PDA

View Full Version : Caleb come home..

wolfsoul
07-17-2005, 09:21 PM
Caleb escaped from the house yesterday and we haven't seen him since. Any other time he's escaped he's come back within a few hours, but he's been gone for over 24 hours. He should have been back by now -- he didn't eat any food yesterday, and hasn't been back for food today, so he must be getting hungry. I'm sure someone has taken him in. I hope that's all it is. My neighbors have a history of killing neighborhood cats...

My mom spent all day looking for him, and I just got back from looking for him. He's never strayed far before. I just finished making some flyers and I'm going to go door to door and hand them out and post them up. I'm going to the vet's tomorrow anyways to help out with a surgery so I will post a flyer in the clinic. Hopefully he will be home by Tuesday -- I was going to take him with me to work and groom him then, and now he'll really NEED it. He gets so dirty when he escapes to the outdoors. I'm kicking myself for taking off his collar and bandana yesterday to brush his mane. I totally forgot to put it back on.

So, the flyers have two colour pictures of him. One full-body and one of his face. It says above them "LOST CAT" and then below it says "NEEDS MEDS AND SPECIAL FOOD OR HE'LL DIE!!!" Which of course isn't true, but I don't want someone to think they can keep him. "Tattoo in ear. NO TAIL. Fluffy, white, flame-point. Blue eyes. Siamese/Himilayan/Manx mix type cat. Last seen on ------- rd in Rutland on July 16th." "If you see "Caleb," please call ------- OR take him to Furry Friends Grooming Parlor (Tues-Sat)." Does that all sound alright?

Anyways, please think of Caleb. I hope someone is taking good care of him.

luvofallhorses
07-17-2005, 09:25 PM
Oh no, wolfsoul :( Please come home soon, Caleb, you are missed! {{hugs}} I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers for a safe return.

kittycats_delight
07-17-2005, 09:26 PM
Caleb sweetie come home. Your meowmie is worried about you. Be safe little one. I am gonna sent my Mytsi angel to help keep him safe until he is home with you safe and sound. All paws, whiskers, fingers and toes are crossed you find him soon and that he is ok.

Kfamr
07-17-2005, 11:52 PM
I hope Caleb comes home soon. :(

wolfsoul
07-17-2005, 11:58 PM
Thanks guys! I was afraid it would take forever to update with some good news, but luckily, Caleb just got home. It took forever to catch him. In the house he's not afraid of us at all, but when he's outside he becomes really weird. We chased him around the house several times. He cried like a kitten the entire time. He ended up in the neighbor's yard where my mom chased him around their garden. He would lie down, and as soon as she approached him, he'd run away and lie down somewhere else. He repeated that until finally my mom was able to grab him. I'm DEFINATLY bringing him to work on Tuesday...He is so dirty and his fur feels terrible. He smells like dirt.

Guess I handed out all of those flyers for nothing! :eek: My poor printer could have had a heart attack LOL.

Thanks again for the prayers, I appreciate it. I'll take some pictures of his groom on Tuesday and post the pics sometime this week. :)

catmandu
07-17-2005, 11:58 PM
THE FOUND CAT HOTEL ANGELS,HAVE STARTED A SEARCH PARTY,FOR CALEB,AND SO FAR,THEY HAVE FOUND EVERY CAT,THAT THEY HAVE LOOKED FOR.
I KNOW,THAT THEY WILL SEND CALEB HOME,SAFE AND SOUND,ASAP!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture571.jpg

G535
07-18-2005, 12:23 AM
I'm happy he's back. It's pretty terrible to try and find an inside cat that has gone missing outside, they turn into entirely different cats while outside.

Cataholic
07-18-2005, 06:49 AM
THANK GOD! He is home, safe and sound. Nawteekat Caleb!

I am so happy for you.

furrykidsmother
07-18-2005, 07:23 AM
Oh, I just saw this. So very, very glad it had a happy ending! Caleb you be good and stay inside!!

catmandu
07-18-2005, 09:59 AM
ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL RECOVERY,FOR THE FOUND CATS ANGEL LOST CAT LOST,AND FOUND SQUAD.YOU CANT BEAT,1000%.

CALEB,PLEASE DONT RUN AWAY,AGAIN.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/FoundCatFollies114.jpg

luvofallhorses
07-18-2005, 11:47 AM
Woohoo! I am glad he's back home where he belongs! :D

catnapper
07-18-2005, 12:11 PM
Glad to hear he's home safe and sound (if not a bit dirty)

Now Caleb, do not do that to your meowmie ever again!

popcornbird
07-18-2005, 03:47 PM
Naw-tee Caleb! Thank God he came back safe and sound!!!

momcat
07-18-2005, 04:01 PM
My very first thought was, "Oh no, not Caleb!" I can't tell you how relieved I felt to find out he's right back where he belongs. When you're outside with him could he think you're playing a chase game with him rather than trying to catch him? Please don't run out like that anymore, Caleb. You're poor Meowmie was so upset and everyone on PT was worried about you!!!

dukedogsmom
07-18-2005, 06:00 PM
I just now saw this. I'm so glad he's home safe. Glad he got pooped before your mom did :p

DogLover9501
07-18-2005, 07:38 PM
I just seen this! I am so glad that Caleb is home now, and I can't wait to see pictures after he gets groomed :)

wolfsoul
07-18-2005, 09:27 PM
Thanks everyone! :) I appreciate it.

Caleb has never come to work with me before, so I bet he's going to be pretty freaked out tomorrow. I've worked on taking him for walks and taking him to the beach and whatnot since he was quite small, and he does like dogs and other cats, so I'm hoping he'll be okay. He'll need some prayers for that too now. :)

orangemm
07-19-2005, 05:16 AM
Well, it can't be any worse than the wild outdoors!

Caleb, stay HOME from now on...no unauthorized outings on your own!!!