PDA

View Full Version : Tiki's second white coat visit

lv4dogs
07-15-2005, 03:19 PM
He went back today to get his last series of vaccines & his rabies and once again everyone fell in love, further in love. They couldn't believe that he was even nicer than the first visit. (the first visit was before he started to turn into a terror, it must of been the ear mite treatment, he was getting revenge at me. lol). So EVERYONE who works at the vet office wants my cats, both of them, They have never seen such well behaved cats. They ask how I do it. I don't know, I just treat them like dogs.

Anyways all went well. He is getting SOOO big, almost 6lbs already from just 1.7lbs 5 weeks ago!!!!

His ear mites are gone but they found one flea on him. Not bad for not being on flea control. lol I use revolution on my Meko & the dogs & ferrets get frontline plus so I figured since he was kept indoors & everyone else is on flea prevention it was ok to not give him anything until he gained some weight. So he's on revolution now.

His manly parts are starting to drop so he's getting neutered soon. I'm making the appointment on Monday (I didn't have my schedule with me). Hopefully they can get him in within the next couple weeks. He's gonna get micro-chipped then too.
He's only 4 months but I figure he's gonna be WELL developed by the time he's 6 months so he's going in a little early. This will be my first pet to get spayed/neutered early. I know they do it at a lot of places & say there is no complications but I still can't help to think that somewhere, sometime down the road it has to interfere a little bit with his hormones & how he developes. But it's not too early & it's better dealing with a lot of behavioral issues down the road and a heck of a lot better than dealing with kitties as there's a few strays around AGAIN.

So after I get back from camping this weekend my havahart trap will be set back up again. Gggrrr how I despise people who just let their cats go. It's so sad, disturbing, time consuming. But helping those cuties sure does put a smile on your face. Well I guess that would be a different post all together.

catmandu
07-15-2005, 03:32 PM
THAT IS GREAT NEWS ABOUT TIKI,AND THAT HE HAS SUCH A WONDERFUL GUARDIAN,TO MAKE SURE,THAT HE IS WELL,AND TAKEN CARE OF.

AND THE VETS,ALL LOVE MICHAEL,THE MILD,HE IS ALWAYS SUCH A LITTLE GENTLEMAN,AT THE VETS.
AND HE,IS ONE,OF THE FEW CATS,THAT WILL PURR,WHEN YOU ARE PUTTING THEM UNDER.

CONCATULATIONS,ON TIKIS GOOD CHECK UPS,WE ARE GLAD,THAT HE IS NOW,IN SUCH GOOD HANDS.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos761.jpg

furrykidsmother
07-15-2005, 03:43 PM
So glad to hear that Tiki's visit went well!!

smokey the elder
07-16-2005, 08:18 AM
If Tiki weighs 6 lbs it's completely safe to have him neutered now. The issue, especially for males, is the anesthetic; this is adjusted by body weight. But more vets are getting used to altering cats at 2 lbs.