PDA

View Full Version : creepy..just happend....

cali
07-15-2005, 09:12 PM
my friend and I were walking down the bike path with Happy and Misty on our way back home from checking out the new dog park, and this guy stopped us, he was only slightly older then me, but anyway he starts talking to us and asking us if you want to go to the football game with him etc.. we were basicly giving him the run-around, and finally he let us leave, then we notced he was following us a good distance behind, but following us none the less, obviously we were a little creeped out, and started walking faster and taking twists and turns to get home faster and to loose the creepo, now we are home, closed all the blinds locked the doors and are really paranoid :eek:

beeniesmom
07-15-2005, 09:15 PM
wierd....
be carefull.

The other day when i was walking Beenie a guy stopped me and asked if I wanted to sell her to him.... i laughed it off and then he said that he wanted to buy both of us.... that was creepy.

dukedogsmom
07-15-2005, 09:18 PM
You need to report what happened to the police and at least have them check the area. They need to know about him. He sounds weird and maybe kind of dangerous.

Chica
07-15-2005, 09:21 PM
I deffinitely agree, have the police aware of this guy in your neighborhood. There are to many weirdo's out there!!!! :(

BitsyNaceyDog
07-15-2005, 09:28 PM
Yikes! That reminds me of something that happened to me...

A few weeks ago I was getting gas and a guy pulled up to the pump next to mine. The guy walked over and asked if I could help him. He said he needed help with a lever in his car. It was way too odd for me, so I stopped pumping the gas (I had luckily paid already with my card) and told him I was in a really big hurry. I got in my car and drove off.

jennifert9
07-15-2005, 09:45 PM
Definitely odd and scary...I'm surprised that he approached you whenyou had the dogs with you...Maybe he was testing the waters to see how the dogs would react to a stranger....I would tell the police definitely....this guy is obviously strange and dangerous. Better to mention it than not and have someone else get hurt....

Let me give y'all a bit of advice that my mother gave me years ago....if someone tries to force you into a car, yours or theirs, NEVER go...Scream and raise h*ll but don't get in!! If they are h*ll bent on killing you, let them do it right there in a public place. Chances are they won't since the reason they want to get you in the car is to get you away from other people....Your chances are better where you are than where they want you to be....

You all probably know that already but it's worth repeating...

cali
07-15-2005, 10:09 PM
he just sent us an greeting(I gave my e-mail as it contains no personal info, and so he would let us leave) here is what it says:

Hello Shayna! Those were cute and friendly dogs. Anyway, I enjoyed the company of you guys which was really good. Can we meet again tomorrow Saturday at the park? We can meet at the same place at around 5:00pm and talk or walk around the park, i will bring my dog which is very friendly too.
Hey buddies i'm looking forward to hearing from you.
Thank you.

I plan to make up an exuse lol like I am going out with my dad or something, which is what I normally do on saterdays anyway.

CagneyDog
07-15-2005, 10:16 PM
Yikes :eek: What a creep!

No offence, but it was pretty stupid to give your email out!

I hope he leaves you guys alone already!

GoldenRetrLuver
07-15-2005, 10:22 PM
I agree, I don't think it was a good idea to give your email address out.. and if you had to, I would've given him a fake one.

Sounds like a weirdo. Not good. =/

caseysmom
07-15-2005, 10:24 PM
Actually him knowing where you live is much more dangerous than the email thing in my opinion. You need to report it and give the police HIS email this sounds terrible but in case something happens to you.

