PDA

View Full Version : Obsessive licking

Samantha Puppy
07-14-2005, 08:37 AM
Ever since Samantha got groomed 3 weeks ago, I've noticed that she's been more obsessive about licking than I've ever seen before. Her favorite spot is her left front leg, right above the "elbow". That part did not even get groomed! I'm afraid that if she keeps licking, she'll lick it raw and it'll get infected. Does anyone have any idea why she'd start doing this now and what I can do to stop it?

beeniesmom
07-14-2005, 09:24 PM
Allegies?:confused:

pitc9
07-15-2005, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by beeniesmom
Allegies?:confused:

My thought too, maybe the type of shampoo they used bothered her skin??
Has she stopped licking at it yet??

Rachel
07-15-2005, 02:59 PM
Ditto on the allergies. With my dogs it really does work to tell them to *stop licking*. Although not a solution to the problem, it helps a bit.

Dixieland Dancer
07-19-2005, 01:33 PM
If she was also bathed, it is probably a reaction to the shampoo. I bath my own dogs because they require extreme thorough rinsing. If there is any trace of shampoo left on their skin they end up with horrible hot spots.

lv4dogs
07-19-2005, 02:29 PM
How's she doing now?

Muddy4paws
08-02-2005, 10:27 AM
Did she go to the groomers to be groomed or did you do it yourself?

If she went to the groomers you should phone and let them know about her so they can write it down for next time and remind them when you take her back so they can be 100% sure to bath her in something more gentle, Maybe you should bath her in some tea tree or Johnsons baby shampoo they should be nicer for her skin and if shes still licking herself then try putting a stretchy bandage over her leg to stop her harming herself

buttercup132
08-03-2005, 08:41 PM
try some bitter apple