PDA

View Full Version : Extremely NERVOUS!!

animal_rescue
07-14-2005, 03:05 PM
I'm starting fair next week with Dot. One problem, I hate being infront of people. I know I should be used to this since it is my 3rd year showing but I'm still nervous, espcially since this is my 1st time with Dot. I mean last year I ended up being so stressed out that I made myself so sick that I almost had to be admitted to the hospital. I don't want that to happen again so if anyone has any advice on how to get myself not to be nervous I'd really appreciate it!

Amber
07-14-2005, 05:56 PM
Hey, you'll do just fine! Take deep breathes, and good luck! :)

kimboe
07-14-2005, 06:33 PM
hmmm.....i always try not to think about it to much. The more i think of the crowd the more nervouse i get. So i try not to think about it!
That's all, hope i was of some help?:)

lizbud
07-14-2005, 06:50 PM
When you think of the audience, imagine the seats all filled
with your Pet Talk friends cheering you on.:D You'll do fine.:D

GraciesMommy
07-14-2005, 08:08 PM
You will do great...just breatheeeeeeeeeeeeee

countrycowgirl
07-14-2005, 10:28 PM
aww I know how you feel I get that way before cow shows and playdays but I just have to keep telling myself that it is okay I have been working on this it will be fine and that If I am nervous my animal will be but if I am calm then so will my animal so if I am calm then hopefully nothing can go wrong:) .... I hope that made some sence :o ...but just don't worry....I am the biggest worry wart so I understand ...take a deep breath and just breath everything will turn out okay I will be praying for you!:)

K9karen
07-14-2005, 10:56 PM
Although I'm really pretty good in public, I still try to tune out the audience- almost like a Zen thing. I know they're there, but I concentrate hard on what I'm doing. My belief is that the spectators wouldn't want to be me anyway (in front of them) and that I'm human and if I make a mistake, I make a mistake, it's not the end of the world. I can always look back and say I did my best. You will too. Maybe take a Benydral before hand to calm you down? But really, it's mind over matter. You will do great..repeat...."I will do great..I will do great..I will do great.. ;)

JennaRian
07-15-2005, 05:01 PM
I do dog, steer & horse 4-H.
For dogs I'm usually fine, steer 100% fine but when it gets to horses, Im up on all my edges! The main thing is to smile, which I dont do a lot of cuz im so nervous. Smiles mean you are confident with you & your animal. Anything less the judge will start to notice you. LOL! I just do my best, if I do bad, oh well. I'll live. If i do good, that's something to be happy about. You can always learn from mistakes, you just have to make them sometimes.
i dont have that long before fair & im already getting nervous. Luckily there are pre-fairs to help you get on your toes.

Good Luck!