PDA

View Full Version : Have you gotten the new Harry Potter?

CagneyDog
07-16-2005, 01:18 PM
I really want it but apparently we "can't afford stuff like that now" :rolleyes: :mad:

Anyways,

have you got it?

Anita Cholaine
07-16-2005, 01:22 PM
My sister went to buy it now, but I think she wont be able to get it...:( only about 8000 copies were sent to Argentina, so I think it will be sold out...

Cincy'sMom
07-16-2005, 02:06 PM
Just got home with it. I reserved our copy back in March.

MariaM
07-16-2005, 03:27 PM
Not yet. Last time I pre-ordered it from Amazon, and I paid about $10 more for it to come 2 days after the release date. (June 23, instead of June 21st, which was alright because it was waiting for me as I walked in from my last day of school. Such a wonderful thing to see!)

This year I haven't pre-ordered it or reserved it, but I'm sure it will be at Wal-Mart or Superstore when I (hopefully) go into church tonight. I can barely wait!

flamepony12
07-16-2005, 04:47 PM
We just got back from Barnes & Noble... We didn't even reserve it, and there were plenty of copies :)

AmberLee
07-16-2005, 04:54 PM
Not yet, but I plan to pick one up when I get home from this trip.

Anita Cholaine
07-16-2005, 05:48 PM
I have it!!! :DI'm sooo happy, I cant wait to read it, but I have a little problem: I dont remember what happened on the fifth book very much:confused: so I'll read it again before starting with the new book...

Suki Wingy
07-16-2005, 05:48 PM
Yes, I was handed a copy at approximatley 12:05 am this mornig and read until the sun came up, then slept for 3 hours, then got up to go do barn work. I am about 1/4 through, and all of my predictions are showing correct so far! I was soooo exited while reading it.
edit: Anita's mommy, I have read it 4 times, twice this summer in preparation for HBP, would you like me to quote- I mean summarize it for you?

binka_nugget
07-16-2005, 06:08 PM
Nope.. not yet.

I'm a really slow reader. I started reading the fifth book when it came out. I'm on page 4 now. :p LOL I'm forcing myself to read the fifth one asap so I can get to the sixth one. People have been posting spoilers all over.. it's driving me crazy.

Suki Wingy
07-16-2005, 06:13 PM
If you want I can pm you basically a summary of the 5th book.

Anita Cholaine
07-16-2005, 06:58 PM
It would be great if you can do it!! I dont want to read the 5th, I just want to start the 6th book NOW!!!! Im remembering some things, but I think that I forgot some important details.... Some day I'll read them all again, really slowly...so that I never forget nothing:rolleyes:

chrissycat21
07-16-2005, 07:43 PM
I got the book 5 hours ago....and just finished it. :o :p

animal_rescue
07-16-2005, 07:45 PM
I reserved my copy in May and I'm getting it tomorrow.

Suki Wingy
07-16-2005, 08:35 PM
Anita's Mom (sorry I don't know your name) I'm typing up a summary to pm to you.

flamepony12
07-16-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by chrissycat21
I got the book 5 hours ago....and just finished it. :o :p

oh wow!! Sounds like me with the fifth book :o

I'm a bit dissapointed though... This one's only 652 pages, while the fifth was like, 800 something pages! :( I was expecting this one to be even bigger! :p

Lacey
07-16-2005, 10:12 PM
Just finished it. Only one thing to say without giving out spoilers.

Woooooow....

MariaM
07-16-2005, 11:20 PM
YES! I got mine! And I was SO close to NOT getting it!!!

We went to Superstore. I saw it there, picked one up and obsessed about it until we got to the checkout. My mom said we were going to Wal-Mart and she'd rather we buy it there, because she could then put it on this supposedly huge gift card she has for Wal-Mart. So...we went to Wal-Mart, and I looked for it but couldn't see it. Funny, I though. Wouldn't it be right at the front? I saw a sign for it, but nothing else. I made a rectangle in the store and couldn't find it, so I finally asked an employee and she said THE SHIPMENT DIDN'T COME. I RAN to find my dad, VERY frantic, because we NEEDED to go back to Superstore. It was closing in FIFTEEN MINUTES. Now, I hope this doesn't make me sound like a spoiled brat, I am usually not a demanding child like this, but I had no idea when we would next be going into Yorkton and I NEEDED that book! EEE! So...we went, and I got it...and I was SO RELIEVED.

RIght now I'm on Page 17. I've been home with it for about 40 minutes and I am trying to stay away from it. I think there are magnets in both of us though, because it keeps pulling me in. I am trying to resist. I want it to last as long as possible, but I also want to go on all of 'my' sites and read everything, without having to worry about spoilers. Also, I need to have discussions about it!

I am so disappointed that it is only 607 pages. (UK version, which is what Canada has). The 5th was 766 I belive. I knew that it was going to be "a lot shorter" than the 5th, according to J.K. I was actually surprised it was 607, but still a little bit disappointed.

