PDA

View Full Version : My dad's going to make a stand/cabinet for Finn's water bowl

finn's mom
07-13-2005, 12:14 PM
Hey, everyone. My dad is going to make a 15 to 19 inch tall wooden stand for Finn's water bowl. I've been wanting to get one at the pet store for him, but, they're always double, and, since he doesn't eat dog food, I only have one bowl for water. Anyway, Dad's going to make basically a cabinet with a hole in the top for the bowl. I'm going to use the cabinet for Finn's grooming tools and a couple of his toys that he's only allowed to play with in the lake. This is kindof pointless as he hasn't started on it, yet, but, I'm excited!

NoahsMommy
07-13-2005, 12:23 PM
Sounds really cute!!! :)

elizabethann
07-13-2005, 12:25 PM
That's great that your Dad is going to make one for Finn. My Sister had one made with three holes in it. She has 2 Labs. She fills 2 with water and 1 with dry food.

Take pictures of your new water stand when your Dad finishes it!

finn's mom
07-13-2005, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by elizabethann
Take pictures of your new water stand when your Dad finishes it!

I will! :) It'll be so cool to have it, and, it will give my dad something to do. :)

Cataholic
07-13-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by finn's mom
Hey, everyone. My dad is going to make a 15 to 19 inch tall wooden stand for Finn's water bowl. I've been wanting to get one at the pet store for him, but, they're always double, and, since he doesn't eat dog food, I only have one bowl for water.

Finn Finn- please clarify for me. What DOES Finn eat, if not dog food? :confused:

When Binx was alive, I 'made' a water bowl for him using plastic garbage pails and a big metal bowl. The bowl fit perfectly on top of the plastic pail, and stood just the right height for him. I am going to look for a picture.

finn's mom
07-13-2005, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Finn Finn- please clarify for me. What DOES Finn eat, if not dog food? :confused:

I don't think I'll ever feed a dog or cat processed food again. ;) Finn is fed a raw diet, consisting of chicken, pork, beef, fish....he gets raw veggies and fruit when I eat them (which is daily). I've never had a healthier pet. He doesn't have a food bowl, because I feed him in his crate or on the patio. Or if it's just fruits and veggies, I just toss them to him.

Cataholic
07-13-2005, 02:01 PM
Oh. You mean you just put the 'food' (for lack of a better term :)) on the floor of the crate? I think that bothers me!:p Doesn't Finn like things nice and clean? I imagine it would be hard to get raw food off of a bowl...but, I think you need a plate or something for Finn. :D :p

finn's mom
07-13-2005, 02:02 PM
Oh. You mean you just put the 'food' (for lack of a better term :)) on the floor of the crate? I think that bothers me!:p Doesn't Finn like things nice and clean? I imagine it would be hard to get raw food off of a bowl...but, I think you need a plate or something for Finn. :D :p

ha, ha, his food doesn't touch the floor. he's a freakin' alligator.

and, on the occassion where it does, i just spray it down with a vinegar/water solution.....it's cleaner than him licking the ground outside or licking some little kid's hand. ;)

Cataholic
07-13-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by finn's mom

and, on the occassion where it does, i just spray it down with a vinegar/water solution.....it's cleaner than him licking the ground outside or licking some little kid's hand. ;)

or his BUTT!!!!!! :D

finn's mom
07-13-2005, 02:08 PM
or his BUTT!!!!!! :D

exactly. ;)