The world is full of creeps its hard to tell when somebody is just lonely or a stalker.

jennifert9
07-15-2005, 10:34 PM
You said this guy was "your age but a little bit older" How much older? Is he new to town? Does he go to your school? You walked to the park you said right? Could he live in the neighborhood? Maybe you should go back tomorrow with a parent and find out where he lives and if he really has a dog and what his deal is? DO NOT GO MEET HIM ALONE!!! UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES!!
I'm trying to think on the bright side here instead of jumping to comclusions about his intentions...maybe he is new to town and trying to make friends before the school year starts? Either way, I am NOT advocating that you meet him or email him back but maybe have your parents or your friend's parents or older brother or something come with you to the park....
If you gave him your email address, perhaps he wasn't so creepy at first? until he started following you!? (THAT is creepy!)

cali
07-15-2005, 11:39 PM
he is a year older then me, neither of us are in school anymore, I just graduated, so he would have graduated last year, as he is 19, I am 18. he seemed like a perfectly nice guy just looking for 2 people to go to the football game with on sunday, it did not get creepy until we doubled back to go a shorter way back to my house and saw him on a bench watching us, we immediently turned around and started back the way were were origanly going, the next time we looked back he had moved again and was standing on the hill watching, that is when we were getting wierded out, the last he saw us was nowhere near our house, and he apperntly has no intention of comming to my house, as he wants to meet in a public park, the spot is in direct veiw of a golf coarse, and the other places was near a basball feild where a game was going on, its not like we were anywhere secluded, the following was the only creepy part lol and he does not want to meet ether one of us alone, he wants to see both of us, and apperntly wants us to meet his dog lol kinda weird and I am not so sure, I dont know if I will even reply, but I do know that I will never be walking in that area again without one of my parents along.

Fox-Gal
07-16-2005, 12:08 AM
I can see why your where creped out by him, but I also see no reason why you just can't be honest with him also. Don't play the e-mail excuse game, he will just keep asking and it might even give him hope.

E-mail him back and just tell him how you felt when you saw him watching you on your way home. Tell him for that reason you can not meet him at the park or anywhere. Tell him your safety is #1.

1: if he is a descent person and just looking for friends, he will understand that in todays world people have to be cautious and take no chances. Also maybe it will make him more aware of his actions when he tried to meet any other new people and not make that same mistake again.

2: if he is a creep/pervert etc. He's going to know that you are an aware person and not someone that can be easily trick into a meeting. He will also be aware that if you ever do run into him again at the park or where ever, that you will be on your toes and aware of his actions. This way you wont seem like an easy mark to him and he will have to find his prey someplace else.

Also if you ever do run into him again, please be aware of his movements and if for some reason you see him approach another woman, take note of it. Help if you can just don't take any risks.

cali
07-16-2005, 12:50 AM
thanks fox-gal exellent advice, thats not a choice that occured to me lol

LorraineO
07-16-2005, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by Fox-Gal
I can see why your where creped out by him, but I also see no reason why you just can't be honest with him also. Don't play the e-mail excuse game, he will just keep asking and it might even give him hope.

E-mail him back and just tell him how you felt when you saw him watching you on your way home. Tell him for that reason you can not meet him at the park or anywhere. Tell him your safety is #1.

1: if he is a descent person and just looking for friends, he will understand that in todays world people have to be cautious and take no chances. Also maybe it will make him more aware of his actions when he tried to meet any other new people and not make that same mistake again.

2: if he is a creep/pervert etc. He's going to know that you are an aware person and not someone that can be easily trick into a meeting. He will also be aware that if you ever do run into him again at the park or where ever, that you will be on your toes and aware of his actions. This way you wont seem like an easy mark to him and he will have to find his prey someplace else.

Also if you ever do run into him again, please be aware of his movements and if for some reason you see him approach another woman, take note of it. Help if you can just don't take any risks.

Ummm NO!!!!!!!! dont email this guy back at all if you dont want anything to do with him,, emailling him back will only encourage further contact........ SILENCE CAN BE GOLDEN!! Report this guy if he follows you or beging harrassing y ou,, also,, SAVE ALL EMAILS FROM HIM for evidence for the police in case this escolates,,,
BE SAFE AND ALIVE GIRL!!!

Cataholic
07-16-2005, 07:43 AM
Fox-gal, that is absolutely fablulous advice. It shows the guy exactly what you need him to know. You are smart, aware, and not timid. All things, if he was indeed a pervert (or worse), would turn him off of you. People like that prey on weak, timid, and easily led people.

