that they in pets
NOW NO

huh!?:p

beeniesmom
07-15-2005, 09:25 PM
hehehe :p

Tiah
07-15-2005, 09:27 PM
I can't read your post. Please type with whole sentences, and maybe I could understand.

LeahMM
07-15-2005, 09:30 PM
The big box stores have banned pets because of agression issues. At least that's why they did it here. The signs however say safety to customers.

angelkitty023
07-15-2005, 10:58 PM
sorry if im using . , ? ok i just type fast
just understand me if dont mind

Originally posted by Tiah
I can't read your post. Please type with whole sentences, and maybe I could understand.

CagneyDog
07-15-2005, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by angelkitty023

I still don't understand what your saying :confused:

angelkitty023
07-15-2005, 11:06 PM
i know
but in ace hardward they let pets in
i dont c kids usely there

kids also can cause crazyness too
kids want candy w/ crying being anonnying
then wat
they cant set rules then too
in home depot a kid can get hurt they way stack thing there
THE PARKS , OR ANY STORE PUBLIC PLACE

Originally posted by LeahMM
The big box stores have banned pets because of agression issues. At least that's why they did it here. The signs however say safety to customers.

flamepony12
07-15-2005, 11:11 PM
:confused: :confused:

Fox-Gal
07-15-2005, 11:44 PM
i know
but in ace hardward they let pets in
i dont c kids usely there

kids also can cause crazyness too
kids want candy w/ crying being anonnying
then wat
they cant set rules then too
in home depot a kid can get hurt they way stack thing there
THE PARKS , OR ANY STORE PUBLIC PLACE

:confused: :confused:
Are you trying to say, because they let children in public places, they should let dogs in too???

As for home depot, I was just there yesterday and there was a couple with their cute little Scottie in the basket of the cart. So ours has not stopped it, yet.

As to dogs in stores, compared to children, as much as we don't like it there is a difference. Because stores are public places and lots of people now day have allergies to pets, pets are not welcome in a lot of places. The stores have to think of all peoples needs, health and safety.

As to kids being annoying, crazy or eating candy, I don't see what that has to do with anything. You have me confused on that one. Kids are kids and can be annoying, but so can adults. Same as kids getting hurt, so can adults. If you talking dogs safety in a store, thats not what they are saying. There saying the safety of the people in the store, child or adult, from the dog. Not the other way around.

LuckiLab03
07-15-2005, 11:54 PM
I don't get what your saying either, but someone at dog school told us they took their little dog in there, so we've taken Riley there twice. We walk in through the nursery, then pretend to look around for a few minutes, then leave. But last time we went, we saw a sign on the door that said no pets (don't know how long that's been there). We took her in, but only for a minute or two, then we left.

CathyBogart
07-15-2005, 11:54 PM
Putting a post down quickly does you no good if it sounds like gibberish and broken sentences. Please put a little more time into typing so your posts are not so hard to muddle through.

As for dogs vs children...I agree, neither should be allowed in stores, but we'll never change that. :)

CagneyDog
07-16-2005, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by CathyBogart

dogs vs children...I agree, neither should be allowed in stores, but we'll never change that. :)

Hey not all kids are little terrors :p

gemini9961
07-16-2005, 01:00 AM
I don't think angelkitty023's English is that great. Maybe they are from another country originally and still learning. I do though agree it is very hard to read and the grammar is hard to follow. I'm not taking their side but I see that they are in Miami and that is very multi-cultural so maybe they don't speak/write English as well as other people.

Fox-Gal
07-16-2005, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by CathyBogart
As for dogs vs children...I agree, neither should be allowed in stores, but we'll never change that. :)

I wonder if you would have felt that same, when you where a child and you had to be left home? Just wondering, not being a smarty or anything. I really do wonder if when you where young and your parents told you, you could not go into a store, if you would have been ok with that at that age?

Hey not all kids are little terrors

lol I've see some adults that are more of a terror in a store then most children. I'd rather listen to a child winning then an adults cussing and yelling in a store. At least children, don't know any better, what's the adults excuse?

cocker_luva
07-16-2005, 03:06 PM
i didnt understand a word of that.

IRescue452
07-16-2005, 04:14 PM
Dogs are allowed in Home Depot? I didn't know that.

Jamieejo85
07-16-2005, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by IRescue452
Dogs are allowed in Home Depot? I didn't know that.

Ditto:) :confused: :)

luvofallhorses
07-16-2005, 04:26 PM
:confused:

Suki Wingy
07-16-2005, 05:19 PM
Wait, dogs were once alowed in Home Depot? I can't really understand you. Where I am from, dogs are barley alowed in public parks just because a band might be playing somewhere!

angelkitty023
07-16-2005, 08:37 PM
im latin but i m born & raise in usa.
im american ....
my english writing is wacky !
but i try
im not good at typing
sorry to all cant understanding

Originally posted by gemini9961
I don't think angelkitty023's English is that great. Maybe they are from another country originally and still learning. I do though agree it is very hard to read and the grammar is hard to follow. I'm not taking their side but I see that they are in Miami and that is very multi-cultural so maybe they don't speak/write English as well as other people.

chocolatepuppy
07-16-2005, 08:41 PM
You're doing a good job with your English and your typing angelkitty, maybe you just need to slow down sometimes! :)
Where I live dogs aren't allowed in anywhere except the petstores.

angelkitty023
07-16-2005, 08:42 PM
home depot has a rules
no pets but they dont post it on the door

in nordstorm i can take my pets
they dont say anything
they poeple that clean up
this from rich poeple store

but some other stores put sign up
say no pets

elizabethann
07-16-2005, 08:45 PM
angelkitty...don't worry. I understood everything you said. Yes, it was a little hard to read but I understood what you were trying to say and write.

