PDA

View Full Version : do you read Harry Potter?

vinjashira
07-16-2005, 02:50 AM
just wondered if other adults read this book....

Vette
07-16-2005, 04:13 AM
Not me..

but i still will pick up a Goosebump look if i havent read it yet...LOL

Pam
07-16-2005, 06:55 AM
Nope. No desire at all. Not my type of reading material.

gkristian
07-16-2005, 07:11 AM
yes...i've read all the books at least once and today i got the new one:D. can't wait to read it

Corinna
07-16-2005, 07:47 AM
Tim and I fight over who is going to read them first . I usually win cuz I read the fastest. But he will win thi time as hes home recuperating. Darn!!!!

smokey the elder
07-16-2005, 08:28 AM
Guilty.;) One of my coworkers conned me into listening to the first two books on tape in 2000 and I've been hooked ever since.

I wonder if BJ's will have a big pallet of them just sitting in th store like 2 years ago. I went there to buy an air conditioner and ended up buying Order of the Phoenix instead.

flamepony12
07-16-2005, 09:01 AM
I'm hooked as well! ;) Can't wait to get the new book today!

joanofark
07-16-2005, 09:25 AM
I've NEVER liked Harry Potter books or movies, but I'm like Vette and will read a Goosebump book any day:)

Barbara
07-16-2005, 09:37 AM
Sure I will read it. :D

Having read all the others, having read Lord of the Ring three times (first time mid seventies), having all the DVDs of Star Wars and Lord of the Rings it IS my type of reading material:D

finn's mom
07-16-2005, 09:40 AM
I know a lot of people over the age of 25 that read them and love them. I haven't yet, but, I plan to. I've heard they're incredible, and, I love the movies! :)

Cincy'sMom
07-16-2005, 09:46 AM
Although I have seenthe movies, I have yet to read theboks. My husband, who NEVER reads, has read them all. He has been bugging me all morning to go pick up our reserved copy of the newest since he got up this morning. I promised I'd have it for him by 3 this afternoon.

Jods
07-16-2005, 10:27 AM
I got my copy thismorning!!!!!!!

countrycowgirl
07-16-2005, 11:29 AM
I love them!!! I can't wait to get teh new book!!!:D

PJ's Mom
07-16-2005, 01:15 PM
I have read the books and seen all the movies. Two of my kids bought copies of the new book at midnight, and when one of them finishes reading their copy I'll read it.

I recently discovered a juicy spoiler about this book. :eek:

vinjashira
07-16-2005, 02:09 PM
I'm not the only one then :D

MariaM
07-16-2005, 03:24 PM
Eeee I am so excited about the new book!

PJ's mom, does it have to do with Ron? If so...my prediction might be right.

I have yet to get the book. As most of you know, I live in a town of 380 people and unfortunately, we don't have a store that carries them. However, I think we are going to church tonight and I will for surely be getting the book, if at all possible. This is my main highlight of the summer! You would not believe how excited I was to learn today, July 16th, was the release date, back in December. I was so excited, and I still am! I have a lot of predictions lined up and can't wait to see if I am right.

I've read all the books multiple times and have seen the movies multiple times. The books are by FAR way better. I am so excited!!:D

manda_moo87
07-16-2005, 04:01 PM
I love them, I still haven't read them all yet. I'm currently reading the 4th one.

PJ's Mom
07-16-2005, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by MariaM
PJ's mom, does it have to do with Ron? If so...my prediction might be right.

Nope. :p

CagneyDog
07-16-2005, 05:19 PM
Plllleassee don't give away anything in this thread:p

catnapper
07-16-2005, 05:26 PM
Oh yes! I LOVE Harry! I was half tempted to buy the newest book today, but I know my MOM will buy it and give it to me to read after she's done! :D

Suki Wingy
07-16-2005, 05:42 PM
I was one of those crazy people waiting line at 12 wearing a *painstakingly hand sewn(well, I used a hand-held sewing machine)* striped Ravenclaw tie. When I'm really bored and the library's closed and computer time is up I read them again. I have read each book at least three times. I also read fanfiction. I think the main reason why I am attracted to these books is because Jo does a very good job of explaining to us why we didn't know about magic. My third grade class was obsessed with the first book a year before it really became big! Anyone who likes this series, so far, HBP is the best yet!!

GoldenRetrLuver
07-16-2005, 07:29 PM
My parents brought home the new book today and I haven't been able to put it down. I'm almost on page 200. It's VERY good. I was actually surprised that I've been able to enjoy reading it this long.. usually I can't finish an entire book, I get bored with it.

I already know what happens though, but I won't post any spoilers on this thread. :p

PJ's Mom
07-16-2005, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by CagneyDog
Plllleassee don't give away anything in this thread:p

I won't but OMG! :p

MariaM
07-16-2005, 11:08 PM
IT'S MINE! I OWN IT! I am TRYING to read it VERY slowly. I'm on page 17, so, so far, I am succeeding. I really don't want it to end! I AM IN LOVE WITH HARRY POTTER. Suki - I WISH I could have lined up. Not possible for me though. I used to read a lot of fanfiction on it, and I've read them all at least 3 times too, aren't they SUPERB? I consider myself an amatuer supersleuth! Hehe. EEE I'm so excited. Once everyone is done we shall have to have a discussion thread. And for the slower ones, they will just have to NOT look, we could put a spoiler warning or something. I am just sooo excited! IT'S MINE! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D