PDA

View Full Version : I'm in so much pain :(

Cookiebaker
07-16-2005, 10:23 PM
I just got back from a very UN-fun adventure at the ER. I have an incredibly horrible UTI. :( I've had them before, but none that even come close in comparison to the pain I am in tonight. I am now on antibiotics and some special "orange stuff" that is supposed to take the pain away.

And while I was waiting for my meds to come, the fire alarm went off, and within 5 minutes there were fire fighters teaming the place. The waiting was almost unbearable. But I guess they couldn't find the source of the problem, and think it might have been a faulty toaster a couple floors up. :rolleyes:

luvofallhorses
07-16-2005, 10:26 PM
Oh poor you :( {{hugs}} Take care.

Karen
07-16-2005, 10:35 PM
Oh, so sorry, hopefully the painkilling part will kick in soon.

beeniesmom
07-16-2005, 10:50 PM
I'm so sorry!
I hope the pain goes away soon.
Beenie sends you kisses on your nose!

Kfamr
07-16-2005, 11:09 PM
Poor Anna. :(
I hope you get to feeling better and those meds relieve your pain.

{HUGS}
Kay

micki76
07-16-2005, 11:11 PM
Ouch. :( The orange stuff will help, I promise. I had a horrible one after my hysterectomy. It was just awful.

*hugs*

K9karen
07-17-2005, 12:54 AM
:( :( :( My Gawd! You mean there's a problem I haven't had? I can't imagine your pain. I'm so sorry. It must be awful! I hope by now the orange stuff kicked in. Do you have to drink lots of water or cranberry juice? I have to admit, I cringed when I read your thread. My mom had several in the last few months, most undetected since older people don't usually suffer pain or have any symptoms other than getting loopy. Her last one was totally undetected and caused blood poisoning in her system, so I'm so glad you flew to the ER and had it taken care of! Gentle hugs your way for a speedy recovery.

DJFyrewolf36
07-17-2005, 04:37 AM
That is terrible! Ive hade bad UTIs before but none that were worth an ER visit. I can't even immagine the pain you must be in. *HUGS* I hope you feel better soon!!

anna_66
07-17-2005, 08:46 AM
Oh owie! I bet that's painful:(

I hope the orange stuff is making you feel better.

sirrahbed
07-17-2005, 08:50 AM
UTI's can be soooo horrible:( But the good news is that the *orange stuff* (pyridium) works within a few hours and the antibiotics should make you 100% within a few days:D

I have also been to the ER for them multiple times and now take antibiotics ALL the time to prevent recurring infection. Take care!!

catnapper
07-17-2005, 10:19 AM
I'm so sorry. My daughter gets chronic UTIs so she certainly can comiserate and I understand based on the pain she felt!

They say real cranberry juice helps too -- the acid in it or somethign like that.

moosmom
07-17-2005, 10:43 AM
Anna,

I'm sorry you had to go through all that at the ER. Waiting when you are in excrutiating pain is the worst!!!

Take care of yourself and feel better soon!

(((((HUGS))))))

Ginger's Mom
07-17-2005, 11:15 AM
Oh my, I am so sorry to hear that. I hope you are feeling better this morning.