PDA

View Full Version : By request - my first belly shots

Samantha Puppy
07-15-2005, 07:43 AM
Admittedly, I haven't been the best at taking these regularly. Before last night, I hadn't taken any since about 3 days after I found out my Nugget was baking. :) I tried to upload those last night as well but my home computer was being a wh0re.

Without further ado though, my 16 week 2 day belly shots.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid177/p57bf4482db842f9b752011b58a5c6f5e/f34184ed.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid177/p6ea16a1c39f5bce133509389ddc2a18c/f3418597.jpg

I hate that I don't look pregnant yet, just large and in charge. Normally, I wouldn't care but in January I had *just about* reached my weight goal of 115 lbs (I was around 118-120 lbs.). I was so enjoying wearing tight little clothes again and now I'm weighing in at a hefty 126, I believe. Oh well... chasing around a Patterson hellion (especially if it's a boy) will get me back to high school weight if anything does. My husband's mother is a stick, after 3 boys. LOL

(By the way, please excuse the lame pajama bottoms!)

finn's mom
07-15-2005, 07:54 AM
I love your purty little belly and your pj bottoms! they're not lame at all! :)

Pawsitive Thinking
07-15-2005, 08:34 AM
That is a pregnant little tummy.....how wonderful

Cataholic
07-15-2005, 08:47 AM
HE HE HE...what an adorable little tum tum! Shoot, my tummy is bigger than yours right now and I delivered 10 months ago :eek:

Keep taking the pictures. They are sooo neat to look at.

Sirrahsim
07-15-2005, 09:10 AM
woot! There's a baby cooking in there:D :D You MUST keep us updated as both of you grow :)

pitc9
07-15-2005, 09:17 AM
Cute belly shot!!!

Looking forward to more at the nugget bakes more!!! :D :p

PJ's Mom
07-15-2005, 09:44 AM
Awww Jamie! I'm so excited for you. :)

How are you feeling? Morning sickness? Tired? :p

Samantha Puppy
07-15-2005, 09:50 AM
I'm feeling good! The biggest problem I have right now is being too big for my regular pants but not big enough for maternity pants.

Physically, I am feeling terrific. I never had any morning sickness. My biggest first trimester issue was extreme fatigue. If I didn't keep my mind 100% occupied, I was asleep. Some of the places I fell asleep - at work, typing at my desk, mid-type; at a couple Orioles games with 40K+ screaming fans around me; paused in traffic on the way home from work. It was bad. I was sleeping 12+ hours a night PLUS a 2-3 hour nap when I got home in the evenings. It was very frustrating not feeling like myself for so long.

But that's over now and my biggest complaint is my damn pants. ;) Can't wait to be out of this -in-between stage where people aren't sure if you're pregnant or just packin' on the poundage!! :)

finn's mom
07-15-2005, 10:07 AM
Thanks, Jaime (how do you spell it?), you made me laugh with that last post. :) You're so funny!

Samantha Puppy
07-15-2005, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by finn's mom
Thanks, Jaime (how do you spell it?) It's Jaime. My parents had to be different... My name is exactly why my children will never have an alternate spelling for their name.

Pawsitive Thinking
07-15-2005, 10:17 AM
My name is exactly why my children will never have an alternate spelling for their name.

Can we remind you of this when it comes to naming your lovely baby?

At least you will have a choice of decent maternity wear. When I had Katie (15+ years ago) it was all ribbons, bows and sailor colours to disguise the fact that what I was actually wearing was a tent!

finn's mom
07-15-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
It's Jaime. My parents had to be different... My name is exactly why my children will never have an alternate spelling for their name.

That's crazy, cuz that's actually the only way I've ever seen it spelled for a girl. I went to school over the years with about eight girls that spelled it that way. I know it is spelled both, but, I honestly thought your's was the most common way. ;) People always spell my name incorrectly, even though there are a lot of girls that spell their name like mine (two just in Pet Talk!). I don't care, though, I just correct people and move on. ;)

Samantha Puppy
07-15-2005, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Brody's Mum
Can we remind you of this when it comes to naming your lovely baby? No need to remind me. The names we have chosen are all common spellings of old classics.

I don't know any other Jaimes around here. I was the only one - the others were Jamie. I cannot tell you how many times a day I say "No, it's J-A-I-M-E." :rolleyes: So I vow not only to give my child a classic name (no contemporary stuff), but also to spell it so they can say their name and not have to follow it with "No, it's spelled..."

PJ's Mom
07-15-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Brody's Mum

At least you will have a choice of decent maternity wear. When I had Katie (15+ years ago) it was all ribbons, bows and sailor colours to disguise the fact that what I was actually wearing was a tent!