I've heard from some people in other states that they can bring their dogs into Home Depot. I called a Home Depot around my town and asked and they said "no". Personally, I would LOVE to take Fenway EVERYWHERE I go, but I know that's not possible and I deal with it. Dogs are still dogs (even though I think Fenway is my 4 legged son).

If the no dogs at Home Depot policy upsets you, then I would just frequent Ace Hardware. I'm not sure if the Ace Hardwares around here allow dogs...I've never asked.

Oh well. Such is life.

Take care.

:)

cocker_luva
07-17-2005, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by chocolatepuppy
Where I live dogs aren't allowed in anywhere except the petstores.

same here in my area

Dixieland Dancer
07-17-2005, 05:51 AM

This post gave me a headache trying to figure it out. :mad: I type fast too but I still can write in whole sentences and make sense. Please stop writing like you are in a chat room and use whole words instead of shortcuts. Even using shortcuts.... I still don't understand anything you wrote. We shouldn't have to try to figure out what you are trying to say to us! :confused:

FizzGiggs_Mommy
07-17-2005, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Dixieland Dancer
This post gave me a headache trying to figure it out. :mad: I type fast too but I still can write in whole sentences and make sense. Please stop writing like you are in a chat room and use whole words instead of shortcuts. Even using shortcuts.... I still don't understand anything you wrote. We shouldn't have to try to figure out what you are trying to say to us! :confused:

I just find this rude...Sorry but it is my opinion. Please remember people come to Pet Talk from all over the world and sometimes there wording is diffrent then ours and there spelling is too. I know exacally what she is tring to say, She is talking about Home Depot not allowing animals to come in to the store any more.

My Home Depot allows animals as do most of the stores, atleast the ones that dont have food in them. Many of our restaurants have outside tables that allow you to bring your pets too.

lv4dogs
07-18-2005, 10:37 AM
I see pets in the local home depot's near me all the time, granted I have not been to one in a few months.
I was looking forward to taking my new pup there to help with socialization. I'll have to call them & ask if they still allow them or not.

Samantha Puppy
07-18-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by FizzGiggs_Mommy
I just find this rude...Sorry but it is my opinion. Please remember people come to Pet Talk from all over the world and sometimes there wording is diffrent then ours and there spelling is too. I know exacally what she is tring to say, She is talking about Home Depot not allowing animals to come in to the store any more. The poster said she was born and raised in the USA. If she were born elsewhere and in the process of learning English, I'd agree with you. However since she was born and raised in the USA, I am completely with Dixieland_Dancer. I type fast too, but I still relay my thoughts to all of you so that you can understand what I'm saying.

On topic... Pets around here are not allowed anywhere but in pet stores. While it would be nice to be able to take Samantha anywhere I go, I understand why stores have rules about them. There are medical reasons (allergies, etc.) that stores must take into consideration to make all their patrons (the PEOPLE who spend money in their store) comfortable. Like it or not, not all people love animals and they shouldn't be made to deal with them in a place that animals really have no business being. (Now if someone went to PetSmart and complained about the animals in there... tough - that is an animal place.)

And there is a difference between children and pets. As much as some people may not like children, I have yet to see anyone claim an allergy to them. If Home Depot does not want to allow pets in their stores, it is their prerogative and I support it. If I were to open up a non-pet related store myself, I probably wouldn't allow animals in it and I'm one of the biggest animal advocates there is.

Pit Chick
07-18-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
The poster said she was born and raised in the USA. If she were born elsewhere and in the process of learning English, I'd agree with you. However since she was born and raised in the USA, I am completely with Dixieland_Dancer. I type fast too, but I still relay my thoughts to all of you so that you can understand what I'm saying.

(Now if someone went to PetSmart and complained about the animals in there... tough - that is an animal place.)

I have to agree with Samantha Puppy and DD on this one too. Proof reading works wonders. A typo is one thing, these sentences are just unnecessarily out of wack.

As for people complaing about dogs in PetsMart....we do adoptions there every weekend and of course we have some dogs that are persistant barkers no matter what we do (chewies, toys, bark collars, yelling) and of course they bark when another dog is allowed to get too close. We've gotten griped at by the managers that customers are complaining about the noise, but if we yell at the dogs to be quiet, we get griped at for that too. It's a pet store for God's sake, people should expect there to be barking. And don't get me started on how loud the barking is during Puppy Parties in the training center, but that's ok, no one complains about that. :rolleyes: :confused: I wonder how many complaints we would get if we put muzzles on the dogs? Maybe that would make the customers happy.

CagneyDog
07-18-2005, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by FizzGiggs_Mommy
I just find this rude...Sorry but it is my opinion. Please remember people come to Pet Talk from all over the world and sometimes there wording is diffrent then ours and there spelling is too. I know exacally what she is tring to say, She is talking about Home Depot not allowing animals to come in to the store any more.

My Home Depot allows animals as do most of the stores, atleast the ones that dont have food in them. Many of our restaurants have outside tables that allow you to bring your pets too.

Its not just her english that is hard to understand, it is the way she takes so many short cuts and uses internet slang!