PDA

View Full Version : Need prayers

catnapper
07-17-2005, 11:20 AM
My daughter's boyfriend's mom is very sick right now - she's in the hospital for a serious problem, and the hospital has no idea what it is. She went in Friday afternoon and they still haven't determined what is making her so sick.

She works at the hospital, and they think she contacted some type of bacterial infection in her stomach, but they have no idea what it is, so they can't fix it quite yet. She's stable right now, so there's not too much worry, but they have to find the source bacteria soon! The whole hospital could be infected with this bacteria and not know it!!!!

This young man is like a son to us, so we need prayers that he doesn't lose his mom. Without her, he has his grandparent, who aren't capable of raising him themsleves.

King Spartacus
07-17-2005, 11:31 AM
Prayers and well wishes are on their way!!! Fingers crossed they'll find out what it is, and that it's easily fixable!!!

Hugs from Sylvie, KS' mom

finn's mom
07-17-2005, 11:32 AM
I'll be thinking of him and his family. :(

luvofallhorses
07-17-2005, 11:36 AM
:( Prayers on the way.

kittycats_delight
07-17-2005, 12:05 PM
wow Kim that's pretty scary !!! I hope and pray they find the source of what is making her so ill and get her back on the road to recovery. The last thing a young man needs is to lose his mom. All fingers, toes, paws and whiskers crossed for her recovery and that this young man get to keep his mom. Lots of get well vibes and prayers coming. Keep us posted ok.

CagneyDog
07-17-2005, 12:36 PM
Prayers on the way :(

chocolatepuppy
07-17-2005, 12:39 PM
Prayers heading her way!

caseysmom
07-17-2005, 01:04 PM
How scary, I hope they find out whats wrong real soon.

catnapper
07-17-2005, 01:30 PM
Thanks guys. I won't know for a while.... but will let you know whats going on when I do.

His mom is a single mother. Father is in jail for something (they won't tell us) and will be there for a long long time to come. The gradnparents live with them, but grandpa is in failing health, and grandmom wants nothing to do with them. Short story: Grandmom ran out on the mother when she was really little. When the mother grew up, she searched for the grandmom and found her. The grandmom STILL didn't want anything to do with the mom. :( Years passed and the grandmom found herself homeless, so the mom took in her mother - even after all those years where she ran from her. The grandmom STILL would run if not for the fact that she's living for free with the daughter she never wanted. I'd say the boyfriend's mom is an amazing woman for having a heart willing to open itself to a woman who repeatedly walked away.

caseysmom
07-17-2005, 01:43 PM
Wow grandmom had a nicer daughter than she deserved.

Ally Cat's Mommy
07-17-2005, 01:53 PM
Keeping her in my prayers.

She sounds like she has a heart of gold!

furrykidsmother
07-17-2005, 02:14 PM
How sad!! Sounds like this poor woman has had more than her share of hard knocks. Good thoughts and prayers that they can find the problem and get her back up on her feet soon.

ChrisH
07-18-2005, 07:43 AM
Prayers on the way and hugs for her boy.

Please keep us updated. Thanks.