Ah yes. The sailor tops and stripes and bows. LOL God were we dressed like dummies or what? LOL I walked around most of the time in hubby's shirts so I wouldn't look like a goof. lol

Jaime, how's hubby handling all this? Men are so funny at this time. :D I think you'll start to feel really great during your second trimester. That was the best time for all 3 of mine. :)

I named my middle daughter Tanya. Of couse, down here in Texas it's pronounced like you would say "can" I wanted it to be pronounced Tonya, but I screwed it up and believe me, she tells me all about how I screwed up all the time. :p

I got smart and named the others Monica, Christina and John. Not too many ways to mess those up. :D

Oh, and when do you find out the sex?

lv4dogs
07-15-2005, 10:33 AM
I love pregnant bellies!

I love your timer at the bottom!

beeniesmom
07-15-2005, 10:37 AM
Awww, congratulations!
:)

Pawsitive Thinking
07-15-2005, 10:39 AM
No, it's J-A-I-M-E."

I guess you may to too young to remember The Bionic Woman on telly....anyway her name was Jaime although it started out as Jamie but there was a scene where she was supposed to carve her name into a tree with her fingernail (being bionic of course!) but the actress (Lyndsey Wagner) spelt it wrong!!! Time for me to get a life.............................

finn's mom
07-15-2005, 10:45 AM
I cannot tell you how many times a day I say "No, it's J-A-I-M-E."

Ah, you don't have to. It's probably close to how many times a day I still have to spell my name. No, it starts with a K. No, it's not like the lotion. No, it's not like the stephen king novel. No, there's no Y. No, there's no E. It's Kari. :D

And, you know what's bad, it seems like now, people are automatically spelling normal, classic names oddly, just because they're so used to being wrong when they spell it the regular way. ;)

Karen
07-15-2005, 10:51 AM
Jaime is a common spelling where I grew up, but there are a lot of French and French Canadian families there, and J'aime is "I love" though with French sentence structure, the "you" goes between, so I love you becomes "Je t'aime." But Jaime is common around here for probably that reason.

Oh, and Jaime? I have a very simple, very common name, and I still end up having to spell it for people, because so many other people got creative with THEIR spellings of Karen, to be "different." Heck, I am different just by being myself, no spelling odditioes required!

finn's mom
07-15-2005, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Karen
I have a very simple, very common name, and I still end up having to spell it for people, because so many other people got creative with THEIR spellings of Karen, to be "different."

That's what I was saying in my post before yours! ;) I have a friend named Lisa, and, she is always spelling it for other people. They automatically assume it's going to be spelled someway other than the "regular" way because everyone else's name is. It's a lose-lose situation, you just have to grin and bear it. And, spell it. ;)

GraciesMommy
07-15-2005, 10:56 AM
How exciting...cute belly too!

Jadapit
07-15-2005, 10:59 AM
Hi baby!:D Cute belly you have there. Are you having morning sickness at all?

Samantha Puppy
07-15-2005, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Karen
Jaime is a common spelling where I grew up, but there are a lot of French and French Canadian families there, and J'aime is "I love" though with French sentence structure, the "you" goes between, so I love you becomes "Je t'aime." But Jaime is common around here for probably that reason.That's why my parents chose the spelling they did - but we are in Maryland, and the aside from black people, the next biggest minority is Hispanic... So I'm either Jamie or "hi-may".

Oh, and Jaime? I have a very simple, very common name, and I still end up having to spell it for people, because so many other people got creative with THEIR spellings of Karen, to be "different." Heck, I am different just by being myself, no spelling odditioes required! I know, people have bastardized lots of beautiful old classics - but the first names we have chosen, I think, are ones that haven't been touched! Our top two names of each gender are Kate (Katharine only if she's in trouble or graduating or something "official"), Rachel, Evan and Noah - the girls are set, it'll be either Kate or Rachel, but the boys are subject to change.

Actually, I should be able to find out what gender it is at my next appt. and if not, definitely within the following week or two.

Originally posted by Jadapit
Hi baby!:D Cute belly you have there. Are you having morning sickness at all? Nope!

Kfamr
07-15-2005, 11:00 AM
You have a cute tummy, Jaime! I wonder what Sam and the kitties are going to think of the "Patterson-Hellion-Nugget" :p ;)

Are you still enjoying those nuggets? :p

Samantha Puppy
07-15-2005, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
You have a cute tummy, Jaime! I wonder what Sam and the kitties are going to think of the "Patterson-Hellion-Nugget" :p ;)

Are you still enjoying those nuggets? :p Sam will love the Patterson-Hellion-Nugget. The kitties will probably hide. LOL Actually, Kirin, Kimi and Maya will be good with it. Sushi is anti-social with anyone but Josh and I so he'll probably hide the most. :) I'll raise the kid to be an animal lover though, so no worries of mistreating my furkids!

Yes I am. I will be running out shortly for my weekly dose of them. :D

MariaM
07-15-2005, 11:37 AM
This whole thread is amusing me!

I don't like my name "Maria" because I used to not be able to pronounce it, and I can now, but sometimes the people still have a hard time understanding. And if that doesn't happen, then some people call me "Marie". I hate that, *SO* much! It drives me insane.

