PDA

View Full Version : Pavlov's...cat?

trinity
07-15-2005, 07:07 AM
First some background...I started a very bad routine with my Scooter-cat. When I make my toast in the morning, I will let him lick the tiny bit of butter off the butter knife...it is now to the point that he doesn't even have to be in the room, or even on the first floor of the house. If he hears the toaster over bell go off, he comes running to wait for his butter...bad habit...bad habit....but really kind of funny to watch....

Barbara
07-15-2005, 07:12 AM
When I sharpen the big knife in the kitchen, this gets Filou and Tigris close. They know that I cut meat then and they may get a little piece of steak;)

kilbarchancats
07-15-2005, 07:18 AM
oooooooohhhh I have some little butter lovers too - they know the sound of the dish being opened. I have to dot a little blob on the worksurface as a lovely licky treat and then throw a bit of meat or cheese their way to get enough peace and quite to make a sandwich. Tom is the best buttery boy though, the others aren't so keen now that I buy the low fat stuff lol! (BAADDDD ME)

catmandu
07-15-2005, 08:37 AM
JUKE JOINT JOSEPH,IS LIKE THIS,TOO,ONLY HIS BELL,ISTHE SHAKING,OF THE WHISKAS TEMPTATION PACKAGE,AND THE WORD TREATS.

THEN HE COMES A RUNNING,LIKE A BULL,ANDMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWS THEHOUSE DOWN..,TREATS,I WANT MY TREEEEAAATS.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos888.jpg

prechrswife
07-15-2005, 10:04 AM
Chloe's running response is to the clicking of the button on the laser pointer. It was even worse when we had our old desk and used to keep the pointer in the front drawer. She came flying in every time the drawer was opened. That got to be a real pain--especially if we were just looking for a pen or some white-out.:)

lv4dogs
07-15-2005, 10:06 AM
So cute!
You are so lucky if you have just one item that sets them off. lol My cats come running if they hear any type of ceramic/glass dish hit the counter, any type of silverware hit a glass or ceramic dish, any can being opened, when the microwave beeps, any bag that resembles the temptation bags (sound, size or looks), smell any meat or when any of the dog or cat food containers or treat jars are moved, opened or bumped into.

Cataholic
07-15-2005, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by lv4dogs
So cute!
You are so lucky if you have just one item that sets them off. lol My cats come running if they hear any type of ceramic/glass dish hit the counter, any type of silverware hit a glass or ceramic dish, any can being opened, when the microwave beeps, any bag that resembles the temptation bags (sound, size or looks), smell any meat or when any of the dog or cat food containers or treat jars are moved, opened or bumped into.

At least they are getting their exercise! That is very funny to imagine, really...:D

RedHedd
07-15-2005, 11:46 AM
LOL! Ever since I experimented with the Whiskas' Temptations my cats come running every time I walk into the kitchen and now Mishi has trained Mitzi to also meow for her treats .... so I have two meowing furry faces looking up at me with that pitiful "feed me" face each time I walk into the kitchen <sigh> kids! :rolleyes:

trinity
07-15-2005, 11:46 AM
My RB Kunan used to come when he heard the desk drawer opening as he knew that was where his poofy toys were kept.

If Zingo is in the living room, and you reach for ANYTHING on the end table(book, coffee cup, etc.) by the couch, he immediately goes into attack position. The "red dot" lives on the end table you know....

kittycats_delight
07-15-2005, 11:53 AM
my 2 are crazy. They come running if the hear a door open or close. Also if they hear or see a shopping bag they come running and both have to stick their heads inside to make sure there is something there for them. When the fridge or cupboard doors open. Any can being opened and bag being opened. You would swear they are starved to death. LOL

aki
07-15-2005, 12:01 PM
LOL! Chuck can tell the second you start to unwrap a slice of cheese. Then meow your head off till you give him some!