PDA

View Full Version : Bunny's spaying is cancelled

Heather Wallace
02-20-2002, 11:32 AM
unfortunately I have had to cancel Bunny's spaying as I had to take her t the vets today as she had brown/yellow staines around her tail and bottom area.

The vet said it was could be a number of things

1. bladder problem
2. An infection she has had since Nov (when she gave birth)
3. Cancer or tuma in her womb.

I hope it is not the last one.

She has been given anti-biotics and I have to take her back next week.

:(

zippy-kat
02-20-2002, 11:42 AM
Bunny will be in my prayers! Please let us know how she is getting along!

Former User
02-20-2002, 12:12 PM
Awww, poor Bunny! Lots of love from Belgium, get better soon bun-bun!

momoffuzzyfaces
02-20-2002, 12:31 PM
Gosh, I sure hope Bunny is back to feeling her best soon. I'll keep her in my prayers too. Please do, keep us posted.

Heather Wallace
02-20-2002, 12:39 PM
Thanks to you all for your kind words!

Karen
02-20-2002, 01:13 PM
Poor bunny bunny bun! Miss Hoppy sends her sympathy and parsley wishes!

zippy-kat
02-20-2002, 01:19 PM
Did I hear PARSLEY?!
http://www.photogra.com/galleries/35108/curr/1326514_20020204_154959_20020204154959.jpg

Getz well soonz, Miz Bunny!

Former User
02-20-2002, 01:26 PM
LOL Miz Sophie, trust you to hear that :rolleyes:

tatsxxx11
02-20-2002, 06:01 PM
Please get well soon Bunny!!:( We all worry about you so! Love and hugs to you precious one:)

Sam's My Baby
02-20-2002, 07:03 PM
Hi bunny, we are real sorry your not feeling well--
Here is a pic for you:

C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\bunny.jpg
Get well REAL soon!!!

Gio
02-21-2002, 03:33 AM
I will pray that it's not the third... and that whatever it is it will be cleared soon.

LoudLou
02-21-2002, 03:50 AM
Please get well soon, our paws are crossed here and wish you a speedy recovery.:)

Logan
02-21-2002, 07:56 AM
Oh, Heather, I hope she will get better soon! Nothing worse than a sick pet. :( Kiss little Bunny on her sweet nose for me. :)

Logan

Former User
02-21-2002, 01:40 PM
Heather, how's Bunny doing? Any better than this afternoon when we were chatting?

TheAntiPam
02-21-2002, 03:02 PM
I sure hope the medicine works its magic for you, Bunny! Be a brave girl and share lots of cuddles with your mom!

Heather Wallace
02-22-2002, 10:12 AM
Thanks again everyone for your concern.

It is now two days since I took her to the vets.

She seems a lot better today, although I can't seem to get her bottom clean. I bought some top to tail wipes and have even clean her with soapy warm water but nothing will shift the staines from her tail and leg. She does look at bit cleaner, does anyone have any suggestions?

I am hoping that if all is well her spaying can go ahead maybe next week instead.

Will keep you informed.

Former User
02-25-2002, 09:20 AM
Hello Heather!

How's Bunny doing now? Hopefully much better!

Daisylover
02-25-2002, 01:25 PM
I'm so very sorry to hear about Bunny and hope that she is doing much better. My experience is that there is nothing that can be done about the stains on bunny fur. I had a desperately ill all white bunny for 2 weeks and I kept his bottom clean and him on the meds....eventually the stains grew out and disappeared but I'd guess it took another two months for the stains to disappear.
I've got another older girl who insists in sitting in her urine so her back-end gets a lukewarm bath maybe every two weeks or so, more often if she is too stinky to be around (it takes A LOT of towels!). I actually think she appreciates the getting her back end washed because I'll get a couple of bunny kisses while we are washing and rinsing. The vet suggested a drop ot two of Dawn dishwashing liquid...it has grease removers in it but is gentle on the hands. I also dump in about 1/2 cup of baking soda in both the bath and rinse bath to help neutralize odors beyond the bath. I do not bathe her if it's really cold even though she is a house bun. She also doesn't mind me using a hair dryer to help get her dried off and that's also when I cut off any knotted/disgusting fur. Since bunny hair is so dense and she'll only sit still for so long She'e never completely dry but she gets a really good start at the process this way and I don't feel as guilty about her being wet.
Now having said all this I just want to say that as a rule bunnies should not be given a bath if everything is fine. They are by habit very clean animals and can take care of most things themselves. Only if there's a significant problem of having an incredibly dirty bunny or one with a problem such as your Bunny is experiencing and my Emma, should a bath be considered.
Sorry I'm so long-winded. Good luck with Bunny getting well. I'm confident you will find that she just had a bladder infection or something. Don't even think the T word.

Daisylover
02-26-2002, 12:35 PM
How is Bunny doing? I'm sure all of us would like an update.