

Both dogs were checked by our vets and have a perfect bill of health. I used to work for my vet, and he is very good to me. The reason we did this is because I wanted one of my dogs puppies. I could have very easily gotten a pup from my in-laws, but I love my dog so much I wanted his pup!!!

new mom to a veiled
07-18-2005, 02:40 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Suki Wingy
I also agree! Will you be docking and cropping? Docking is quick, but cropping takes work and dedication on your part

We will dock, I don't think we will crop. Cropping is no longer required for showing, besides I think they look so sweet with the big floppy ears

Giselle
07-19-2005, 02:25 AM
Well, congrats :)

However, Wolfsoul is NOT talking about a casual trip to the vets when she asked you about health testing the dog. When she meant to test the dog for hip dysplasia (which, by the way, has nothing to do with whatever experience your in-laws might have), Wolfsoul meant to ask did you OFA your dog?

When we asked, did you test her eyes, we mean did you CERF/Optigen her? If you don't know what these acronyms stand for, than I sincerely hope you spay her now to abort the litter or spay her after she has given birth. Also, even though your in-laws have been breeding and showing for a long time, well...as one forumer once said "Time means nothing if one has no ethics to begin with".

P.S. About that bit about loving your dog so much, you want his pup...Remember, the offspring of a Dog A will NOT be Dog A's exact clone. It's better to go back to a shelter and adopt a Boxer and love him/her for what he/she has to offer or go back to your in-laws and ask for a pup from the same parents of your dog. Also, that's not the right reason to breed. I'm sorry this is coming off a bit harsh, but I think your should neuter your baby.

I wish the owners of the pregnant bitch good luck and hope they consider the speuter route.