PDA

View Full Version : Does your dog smile?

C.C.'s Mom
01-08-2002, 09:31 AM
We discussed this earlier this morning while walking with the dog group. When we laugh, usually Cookie runs to us, sits down and grins a bit silly, showing her teeth. It looks really weird, but we think it's laughing/smiling as she only does this when we have fun ourselves.

Logan
01-08-2002, 09:56 AM
I think they definitely do! All of my non-dog friends think I am crazy! And I probably am!!! LOL!! :D

Took out the box with the red "x". I'll have to load Lilly's smiling face over at Photogra, so you can all see her.

Ila
01-08-2002, 11:11 AM
I myself do not have a dog but my girl friend has a terrior that he grins from ear to ear. Showing his teeth. When he gets excited he looks so funny you cannot help but laugh. Too funny !! Yes animals smile!! ;)

ilovehounds
01-08-2002, 11:56 AM
Hannah Smiles when ever we laugh at her, or say "Hannah your so silly" she smiles she pulls her top lip up and squints her eyes its so cute.

I have always said that it looks like Hannah and Copper are saying cheese and giving me a big smile in this picture.

http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v0/2/50/9/28825009fhbjJfLSOZ_ph.jpg

lizbud
01-08-2002, 07:00 PM
Yes Buddy smiles a lot. Especially when
ever I bring up the subject of him starting
to 'pull his own weight' around here by
maybe checking out the want ads once in
awhile. LOL. Liz.

yorkster
01-08-2002, 07:11 PM
My dog smiles a lot now. When I first adopted her in July, she was 3 yrs. old and had been neglected and abused. :(
After being with us for a few weeks, I noticed her tail was wagging most of the time, and she started smiling when we spoke to her in a happy, excited way. Especially if we were saying "oh Scout is SUCH a good girl!" Or if we got out the b-a-l-l !

:D

C.C.'s Mom
01-09-2002, 01:01 AM
Logan and ilovehounds, those pretty dogs are really smiling!
Now I know I'm not mad when I say a dog smiles :)
I wished to get a picture of my dog when she smiles, but as soon as I get the camera out, she decides it's time for the 'sad' look once again.

Eudora
01-09-2002, 03:32 AM
Cookie will smile when she's looking at the cupboard in our kitchen where we keep the dog biscuits. she'll open her mouth and stick her tongue out and squint her eyes up real small. but she won't stay that way for long. Her smiles last about a minute.

Albea
01-09-2002, 11:56 AM
Take a look at my signature, it's Carina inviting everybody to smile with her by visiting the "Three Golden Girls" album :D

karen israel
01-10-2002, 09:33 AM
Cody smiles almost all the time, esp; when getting belly rubs and massages! I always pray I give him reason to smile and be happy. Sometimes we just stare at each other and smile. Just want to add that I love Lily, what a beautiful, precious girl she is! :)

Network23
01-10-2002, 05:20 PM
I chalk dog smiles up to... There beaks are long and they have extra skin around there mouth. It's nice to believe they can show human expression, but I dont think so. But she smiles in her own way.

slleipnir
01-10-2002, 08:27 PM
My dogs lips kinda stick to their gums or something. So it looks like they pull there cheek up or something and am smiling

aussieshep
01-11-2002, 09:57 AM
This is the smile I love to see from Guinness, it means she's had a good run and is tired! http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v0/8/62/71/11086271XpWwMhdEoC_ph.jpg

jennifert
01-11-2002, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by lizbud:
<STRONG>Yes Buddy smiles a lot. Especially when
ever I bring up the subject of him starting
to 'pull his own weight' around here by
maybe checking out the want ads once in
awhile. LOL. Liz.</STRONG>

I was just reading this post and I got this far and started laughing out loud!
:p :D I am ALWAYS telling Duncan to get a job and make himself useful! I work 2 jobs and I'm single. I said right now the only advantage to getting married would be the dual incomes but if Duncan would just
help out with the bills a little, I'd be all set!!!! ;) :D
Oh and by the way, the pic in my signature is Duncan's smile! I love when he looks like that! It makes me feel so good inside!!!!

[ January 11, 2002: Message edited by: jennifert ]

lizbud
01-11-2002, 05:47 PM
jennifert,
Buddy really does have a 'smile', but has
to be encouraged to show it. He's such a
'serious' creature. I love him very much.
Duncan has a Great smile; kinda looks like
he's laughing in his picture. Liz.

RachelJ
01-12-2002, 08:50 AM
Tucker's expression is normally very sad looking, but when he is having a good time playing with his toys, he breaks into the most beautiful smile. It justs makes me want to kiss his furry face.

AdoreMyDogs
01-12-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by RachelJ:
<STRONG>Tucker's expression is normally very sad looking, but when he is having a good time playing with his toys, he breaks into the most beautiful smile. It justs makes me want to kiss his furry face.</STRONG>

I second that, Rachel. Tucker has an adorable face and I remember seeing him showing me his beautiful smile when I met him :) He's one adorable, beautiful boy :)

And as for smiling...I think this picture of Graham not only looks like he is smiling, but it looks as if he's laughing histarically (sp?) :D

http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v2/4/40/74/18344074jeCpiQMoba_ph.jpg

Hbrika
01-15-2002, 03:38 PM
Oh heavens yes. Gully is always smiling.

She has goofy smiles, friendly dog smiles and I am laughing at you smiles. Sometimes she will look at me over her shoulder, smile and waggle her eyebrows. Then I know that there will be trouble ;D

When people look in her photo album it is the first thing that they notice :)

LoudLou
01-15-2002, 04:45 PM
I'm new here so bare with me on the posting thing, I believe all animals smile and have emotion. I am Mom to 1 Corgi, Louie, and 2 Meezers, The Beans. They always smile. Louie, especially when I come home. They are after all " Children in Fur Coats"

mary_jsn
01-19-2002, 10:07 AM
My dog, sometimes smiles when i praise her especially in her tummy.:D

raian
01-21-2002, 06:52 PM
Of course.

http://www.geocities.com/chascanineclub/magnum4.jpg:) :)

Cincy'sMom
01-27-2002, 11:11 AM
I seem to talk about Sadie more then Cincy, but it is only cause she has been with us a lot longer and we have had more time to watch and observe her, but she loves to get us to chase her with a ball in her mouth and she stops and grins, laughing at us casue she is so fast and we can't catch her. She only laughs til Cincy runs up and steals the ball from her!!!

ownerof3dogs
01-27-2002, 12:26 PM
Hercules has the cutes smile Everytime I come home from school he has the biggest smile on his face It is so big that you can see his teeth!

doggielover02
02-09-2002, 02:48 PM
My dog smiles but in a way that no other person no's but me. She does a huff nouise and then she does a smile thing. . .Who knows? She may be just laughing??
Leann

felinequine
02-20-2002, 07:21 PM
no, my dog doesn't smile.she takes life too seriously...she's a hound, though, so maybe she's always busy "protecting" us since she can smell everything!:rolleyes:

Crikit
02-20-2002, 08:42 PM
Smudge and Winter most yesly smile (I'm tired I'm not going to use long words tonight) not only with their mouths but their eyes as well.

iggylove
02-21-2002, 10:00 AM
Mario is always smiling. :D

When I'm playing around with him or petting him and such, Mario looks up at me with the cutest little smile and big, wide eyes. He sort of puffs up his lips so he can show his teeth. It's hard to explain here, but I think it's adorable.

Another time when he smiles is when my mom or dad comes home (that and running around the house all excitedly), or when a family member that he's seen before stops in. :)

-Iggylove