PDA

View Full Version : condolences and wishes...

rosethecopycat
07-16-2005, 09:33 AM
Billy, the FIV-positive cat who was renamed Benny when he got to his new home in Florida, has crossed to the Rainbow Bridge. We thank everyone who cared for him, and helped him. He was a sweet boy, and will be missed.

Condolences to Katie, who loved him. He will be waiting for you at the RB.

(please keep your responses to memorializing Billy)
What has happened, has happened.

Godspeed to the Bridge, sweet Billy.

kittycats_delight
07-16-2005, 10:15 AM
Oh my, I'm stunned !!! I don't even know what to say.
Billy sweetie may you be forever healthy and happy at RB and play hard. Make lots of angel friends and watch over Katie she loves you best. One day you will see Katie and you can once again be held and receive those butt scratches you like sooo much from your purrson who loves you so much.

Rest In Peace Billy (Benny)
You are forever loved and missed
even by many you have never known.

And Katie to you. Special {{{HUGS}}}
I know you loved him very much and he will always remember that. I just don't know what else to say. When you are ready let me know and I will do a tribute to him.

luvofallhorses
07-16-2005, 10:30 AM
:( I am so sorry {{hugs}}

Grace
07-16-2005, 11:54 AM
So very sorry to hear this. He lived his last days surrounded by love - that's what matters.

kt_luvs_kitties
07-16-2005, 11:59 AM
Thank you all so much.

I am devasated to say the least. I do love Billy, I miss Billy, and I just hope that he knows I did all of this to help him, and to make him have a better life. I wish he was here. I dont know what else to say.

Rose, Thank you again, for your time, thoughts, wishes...

Billy Boy, I love you. I am truly sorry for all of this. Hopefully your time at the Bridge will be blessed, and that you will miss me and wait for me until the day I get to see you again. I am so sorry, I hope you forgive me. RIP Sweet Billy... I will never forget you.

and kittycats_delight, I would love to have a tribute to Billy. Thank you for the offer.

abbersmom
07-16-2005, 12:04 PM
I don't know anything about Billy, but you do have our deepest sympathy!!
Sue & Abby
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b351/susanlouise/sympathy20bfly.bmp

kittycats_delight
07-16-2005, 01:11 PM
Katie, I have done Billy's tribute. Let me know please if it is too small.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b74/PTCRAZY/billymemorial.jpg

{{{HUGS}}}
Michelle

moosmom
07-16-2005, 01:18 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Billy. :( Rest in peace sweet boy.

Katie,

You did everything you could for Billy. He knew he was loved and will be missed.

((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))) to you in your time of sorrow.

QueenChyna
07-16-2005, 04:38 PM
awww, i am so sry, even though i didn't realy know billy, i understand your pain! Deepest sympathies!

kt_luvs_kitties
07-16-2005, 05:09 PM
Again thank you all so much.
Michelle it is wonderful and I love it. I am going to print it out so I can keep it beside my bed.
I love that poem and Abbys beautiful card, It means so much.

jazzcat
07-16-2005, 05:56 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you Katie, I know you worked so hard as did all involved. You made his final days happy.

Rest in Peace sweet Billy/Benny.

doolittleky
07-17-2005, 09:14 PM
Katie,
I am so sorry about Billy. You know how I feel. I wish he was still here too. I know how much you loved him and how much you will miss him. You cared for Billy when no one else did and from you he knew love and knew he was cared about. No one can give anyone anymore than that. My heart is breaking along with yours and I wish there was something I could do. I made something for you, I am not very good with this stuff but i hope you like it.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/JamaicaJim/BillyKatie.gif

Here is a poem that I found. God sent you to Billy because you cared. I know it is hard but please don't stop caring.

Stray Cat's Prayer.....