Cali- I would be smarter in the future, and give out nothing, even an email. It does tend to show an interest. Good luck.

LorraineO
07-16-2005, 08:34 AM
Cataholic...

I still think fox gals advice to email this guy or have any contact with him in the future is not a good thing... by giving him any reaction at all will only encourage this guy to bother cali more,, I was once stalked and trust me,,, confronting this guy in any way is not a good thing at all. He could become angry and do something drastic by hearing your feelings of rejection and or defience. .And I am not a weak or timid person so saying that these guys prey on the weak and timid is NOT true,,, they pick and choose whoever!!!

Tell your parents,,,, always let someone know where youre at and if this guy follows you,,, get to where its safe and contact the police...

dukedogsmom
07-16-2005, 09:12 AM
If you don't report him, he could very well hurt someone else. I still say the police need to know about him. There are way too many dangerous people in the world. I hear about it every day at work.

Fox-Gal
07-16-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by LorraineO
Cataholic...

I still think fox gals advice to email this guy or have any contact with him in the future is not a good thing... by giving him any reaction at all will only encourage this guy to bother cali more,, I was once stalked and trust me,,, confronting this guy in any way is not a good thing at all. He could become angry and do something drastic by hearing your feelings of rejection and or defience. .And I am not a weak or timid person so saying that these guys prey on the weak and timid is NOT true,,, they pick and choose whoever!!!

I can understand how you believe my advice was wrong, sense your bad experience, but I too have been stalked. I confronted him over the phone, advised to by the police officer that was sitting in my house at the time. Up in till then I did ignore him, once I did what the officer said, things worked out, he soon move out of my life.

As he told me, it can go different ways, but in more cases then not, they have found that ignoring them, just can make them angrier. Makes them think that you are weak and scared and something they feed on, your fears.

There is no 100% sure black and white answer to this.
So I gave her this advice for 2 reasons. One because of what the officer told me. As he put it, "most would rather pick on a mouse, then they would a lion, so be a loin."

Second was after reading her account of what happened, it is just possible that he saw some cute girls and wanted to pick them up, it's just his skills at picking up woman is way off base.

Once she e-mails him and tells him, then of course she should not contact him again, that's just common sense. Most likely he will come back with an e-mail saying he's sorry and didn't mean to scare them, etc etc. But no never answer him back again.

Also, next time cail, if you give out an e-mail address, make it a fake one. :D

momoffuzzyfaces
07-16-2005, 11:32 AM
Just please be careful and let your parents know.

Creepy has no age limit. Remember what has happened to the girl in Aruba! She probably didn't think the guy(s) she left with were creapy at the time.

If I thought someone were following me, I would let them follow me to the police station.

Fox-Gal
07-16-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
If you don't report him, he could very well hurt someone else. I still say the police need to know about him. There are way too many dangerous people in the world. I hear about it every day at work.

Val, I was wondering, would calling and reporting him, really do much? I only ask because I have never had very much luck doing that, in circumstance like this one. I always seem to get the same answer. "There is not much we can do about it at this point, till they do something" It's always come with the same follow up remark . It's not a crime to talk/approach someone and in till we see him do something wrong there is not much we can do about it, but we will make a note of your compliant. Even when I called about a pervert hanging out side my place, all they told me was get a bad dog and call them if he breaks any laws. :rolleyes:

Maybe I just live in an area with lazy police, but I kind of gave up reporting things, in less, of course it is a TRUE crime.

cali
07-16-2005, 01:27 PM
well, now I am confused lol I wrote this e-mail but I have not sent it, does it need tweaked? do I send it or not? lol

you seemed like a nice guy, but everytime we looked behind us you were there, and thats creepy, thats why we will not meet you. if you meant no harm then we apologize. but in this day and age you can't be too careful.

beeniesmom
07-16-2005, 01:32 PM
perfect