PDA

View Full Version : ouchey....I feel soooo bad !!!!!

kittycats_delight
07-15-2005, 12:07 PM
Last night when I got home from work I was sooo tired. Lilith was waiting at the door as usual to greet me. I didn't see Vixen who is usually just inside the door laid down. I was speaking to Lilith asking where is sissy. When I hear the most horrid scream. Vixen was not where she usually was because she was behind the door. And what did she do when I opened it but stuck her little paw in the small opening. I just let the door close and it squished her leg. About forarm height on her leg. I flew to the door and ripped it open and took off like a bat out of h-e double hockeysticks. I went to see if she was okay and of course she ran. I noticed something on her squished leg as she ran away and thought I had done serious damage. I was sure I had punctured the skin and she was bleeding. Lucky she ran into the bedroom and laid down. I closed the door and approached her. I picked her up and realized it was grease from the hinge and not blood. I checked her over and she was ok. No broken bones or anything. I then took her in and washed the grease off of her leg and checked it again. She was limping for a little while but after about 30 minutes or so she was running around, jumping and scaling the cat tree like nothing happened. I am sooo happy I didn't do any major damage and she was ok but bo do I feel like poopie. I guess that will teach me to check behind the door before I close it from now on.

Bad meowmie Bad. :( How dumb can I be not to check?

King Spartacus
07-15-2005, 12:16 PM
Oh poor little mite! And poor you! You shouldn't be too hard on yourself though, it was an accident, and luckily all's well that ends well!!!

luvofallhorses
07-15-2005, 12:22 PM
Things like this happen. We know you're not a bad meowmie, Michelle. {{{hugs}}}

furrykidsmother
07-15-2005, 12:24 PM
Poor Vixen!! At least she hasn't suffered any permanent damage. Glad she is running and playing and acting herself. I know, we feel bad when things happen. I am always double checking doors, turning on the lights on the stairs etc. Please don't feel bad - I am sure she has forgiven you.

Karen
07-15-2005, 12:25 PM
'Tis one of the hazards of living with cats, I fear! At least she's okay now, and you at least (if not Miss Vixen herself) will know to check next time - and forever more!

kittycats_delight
07-15-2005, 12:29 PM
Thanks everyone. And Miss Vixen has forgiven me she was in last night around 2 am on my bad talking to me and rubbing around my head and purring. For her all if forgotten and she isn't even limping anymore. So I guess it was more the scare than the ouchey. Now if only I could forgive myself as quickly as she forgave me.

Oh the cutest thing too was. Lilith. She was so concerned. Vixen was playing away after it happened and I guess Lilith thought she should be relaxing. Lilith kept going over to her and licking her and trying to keep her relaxing and Vixen kept slapping her away and going crazy. LOL Lilith is such a good an caring girly. She would be an ideal mommy if she was a person. :D

GraciesMommy
07-15-2005, 12:37 PM
Glad she is alright...its easy to do with cats and dogs..

catmandu
07-15-2005, 03:19 PM
I WAS POURING SOME BOILING WATER,FROM THE STOVE,TO CLEAN,THE SINK,WHEN SCRAPPY 2,RAN AT ME.
AND SHE ALMOST GOT DOUSED,WITH SCALDING WATER,THANK GOD,THAT I POURED MOST,OF IT,IN A HANDY PAIL.

THAT SCRED ME,AS I COULD HAVE SERIOUSLY BURNED MY LITTLE KITTEN FRIEND,AND IN AN INSTANT,HURT HER,VERY BADLY.

I AM GOING,TO BE A MORE CAREFUL CAT MAN,I SWEAR.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos761.jpg

Barbara
07-15-2005, 03:21 PM
Did you read yesterday trinity's post about Zingo's tail?
Same story, same outcome- nothing bad has happened, but the meowmie feels bad ;).

I am glad our kittys are so tough:)

sirrahbed
07-16-2005, 06:31 AM
awww...poor Meowmie and Vixen! So glad no harm was done except to the nerves of Meowmie!! I know how awful we feel when something happens to scare or hurt one of our babies.

I have always heard and believed that our pets *know* when we did not mean to harm them - and their reactions always make me believe this is true - do ya'll think so too?

smokey the elder
07-16-2005, 08:08 AM
Poor kitty! Unfortunately, their being underfoot is an occupational hazard and accidents happen. I'm glad she's OK.

QueenScoopalot
07-16-2005, 08:10 AM
Poor girl! Kitties really can get underfoot so fast that accidents are unavoidable. Glad Vixen wasn't hurt. :)