Dear God, please send me somebody who'll care!
I'm so tired of running and sick with despair.
My body is aching and filled with such pain;
And dear God I pray, as I run in the rain
That someone will love me and give me a home,
A warm cozy bed, and food of my own.
My last owner left me alone in the yard...
I watched as they moved, and God that was hard.
So I waited a while, then went on my way
To rummage in garbage and live as a stray.
But now, God, I'm so tired and hungry and cold;
And I'm so afraid that I'll never grow old.
They've chased me with sticks and hit me with straps
While I run the streets just looking for scraps!
I'm not really bad, God, please help if you can,
For I have become just a "Victim of Man!"
I'm wormy, dear God, and I'm ridden with fleas;
And all that I want is an Owner to please!
If you find one for me, God, I'll try to be good.
I won't scratch the carpet; I'll do as I should.
I'll love them, play with them, and try to obey.
I will be so grateful if they'll let me stay!
I don't think I'll make it too long on my own,
'Cause I'm getting weak and I'm so all alone.
Each night as I sleep in the bushes I cry,
'Cause I'm so afraid, God, that I'm gonna die.
I've got so much love and devotion to give
That I should be given a new chance to Live!
So dear God, please hear me, please answer my prayer,
And send me somebody who will REALLY care.

..........Author Unknown

your friend, Melissa

doolittleky
07-17-2005, 09:49 PM
Here is a poem I wrote years ago for someone who rescued and lost the cat. It is not the same situation but the theme truly does fit because you were billy's one and only friend!

My One And Only Friend

Today I came to your back door,

And laid on your doorstep.

You saw my pain and suffering,

And knew I was close to death.

You did what no other one would,

I know it was hard, but you did all that you could.

In the time I had left you held me tight,

And for the first time I felt truly loved.

Today you gave me the greatest gift

So please don't feel so sad.

You helped me to a better place,

And I wanted you to know.

How grateful I am to you,

My One And Only Friend

krazyaboutkatz
07-18-2005, 12:55 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Billy's passing.:( At least he knew that he was loved before he passed on. RIP sweet Billy.:(

Barbara
07-18-2005, 05:05 AM
Godspeed to the Bridge Billy. Play hard with all the kitties over there.

jenluckenbach
07-18-2005, 06:18 AM
I am so sorry that Billy had to leave you so soon. :( Thank you for loving him and giving him the chance to know that someone cared. {{{{HUGS}}}}

smokey the elder
07-18-2005, 08:43 AM
I'm so sorry about Billy.

furrykidsmother
07-18-2005, 09:46 AM
So sorry to hear this. RIP Billy and play hard at the RB. You will be healthy and happy there!

doolittleky
07-18-2005, 02:00 PM
Katie, I had this made for you. I hope you like it.

http://http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/JamaicaJim/Billyalwaysinmyheart_bySheilaatLLS.bmp

Let's try that again it didn't show up.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/JamaicaJim/Billyalwaysinmyheart_bySheilaatLLS.bmp

catmandu
07-18-2005, 09:12 PM
WHEN WE HAVE OUR RIBS,AND VANILLA MILKSHAKE,AT CRABBY JOES,THURSDAY,THERE WILL BE TWO CHAIRS SET ASIDEFOR BILLY,AND WINSTON,TWO CAT ANGELS.THEY WILL SHARE THE FIRST RIBS,AND THE FIRST LICK,OF THE VANILLA MILKSHAKE.

THEN THEY WILL BE ADOPTED AS PET TALKER ANGELS,AND WILL TRAVEL AROUND THE WORLD,WITH THIER NEW FRIENDS.

BUT ONE FINE DAY,BILLY,AND WINSTON,WILL SEE THIER GUARDIANS AGAIN,IN THIER PEAK,AND THEN,THE FUN,WILL BEGIN.

NoahsMommy
07-20-2005, 01:21 AM
Oh no! :(

I'm so sorry.

kt_luvs_kitties
07-20-2005, 01:46 PM
Thank you all so much. It really helps to have loving people who understand this kind of pain. I just wasnt expecting it, and when I found out, I was just so upset. I still cry every night, and I talk to him constantly, in my car, in my bed, even in my dreams. It seems to help it not hurt as much.
I dont talk about it too much at work, because then I get too upset to do any work, and that probably would not go over well, but I know I can talk about it here, and noone will get mad or sick of hearing about it.
Melissa, Thank you so much, honestly, for everything that you did for Billy and for me. I love that picture, and I am going to print it out and hang in on my wall. Thats my boy, wings and all ~smile~
And Gary, thank you for allowing him to have ribs and shakes with other fellow angels. I know he would enjoy that, he loved his food...
Again words could never describe how much I am thankful/grateful for all of these nice comments and prayers. I am sure Billy is too. *HUGS* Katie

PS- I have another Billy now. Check general for the thread!