And...hate to burst your bubble, but I've seen "Kate" spelled "Cate". I think "Kate" is way more common though, so I don't think you have too much to worry about.

Samantha Puppy
07-15-2005, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by MariaM
And...hate to burst your bubble, but I've seen "Kate" spelled "Cate". I think "Kate" is way more common though, so I don't think you have too much to worry about. My possible-future-sister-in-law may be named Cate/Catie. I know it's out there but it's nowhere near so common as to make people ask if it's spelled with a C or K - around here, anyway. So I feel pretty safe using Kate. :) The biggest correction will be "No, it's not KatIE, it's just Kate."

NoahsMommy
07-15-2005, 12:28 PM
Aww!!! So cute!! :)

jazzcat
07-15-2005, 01:31 PM
Look at that cute belly!!!!

I like the name Rachel very much.

I have a niece named Caitlyn and she goes by Cate. My name is Lori - amazing how many people can not pronounce it and forget spelling it. I get called Lora and Laurie and Laura a lot. It's simple folks!

Kater
07-15-2005, 02:16 PM
Our top two names of each gender are Kate (Katharine only if she's in trouble or graduating or something "official"), Rachel, Evan and Noah - the girls are set, it'll be either Kate or Rachel, but the boys are subject to change.

Love the names you have picked out so far! :) I'm Katharine Irene and I go by Kate so I thought I'd give you some insight into what I've experienced in terms of spelling/misspelling, etc. Katherine with an "e" is more common than Katharine with an "a" - at least in terms of how people think it should be spelled. (maybe "a" is a more popular up and coming spelling with the current generation, I don't know) People misspell Katharine a lot, even after correction. :rolleyes: I don't know if you have any particular attachment to the "a" spelling, but if not you might want to go with "e" - especially if you're trying to stick with something less likely to be misspelled.

My possible-future-sister-in-law may be named Cate/Catie. I know it's out there but it's nowhere near so common as to make people ask if it's spelled with a C or K - around here, anyway. So I feel pretty safe using Kate. :) The biggest correction will be "No, it's not KatIE, it's just Kate."

My paycheck at work currently has my name misspelled as Catharine! Ha, never had anyone do it that way before :eek:...and it's so weird because our office manager spells Kate correctly on the work schedule. I've asked her to correct it once already (I was afraid my bank wouldn't cash it), but I guess I have to bug her about it yet again. Also I go by Kate only and never Katie - but the occasional sweet old lady (usually) can't help but call me Katie and/or Katie-dear. ;) People think it's more endearing somehow – something about "ie" names.

Anyway, enough name talk! Congratulations on your little bun in the oven…or should I say nugget. You are looking beautiful!! :D

Samantha Puppy
07-15-2005, 02:46 PM
Hi Kate (nice name, LOL)!

Around here, Katharine/Katherine are pretty much equal in use. I slightly prefer Katharine over the E because I think it looks "nicer". Not that Katherine isn't lovely. It's just that all the old starlets from the old days - Katharine Hepburn, etc. - they spelled it that way and I just like it. I know she'll have to say "Katharine with an A" more often than not, but being as she'll go by Kate it won't be an everyday occurence (except at the beginning of the school year, hehe). But like I said, I see an equal number of Katharines vs. Katherines in this area so I'm not too worried.

I won't mind if someone calls my Kate "Katie" once in awhile, like little old ladies or whatever - I just don't want her to be KNOWN as Katie.

Of course, it'll all be moot if Nug turns out to be a Nugget instead of a Nuggette. ;) Then we're stuck because we *like* Evan and Noah but we don't *love* them like we do the girls' names.

Thanks for all the kind words, ladies! I love talking babies and baby names so if you feel like it, this is the place to post. LOL

shutterbug0303
07-17-2005, 02:10 PM
First, let me say again - a huge congratulation to JaIme ;) concerning the nugget(te)!!! I'm super excited to see more PT babies on the way!!! You're belly is soo cute! I can't wait to be pregnant one day! But I could understand your frustation with the "in-between" stage...hopefully, "nug" will start growing so you can move into the cute little pregnancy outfits!

Second - I LOVE the names you've chosen! All of them! I'm a huge fan of Noah and Kate!!

I just went to my first child-birthing class with my best friend who is due on September 18th. Her husband is in the military and won't be home for the delivery (:( ) so I will be there as the coach. We were talking baby names and hers is Kyleigh Ann (it's a girl...). She said no one can agree on the spelling of this name either - so I guess everyone has spelling issues (even mine - Judy)

And since you "asked" (well, not really, but I thought I'd post anyway) here are my favorite name choices for future children:

Female-Grace Elizabeth (Grace or Lizzie), Addison Bailey (Addie or Bailey)
Male - Samuel Isaac (Sam - NOT Sammy), Mason Tucker (Mason)

:D