Oh well. It looks small but I'm trying to convince myself that the paper just keeps getting thinner every year. :p

CagneyDog
07-17-2005, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by Lacey
Just finished it. Only one thing to say without giving out spoilers.

Woooooow....

:eek: OMG.
I'll be reading it for weeks! (when i finally save up enough fricking money to buy it)You read fast!

Anita Cholaine
07-17-2005, 01:03 PM
I couldnt wait to remember the 5th book, so I started the 6th, and I read two chapters.... O my gosh, its getting really good... but I'll try to stop reading it at the moment so that I can know well everything about the fifth... so.. thank you, Suky Wingy for the summary!!!!:D

Anyways, I have to share the book with my sister, and she's reading it now...so I have to wait until she finishes to read it!

Suki Wingy
07-17-2005, 09:21 PM
Everyone looked at us with envy when we walked out of the store holding 3 books, but I bought one with my own money, and my dad bought one for the family and one for my aunt for her 21st b-day, it wasthe 16th. Does anyone read of write fanfiction? I read it but not write.

NoahsMommy
07-18-2005, 02:09 AM
Who's Harry Potter? ;)

captain
07-18-2005, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
Who's Harry Potter? ;)

He was one of the FIREMEN at Gini's BBQ :D :D :D

My Mum bought the new book today, so when she finishes it, I will read it.
Thanks to you all posting - and no-one has given anything away. I really appreciate it!!!!

ramanth
07-18-2005, 09:17 AM
Reserved a copy and it was delivered to my hotel room in Chicago on Friday night. :D

I'm a few chapters in..

Lacey
07-18-2005, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by captain
Thanks to you all posting - and no-one has given anything away. I really appreciate it!!!!

No problem! Wouldn't want to spoil anything for you! It would just take away from the experience just a bit if someone where to come along and pull an, "Oh! I've read that! Isn't it great how it was the butler all along?" thing.

Though I've been just dying to get with someone else just to squeal in fangirlish glee and go, "Can you believe such-and-such happened!?"

Rowling definitely sends you on an emotional roller coaster with this book, and at the end I was sniffling (whether tears of joy or sadness, I won't say :D ) and had to pick my jaw up off the floor. And just wait until you discover the identity of the Half Blood Prince! Wowza! That one was a curveball I didn't see until it smacked me right in the face! :eek: :D

smokey the elder
07-18-2005, 12:58 PM
One of my best friends and I made a "pinky promise" to not peek, but my other friend CHEATED!! I told her she could just keep her trap shut about the end!;) :p

Jods
07-18-2005, 12:59 PM
I read it yesterday!! It was great can't wait to find someone who read it already that I can talk to about it!!

countrycowgirl
07-19-2005, 01:41 AM
I got my Copy on Saturday didn't get to start reading it til yesterday and just finished!! wow!!is all I can say!

Suki Wingy
07-19-2005, 11:41 PM
I got to a part that made me put down the book and think. I don't remember all the details anymore bedause it was so shocking, although I new it was comming, so I have to read that chapter over.

Oggyflute
07-20-2005, 12:25 AM
I manged to finish the book in one sitting:D I must say the ending for those who haven't finished it, is unbelievable. A rollocking good read. I'm going to have to think about what could happen in the next book as the ending was not what I expected.

Uabassoon
07-20-2005, 12:30 AM
If anyone who doesn't have it yet is looking for a good deal I got mine at Target for $16.89, not sure if it is still that price though. I read some of it aloud to Alexa to keep ourselves awake from the drive returning from the CA BBQ. Now I'm off to go read some more before I go to bed.

MariaM
07-20-2005, 12:58 AM
I'm torn. Part of me wants to finish it tonight and part of me wants to keep 'putting it off'. This book has made me really sad!! I don't want it to end!! I'm on around 400 now...not quite?

CagneyDog
07-20-2005, 01:12 AM
EEEEh i got the book...finally :D:D I'm the third chapter..It's getting good :D

CathyBogart
07-20-2005, 01:21 AM
Got it yesterday, finished it last night. :) :)

Oggyflute
07-20-2005, 01:52 AM
I'm thinking we should do a spoiler thread to discuss the book for people who have finished it.
Good idea?

smokey the elder
07-20-2005, 11:55 AM
Just make sure you put "Harry Potter-SPOILER ALERT!!" in the title.:p ;)

captain
07-20-2005, 06:53 PM
Just to let you know, for those of you who may be .......... I was emailed a .pdf copy of the book this morning!!!!

827 pages of electronic book!!!!

*shaking my head in wonder*

grybai
07-20-2005, 07:00 PM
Eeeei! I got Harry Potter at Target Sunday for under $17!!! Right now I'm only halfway through it but I should finish it later tonight. :)

CagneyDog
07-20-2005, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Oggyflute
I'm thinking we should do a spoiler thread to discuss the book for people who have finished it.
Good idea?

I think thats a good idea :D Do you want to start the thread?

MariaM
07-21-2005, 12:27 AM
Done.

smokey the elder
07-21-2005, 08:53 AM
Now I have to try to resist peeking...;)